The "It's all about Football" thread

Guest Attitude

Guest Attitude
Thanks.

I usually go RB, RB... but I could go with Johnson as my first pick and still get a decent RB when my next pick comes around. I'm sure someone will grab a QB too early and there should still be some good RB's around, or maybe even a top 5 QB. :thumb:

Unless your in a PPR league, RB, RB is the way to go. I mean certain things do apply, but for the most part, thats the safest bet. Johnson is going to be hard to pass up though if he's there at 7. I'm expecting he won't be for me in the 10th spot.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attitude;815895']I have both of my drafts on Sat. one at 11am and the other at 6pm with the big poker game to follow. Nemesis' date=' feel free to give us late drafters some tips on how your draft goes. You can act like our mock! Good Luck. I'm sitting in the 10 spot in one league, the other I don't know yet.

I have the team with the first draft pick tryin' to pull a trade with me to move down in the draft. I don't want to, as I also feel that coming around the back corner gives you a better scoring combo (10th & 15th) then the combination of the 1st & 24th pick. What do you guys think?[/quote']

I wouldnt trade...... 10th and 15th will get you a better scoring combo.. However I am sure the top 3 or 4 RB's will be out, and more than likely someone will take the 1 and 2 WR and probably #1 QB, usually... I would stick where ya are, grab a good RB on first pick, and a good wr on second pick... then work out another good rb and QB, then WR... thats just me though...I like to have a great RB, a good WR and a good QB at least....

We have used ESPN for 4 years now, and it's great. Some wiseass thought we should try yahoo a few years back, we did, and it was HORRIBLE. The draft froze every 2-3 picks, people getting logged off. Hated it.

We had our draft already too. My first pick ended up being Peyton, mostly because the top 5 backs went in the first 5 picks, plus our scoring is set up so qb's are the biggest contributors. I don't necessarily run with a pre-determined draft gameplan. I have my watchlist set up as if I do, but then I pick judging on how the draft is playing out. The first year I played I had a very concise plan and when my players were picked it completely threw me off. I ususally make sure that in the first 4 rounds I get a QB, WR, and 2 backs. I'm usually that bastard that takes a kicker early too. On the field I hate kickers. Worthless. In FF, they are money though, so I always try to get one of the top two in the league.

I agree with Crusty about size. This is the first year we've had 14 in our league(usually 8-10), and players really are scarce. It will make for an interesting season.

Guest Attitude

Hey Biggie, Yahoo is my "other" site and 2 years ago we had the same problem with people getting booted or the screen freezing. It sucked big time, and yes the ESPN site is the shit! Very professionally done.

It sounds as though we have similiar draft stratgies. qb, 2 rb's, & a wr in the first 4 picks. After that you do need to go with how the draft is playing out.

Both my drafts are this Sat. and I know some poor uneducated sole is going to draft Houston's RB Ben Tate. When that happens, I'm gonna bust a gut laughing! Something like that happens every year and it's priceless when you have a live draft with everyone sitting there laughing. Can't wait. :rofl:

Over at VR I run a CBSsports Commissioner league for both Fantasy Football and Baseball. I have found that CBSsports is by far the best site to use, though ESPN is very solid. I am in leagues on all 3 major sites annually, but I just find CBSsports to be the best site overall (Big 3 being ESPN, CBS, and Yahoo). NFL.com is identical to CBSsports, or it was the last time I used NFL.com which was 3-4 years ago. In fact at that time NFL.com fantasy was "powered by CBSsports."

Anyhow, I always cap our football league at 12 owners. This year there was so much interest, I had to make a 2nd league to accommodate for everyone. There was no way we were going to have an 18-20 team league LOL. We'd be drafting NFL bench-warmers in the 5th round haha. I have found that 12 owners is the perfect number. Having partaken in several 14 team leagues, the talent pool is extremely reduced and you really need to do your homework. I don't mind doing my homework, but this is supposed to be fun for everyone and not everyone can dedicate that kind of time to research. Both leagues are 12 owners max, though the 2nd league will have a few repeat owners from the 1st to help fill the league.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Attitude;815919']Hey Biggie' date=' Yahoo is my "other" site and 2 years ago we had the same problem with people getting booted or the screen freezing. It sucked big time, and yes the ESPN site is the shit! Very professionally done.

It sounds as though we have similiar draft stratgies. qb, 2 rb's, & a wr in the first 4 picks. After that you do need to go with how the draft is playing out.

Both my drafts are this Sat. and I know some poor uneducated sole is going to draft Houston's RB Ben Tate. When that happens, I'm gonna bust a gut laughing! Something like that happens every year and it's priceless when you have a live draft with everyone sitting there laughing. Can't wait. :rofl:[/quote']

LOL. I love that too. We had someone take Vincent Jackson in the second round!!

Marine, I didn't get great picks at RB and WR, all the big guys were gone. I ended up with Rashard Mendenhall and Darren Sproles(just traded to get cedric benson also) at RB, and Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Mario Manningham, and Braylon Edwards at wr. I also got lucky and picked up Vernon Davis in the 5th round. Neeley accidentally only set our bench at 7 players, so it's going to be challenging to add/drop players as needed. I did just add Patrick Crayton and Bryant Johnson to my bench from FA the other day, so we'll see how it goes.

Guest Attitude

Nacku,

Wallace although ranked lower, was the third WR on Pit's depth chart last year. This year he's moved up to replace Santonio Holmes and should produce even better this year. Jennings is who I'm hoping to land around the 4th or 5th round. You can't go wrong with getting all those receptions from Rodgers. If you have both Mendenhall & Benson as your backs, your stacked! Crap, in a 12 team league and you landed two RB's ranked in the first 12! Thats awsome. Please keep us informed on the progress of your team this year. I'd be interested to see how you do. Oh damn, you stated you have Peyton Manning also? Ok wait, I get it, your in a 4 team league right? lol Yeah, keep us posted.

Backlash's Sunday thoughts:

After 4 drafts and nearly 12 consecutive hours of drafting my eyes are numb. My dreams are going to be of player numbers and depth questions. I find myself looking at all 4 leagues as solid drafts. This year, in my experience, was the year of the QB. You better get them early or you will get stuck. Luckily I found myself on the good end of that landing Schaub in 2 leagues, Favre in one (auction league), and Brees in the other.

I continually waited too long on Malcolm Floyd today, landing him in only 1 of 4 leagues. Floyd is going to be THE man in San Diego catching balls at receiver. I have a lot of stock vested in players like Arian Foster, Mike Wallace, and Ryan Matthews. I think all 3 will be great picks this year. Wallace is the number 2 man in Pittsburgh and had big play potential in his rookie year, which will most definitely carry over to 2010. Arian Foster has looked like a man on a mission this pre-season and his stock continues to rise in that high powered offense. Ryan Matthews is the hype monster rookie RB and he's definitely worth the hype. I've also invested in a few other impact rookies like Jahvid Best and Dez Bryant.

Guest Attitude
Attitude;815919']

Both my drafts are this Sat. and I know some poor uneducated sole is going to draft Houston's RB Ben Tate. When that happens' date=' I'm gonna bust a gut laughing! Something like that happens every year and it's priceless when you have a live draft with everyone sitting there laughing. Can't wait. :rofl:[/quote'] My drafts went well, I feel confident with both of my teams. My live draft was by far the funniest one to date. As stated in my previous quote, we had an owner pick Sidney Rice with his 2nd round pick (out for what 8 weeks in a 14 week fantasy season) LOL. Then after he was laughed at and razzed until his next pick, he said "OK, here's my redemption for the last fuck up" he then places Ben Tate on the board! OMG we never laughed harder. I saw him at work today and his shiftmates are talking about it already and their not letting him live it down. This guy is normally a decent drafter, however, I think most of his picks were the result of consuming a bottle of scotch before the 3rd round. He'll remember not to do that again on the single most important day of fantasy football. lol

Edited by Attitude

Guest Attitude

Ok, do you guys still feel the same about the Bears? I'm still upset that they look like CRAP! I know it's week 3 in the pre-season but come on, at some point you need to produce in the pre-season what you expect to put out on the field in week 1.

For the VR league, I stupidly scheduled myself an interview with a potential person to rent one of my rooms in my house at the same time the draft. So I got stuck with half of the Chiefs. eff me.

Here's what I got:

Matt Shaub

Matt Cassell

Ricky Williams

Jaamal Charles

Michael Turner

Ahmad Bradshaw

Clinton Portis

Brandon Marshall

Steve Smith (nyg)

Hines Ward

Chris Chambers

Kellen Winslow

Ravens DST

Ryan Longwell

Why they stuck me with so many RB's I dunno. Feel free to poke fun

Guest Attitude

Pathogen,

In my opinion, dump Portis & Cassell and start by looking for a WR and a kicker. Yes I said kicker. Your kickers bye week is week 4. Then in week 5, two of your four WR's are on byes. If you run in the standard 3 WR format, you'll be fucked. My thinking....Portis is your weakest back and Schaub's bye week isn't until week 7 and he's a keeper, don't let him go. When week 7 comes around there will be back-up QB's available to plug in for the week. Good luck and let that be a lesson to you. Never, ever, schedule anything close to a draft day! lol.

Drafted Monday for our keeper/money league. I got a better team than in the fun league, at least I think so. I got a few Raiders, because I think they will be much improved, but if not I plan on dropping them.

Tom Brady

Adrian Petersen (K)

Lesean McCoy

Percy Harvin

Miles Austin (K)

Greg Jennigns

Vernon Davis

Stephen Gostkowski

49ers Defense

Mike Wallace

Darren Sproles

Mike Bush

Jason Campbell

Darren McFadden

Ladanian Tomlinson

Chris Chambers

Bo Scaife

Santonio Holmes

Texans Defense

Guest Attitude

The Sunday I've waited for since February has finally arrived! Today, I will be the king of my manor. I will sit like a vegetable in front of my TV with chips and drink in hand while I watch 9 hours of football!

As Gen. Patton is quoted... "God help me, I do love it so!"

modify_inline.gif