The "It's all about Football" thread

Guest Attitude

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Attitude

Don't feel bad, the Bears got a cheap win from a game they clearly lost based on a new rule that took a TD away from the Lions with only seconds on the clock. I can only hope that the players and coaches use this freebie constructivly.

Now, back to this LFL, I think I'll have to pay a visit to the MTV channel this Friday :loco:

Edited by Attitude

Attitude;816480']Don't feel bad' date=' the Bears got a cheap win from a game they clearly lost based on a new rule that took a TD away from the Lions with only seconds on the clock. I can only hope that the players and coaches use this freebie constructivly.

Now, back to this LFL, I think I'll have to pay a visit to the MTV channel this Friday :loco:[/quote']

LOL!!!

Click link for video of the play.

http://nfl.cpa.delvenetworks.com/delve/player/carousel/embed_code.html?channelId=de89a8aeb3e422bac4eb48567f10ebd0&mediaId=be62c8beed2b493383e0a7a13901b638

He has to maintain possession throughout the whole process. Think of that play in terms of him catching it at the 50 and doing that. It's a crappy rule to have for end zone catches though and it will assuredly be looked at in the off-season. As far as I am concerned that is a game the Lions had no business winning to begin with. The Lions were outplayed all game, the Bears were just beating themselves with stupid fumbles and costly penalties.

I'm just glad we escaped with a win. A win is a win and I'll take it, but they need to be much better next week against the Cowboys. The Cowboys are saying the same thing about this meeting. The only difference is the Bears are 1-0 and the Cowboys 0-1.

As far as I can remember every play I have ever seen where a guy has possession and a knee or butt or something is down that's the end of the play. This is the first time I have heard anything about the process of a catch. He wasn't juggling the ball when he was what the NFL has always deemed as down. For instance if a RB is carrying the ball and fumbles they always look to see if his knee was down before the ball started to come out. As far as I'm concerned the process of the catch ended when he had the ball in his possession and was down in the end zone.

Oh well whatever my Niners gotta play the saints on Monday night I'm gonna go find a rock to hide under. lol

Guest Attitude

I'm sure that rule will be adjusted accordingly for the seasons to come. I mean really, what happens when a running back jumps over the goal line and loses the ball? Answer, when the ball brakes the plain the result is a touchdown. So what gives here?

Guest Attitude

Well thats just great, I lost Ryan Grant for the season. Lets hope his handcuff Brandon Jackson produces.

For those of you you can do it, pick up Brandon Jackson form GB. He's the only true RB left for the Pack and their shopping around for a back-up to spell him. He performed well every time he spell Grant in the past. Grab him if you can!

Attitude;816553']Well thats just great' date=' I lost Ryan Grant for the season. Lets hope his handcuff Brandon Jackson produces.

For those of you you can do it, pick up Brandon Jackson form GB. He's the only true RB left for the Pack and their shopping around for a back-up to spell him. He performed well every time he spell Grant in the past. Grab him if you can![/quote']

Shhh don't tell the world.. I am sitting at 13 on the waiver list in need of some running back support hoping everyone else is sleeping. lol

I landed Jackson in only 2 leagues (1 of which I have the number 1 waiver wire spot when waivers process tonight). I also landed him in the 2nd VR league and I was at the 10th waiver spot (caught em sleeping LOL). In the primary VR league I missed out on Jackson as I had the worse possible waiver spot (6th). I was the highest scoring loser, losing 161-123. Does that make me the biggest loser LOL? Anyhow I put in claims for several players and ended up with my #2 choice in Austin Collie.

This is a PPR league, so Collie should be productive, but Jackson even more so. Jackson has caught 20-30 balls the last 2 years out of the backfield, playing behind Grant. He should be very active in the passing game, as well as most of the Packers ground game the rest of the year (assuming they don't trade for a back). The only downside is John Kuhn will get a lot of the goal line reps.

My brother who is a FF rookie has the number 1 spot on waivers this week. I sit in 8th with a lot of good owners in between him and I so I sold out.. It was painful but I had to get on the phone and help him learn the waiver system etc. His team is pretty weak and in need of a lot of help so I opted to give Jackson to my brother instead of letting the better competition get him. :Cry:

He texts me later to let me know he is going to pick up the tight end that I was going to pick up which I didn't mention a word of to him.. Oh the irony.

Edited by Crusty_Demons

Attitude;816623']I missed out on Jackson but got Payton Hillis from Clevland. He started and had a better opening day then Jerome Harrison! Hope this one pans out.

LOL. I got Hillis too. I didn't realize he was even available until I sorted the player search by points in week 1. WooT!!

Braylon was excited that he actually made a few nice catches and didn't drop any balls in a win vs the Patriots...So he goes out and gets blasted, then gets picked up for a DUI. Too funny. There's lots of waiver fodder out there this week. I won't post who I am going for, because I'm in leagues with a lot of members that frequent here LOL. ;)