What killed the electric car?

Guest Stealthknight

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

LOL...its called propeganda. for every movie you show me about how the "oil companies" are burying technology that doesnt make them money, i will show you an oil company produced video that shows all the good things they are doing for the environment (it WONT show oil spills, deaths, etc.). its all just a matter of who makes the movie. are the electric cars 100% petroleum product free??? if not, you need the oil company.

if you wanna bitch about the price of gas, the dependency on foreign oil, bitch about the government not letting us explore and develop the resources we have in our own borders. if you wanna bitch about pollution, quit driving your car, riding the bus, or taking a taxi. americans are completely dependent on the automobiles, yet whine and cry about them every chance they get.

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

Oil companies worked together to kill the idea of the electric car...at least IMO.

We've been studying this for months now in my Sociology/American Society course, interesting stuff.

Puddy even with you working for them I'm sure there are things the head guys don't want their employees knowing. Shit look at Enron.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Swifthawk ]

Oil companies worked together to kill the idea of the electric car...at least IMO.

We've been studying this for months now in my Sociology/American Society course, interesting stuff.

Puddy even with you working for them I'm sure there are things the head guys don't want their employees knowing.  Shit look at Enron.

you are totally right man, there is a LOT i dont know, and really dont want to. but i do know that the company i work for has done a lot of good things, and i have seen it over the last 7 years. but they are all about the money.

Guest Stealthknight

I never said it was the oil companies fault lol. In fact GM had more to do with killing that particular vehicle the "EV". I just think it was an excellent alternative for daily commute drivers and could have helped alot. But Red for your comment your right about hybrids, but this wasnt a hybrid. It was strictly electric and in california they even had charging stations placed in certain gas stations for lengthy commutes. No gas involved, HOWEVER the electricity they were using came from coal plants which were argued to produce almost as much toxin as the oil refineries.