The "It's all about Football" thread

Guest Attitude

Guest Attitude

Ok so I'm gonna vent here.....

The Bears Brian Urlacher has once again come up injured (calf injury). I'm positive this injury will be used as a crutch all season for his supporters to say why he isn't producing again. God I hope I'm wrong, otherwise the Bears will go down the crapper quick.

Urlacher hasn't played productivly since Oct '08. He is the new Mike Brown of the Bears. Awsome when healthy, but he can't stay that way. I think the bears should dump him while he's still worth something and get some quality players to fill the voids.

Imo, for all fantasy owners out there, stay away from all Bears players. So far in the two pre-season games they've played, they have looked sick. The addition of Martz is a good thing, but it won't help Cutler or the receivers enough to make an impact on a fantasy team this year. Matt Forte....to unpredictable to draft higher then a late 2nd rounder; especially with the addition of Chester Taylor and the unknown on how he'll be used.

P.S.- I think the Saints will re-peat.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, overreact much?! It's the 2nd game of the pre-season. There's kinks that need to be worked out, but it's not cause for panic. Urlacher is FINE. It was a precautionary measure to take him out. He's looked great in camp and I don't care if he sits the rest of the pre-season. It's all about the regular season. The O-Line didn't do a good job, Chris Williams in particular. The Offense got going though and the Bears starters had the lead before the game was turned over to bench players. That's also considering we didn't have Patrick Mannely and Des Clark was our longsnapper, snapping quite a few bad ones (XP and FG blown).

Knox has looked very solid this preseason and Hester had some nice plays last night. Overall it's just the 2nd game of the preseason. You can't get up in arms yet. Urlacher will be fine, the Offense will be fine as long as the O-Line can work on blocking someone lol. Forte looked really good last night in his limited duty. He looks to have his speed back and can make the necessary cuts that he made in his rookie season. We'll have a better idea of how things stand next week vs the Cards as the starters will go 3 Quarters. Hold onto your hat, it's not time to throw in the towel just yet man.

Also I wonder how many playbacks we will see of Denny Green's "They are who we thought they were" speech in the next 6 days.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Guest Attitude
o-BacklasH-o;815777']Also I wonder how many playbacks we will see of Denny Green's "They are who we thought they were" speech in the next 6 days.

OMG those clips are fuckin' awsome!

My advice, avoid the Aromashodu hype and don't expect any drastic improvement on Hester's 09 stats. Aromashodu will be very solid, but he is a possession receiver moreso than a big play threat. I think the receiver to draft is going to be Johnny Knox. There will be a 1000 yard receiver on the Bears this year and I think Knox will be that man. Hester could reach that mark too, but I really like Knox. His speed is right there with Hester's and he has MUCH better instincts/route running.

Also for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

Coors light spin off:

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Linebacker Brian Urlacher did not practice due to a calf muscle strain suffered in Saturday’s game with Oakland. Urlacher is day to day.

They may sit him against the Cardinals on Saturday just to be safe.

They also signed QB Todd Collins for a year as a backup for Cutler.

Attitude;815858']Crusty' date=' do you live in or near San Fran? Just wondering if you have any other info on Crabtree? And Gore is just a beast![/quote']

No I live in Vegas. Born and raised in So Cal which is where my Niner back ground comes from. Crabs has a very minor neck sprain from everything I have heard if it was the regular season he would be playing.

Attitude;815858']Crusty' date=' do you live in or near San Fran? Just wondering if you have any other info on Crabtree? And Gore is just a beast![/quote']

When healthy. The 9ers success or failure relies on Gore. If he goes down, his backup is extremely fragile in Brian Westbrook. Don't forget Coffee retired (that was shocking and sad). The 9ers should win the West and I hope they do for Singletary.

o-BacklasH-o;815864']When healthy. The 9ers success or failure relies on Gore. If he goes down' date=' his backup is extremely fragile in Brian Westbrook. Don't forget Coffee retired (that was shocking and sad). The 9ers should win the West and I hope they do for Singletary.[/quote']

Success depends more on Alex Smith than Gore IMO. Gore should do just fine but Alex on the other hand has yet to pull of a successful full season. Also with two rookies starting on the offensive line there will be some growing pains but I see us winning the west pretty easily our division is crap especially now that Warner has left AZ. We have to much talent in to many places not to make the playoffs in our crappy division.

For fantasy football, I would not rule out Cutler one bit,.. I dont have him, but I think he will perform well for any fantasy team...

Where do you guys play at? I play at NFL.com

Saint re-peat? I doubt it.. They should have been beat by the Vikings last year...

I think the Colts will be the AFC contender for the superbowl and the NFC it is looking like the Vikings:)

Crusty_Demons;815867']You guys already had your draft marine? We are waiting till after pre season for ours. We play at espn.

I had one draft on NFl that already did it, the rest are after preseason..... I am in 4 leagues at NFL.com..... crusty you guys got any openings in your league? or is it full? I love playing Leagues and would love to try out espn....

Crusty_Demons;815865']Success depends more on Alex Smith than Gore IMO. Gore should do just fine but Alex on the other hand has yet to pull of a successful full season. Also with two rookies starting on the offensive line there will be some growing pains but I see us winning the west pretty easily our division is crap especially now that Warner has left AZ. We have to much talent in to many places not to make the playoffs in our crappy division.

I agree with ya Crusty..... Gore is going to be a top player for sure. And Alex is gonna be the man to watch this year... Honestly I hope the 49ers do good this year....... Their division is easier for sure, but honestly i think they have a good shot, and if played right could fare pretty well in the playoffs if they play their sets correctly.

Guest Attitude
I am in 4 leagues at NFL.com..... I love playing Leagues and would love to try out espn....
Wow, 4 leagues, how the hell do you manage that? I find that being in two leagues is difficult. When I own players in one league but my oponents own them in the other league, I have a hard time adjusting on who to root for, or worse yet, how to play my players!

Then again it depends on if your playing in money leagues or not. I'm strictly money leagues so thats why it might be different, if thats the case. You had asked about the ESPN site, I love it! Functional, easy to navigate, informative, etc. etc.. I could go on for awhile about it. It's a top quality site.

Edited by Attitude

Attitude;815877']Wow' date=' 4 leagues, how the hell do you manage that? I find that being in two leagues is difficult. When I own players in one league but my oponents own them in the other league, I have a hard time adjusting on who to root for, or worse yet, how to play my players!

Then again it depends on if your playing in money leagues or not. I'm strictly money leagues so thats why it might be different, if thats the case. You had asked about the ESPN site, I love it! Functional, easy to navigate, informative, etc. etc.. I could go on for awhile about it. It's a top quality site.[/quote']

Yeah, its hard at first, but once ya get used to it it isnt as hard... and 2 of them are money leagues, so it makes it a little simpler, since those are the two I focus on, one is a radmon NFL league that I play for fun, and usually try and pick a team that isnt so good just to see how they do. And the other is me and a bunch of guys from my work.......

I may have to give the espn one a try:) thanks

I'm in a money league on NFL.com (Used to be on CBS.Sportsline) and in a free league on Yahoo. I have a draft tomorrow night and on Friday night. I got the 7th pick on Friday (Money League). I'll find out an hour before the draft on Thursday my pick for my free league.

I'm looking at Gore if he's still there at 7, if not I'll probably go with Andre Johnson for my first pick.

I had one draft on NFl that already did it, the rest are after preseason..... I am in 4 leagues at NFL.com..... crusty you guys got any openings in your league? or is it full? I love playing Leagues and would love to try out espn....

Unfortunately we are all full. Sometimes I kinda wish it wasn't because when you have 14 owners elite players are scarce. Last year was my first year I had a lot more fun with fantasy then I ever expected and I'm looking forward to it this year.

I'm in a money league on NFL.com (Used to be on CBS.Sportsline) and in a free league on Yahoo. I have a draft tomorrow night and on Friday night. I got the 7th pick on Friday (Money League). I'll find out an hour before the draft on Thursday my pick for my free league.

I'm looking at Gore if he's still there at 7, if not I'll probably go with Andre Johnson for my first pick.

Gore will be a good pick...I personally have Gore in my league., .,.. Most people have selected Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice and MJD before Gore..which was good for me being the 4th pick:)

BTW Nemasis. Kickass sig man

Guest Attitude

I have both of my drafts on Sat. one at 11am and the other at 6pm with the big poker game to follow. Nemesis, feel free to give us late drafters some tips on how your draft goes. You can act like our mock! Good Luck. I'm sitting in the 10 spot in one league, the other I don't know yet.

I have the team with the first draft pick tryin' to pull a trade with me to move down in the draft. I don't want to, as I also feel that coming around the back corner gives you a better scoring combo (10th & 15th) then the combination of the 1st & 24th pick. What do you guys think?