The "It's all about Football" thread

Guest Attitude

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Attitude

Guess whos going to the Monday Night Bears vs. Packers game? Yep, yours truly just landed some tickets from a buddy whos season ticket holder partner can't go! I'm so stoked!

Don't just read it, SING IT!

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

modify_inline.gif

Attitude;816795']Guess whos going to the Monday Night Bears vs. Packers game? Yep' date=' yours truly just landed some tickets from a buddy whos season ticket holder partner can't go! I'm so stoked!

Don't just read it, SING IT!

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

[img']http://www.ravenfall.net/forum/Themes/Ravenfall/images/icons/modify_inline.gif[/img]

Hell Yeah!!!!

I got tickets to the Bears/Giants on October 3rd.

Who dat!

Who Dat almost lost the game? lol You guys better get your offense together and losing Bush to a fibula is not gonna help the cause.

Escaping out of Frisco with a three point win is either a good sign for Frisco or a bad sign for the Saints. Maybe it's both :noidea: Everyone thought it was gonna be 40+ to 10

Edited by Crusty_Demons

Yeah, the bookies in Vegas lost a LOAD of money because SF covered the spread. That was one of the best Monday night games in a long time. Right up until the buzzer it was intense. I was rooting my ass off for the Niners. Mostly because Frank Gore is a man among men. Thier 0-2 record does not reflect how good of a team they really are.

Crusty_Demons;816802']Who Dat almost lost the game? lol You guys better get your offense together and losing Bush to a fibula is not gonna help the cause.

Escaping out of Frisco with a three point win is either a good sign for Frisco or a bad sign for the Saints. Maybe it's both :noidea: Everyone thought it was gonna be 40+ to 10

I know, I'm worried about losing Bush. It'll be interesting to see how it affects things. And Brees was off his game. He was having a difficult time landing those passes. That's just not like him.

Guest Attitude
Hell Yeah!!!!

I got tickets to the Bears/Giants on October 3rd.

Thats great. We should have some decent weather going so early in the season. I went to one in December and froze my ass off tailgating. Had to try and keep warm with hot coals from the grill! lol

Attitude;815773'] P.S.- I think the Saints will re-peat.

Saint re-peat? I doubt it.. They should have been beat by the Vikings last year.

I don’t know if they can repeat or not.. that’s hard for any team but they will be in the playoffs for sure..

However Marine, I have to totally disagree almost to the point of that your statement is laughable.. (and it’s the reason I got to get this rant out of me dammit!!)

I’m just tired of seeing such poor team fans like a lot of the ones here in MN.

The Vikes suck this year and they sucked last year… they had what had to be the easiest schedule in the league last year playing basically only one really good team the whole year.. the Steelers.. and they got their butts handed to them in that one.

Don’t get me wrong I live in MN and I’m not a Vikes hater but I’m sick of hearing the fans around here come up with every excuse in the book. Their big “UNFINISHED BUSINESS†slogan for their season opener against the Saints sort of left a lot of business still unfinished! LOL and now at 0-2 they think their game against the hapless Lions is a gimmee.. well although it’s basically the same Vikes team from last year it’s not the same Detroit team… I laid bets on the Lions to beat em.. plenty of takers around here. If they win they will claim it’s their big comeback. Ha! If they lose.. maybe I’ll finally stop hearing how good they are suppose to be? Chances are though they will blame the coach or something.

I like the Vikes but they just don’t have all the pieces they need.. and I can’t stand fickle fans. It took 31 years for the Saints to finally be decent. Yet the fans backed them the whole time.. even during the Ain’ts year they still went to the games and partied on bourbon street win or lose..

The best way to sum up what good fans are is a statement by Drew Brees.. when asked what he thought about the parade the city threw the team when they won the Superbowl he said.. “ There was going to be a parade in New Orleans for us regardless of if we won or notâ€

Last year when the Vikes lost the NFC conference game people were crying, tossing Viking gear in the trash and bitching and moaning.. COME ON! They made it to the Division Championship (easy season aside) You got to give them props for getting that far, yet MN fans only bitched.. pathetic! Even Lions fans still back their team despite such a dismal last season.. and right they should

So sure the Saints finally won a Superbowl, but their real victory is keeping good fans including me for thirty some odd years before doing so. I heard Favre is saying if they keep losing he might not finish the season… that’s just so wrong… if you ask me I’d kick his ass to the curb right now. Only thing worst then fans that give up are players that do.

Ok Rant over..

p.s. Fantasy Football? I played it two years ago and it was fun but I found myself more concerned with player stats than who won or lost the game so I gave it up. Still it was fun in its own way.. just not my cup of tea I guess. My brother in law loves it and I keep track of how he’s doing…. Guess that makes me a Fantasy football assistant coach.. LMAO!

Guest Attitude
GOAT;816935']

p.s. Fantasy Football? I played it two years ago and it was fun but I found myself more concerned with player stats than who won or lost the game so I gave it up. Still it was fun in its own way.. just not my cup of tea I guess. My brother in law loves it and I keep track of how he’s doing…. Guess that makes me a Fantasy football assistant coach.. LMAO!

Good to get those rants out from time to time. As far as Fantasy Football not being for everyone, I have to agree.

I'm totally a Fantasy football player and yes, it did take away some of my experience from the actual games themselves and team aspects. I found that I'm much more knowledgable with overall player stats and for me, that puts me closer to the game if that makes any sense. Now, instead of watching just the Bears like I used to do, I watch every game I can, even the Lions games! lol

Edited by Attitude

Dear Chicago Bears:

I need help staying undefeated in my FF league. Please allow Greg jennings to go off and get 3 touchdowns. However please stop Finley from doing a thing. It would also be fantastic if you could run up the score on the GB defense. I would be so grateful if you could do these things for me tonight, and would even start rooting for the Bears!!

Sincerely,

Panicking Fantasy Owner.

:thumb:

Dear Chicago Bears:

I need help staying undefeated in my FF league. Please allow Greg jennings to go off and get 3 touchdowns. However please stop Finley from doing a thing. It would also be fantastic if you could run up the score on the GB defense. I would be so grateful if you could do these things for me tonight, and would even start rooting for the Bears!!

Sincerely,

Panicking Fantasy Owner.

:thumb:

LOL, Im up by 50 points, but Rogues still has Rogers and Forte to play...may it be a defensive struggle!!!!!