"Hardcore" playing mode.....

I was curious if you have the option in private rooms to just simply play "hardcore" mode. We had a war lastnight without it and its flat out terrible. I felt like I was playing Gears of War, Halo3, or Resistance with how many hits it takes to finally drop a guy. And then, when you did go through a clip or so to just "down" him you had to repeat the process if he was using the "Last Stand" perk. As much as I love this game this was the first time I hated playing it. The rest of my group is in agreement with my thoughts as well.

Hardcore mode is the way to go and although I don't know if it can be done in private rooms yet, I sincerely hope the UF adopts this as default setting. Was testing down with this?

Ok, I checked GB's default settings and it looks like "Hardcore" mode IS an option in private matches. I REALLY hope this can be talked about to see what people think. All of our gameplay during evenings is Hardcore and we love it. People die when you shoot em, your forced to play a more quality game due to not wanting to die. You have to earn UAV's in order for the HUD to work.

I think it just all around encourages skilled quality gameplay.

This open for discussion?

The rules are up for The UF Crucible and the SCREEN SHOTS for how each match is to be set up will be up this weekend.

I can say this now.....whether or not HARDCORE is going to be an option in The Crucible....well, both the Crucible and the CoD4 TACMAP tourney are going to be set up VERY differently. Remember, Crucible is just an evaluation tourney. The TACMAP tourneys have ALWAYS been the tougher battles.

Agree... Hardcore is for the Professional Clans. The other modes are Arcade and meant for practice.

You should only be able to take 1 50 cal. round to the chest. Not 2.

The .50 on the other modes are impossible at medium range. You shoot a guy and he hears the shot and it takes you a second to reload. By that time your dead.

hardcore doesnt really encourage skill it encourages teamwork which when respawn is enabled is pointless but for like hardcore search and destroy its good. I find in hardcore people are just more scared of dying so they hide and camp, personally i prefer regular because then a headshot is a headshot where as hardcore u can get shot in the foot once and die so all pple do is get LMG and hold it down while hiding

-Affliction- ]

I find in hardcore people are just more scared of dying

Exactly.....  and the sloppy wreckless gameplay is removed.  Deaths should mean something more then "just 5 points for the other guys".  There is nothing more I hate then going 20-4 and finishing 2nd to a guy that just went 21-18.  I mean really, what sense does that make?

i agree totally...I feel that if you want to play "wreckless", sloppy, and respawn...go play Halo. I'm so bored of this game already because of the continual respawns. I tried to interest myself by setting personal goals (as I've completed almost all the challenges twice over)...but most of the time I sign on just because SHO is on...then play half assed unless I'm needed or it is set to hardcore/search and destroy. I've never liked the "rambo" maps or game types in any game, and I feel annoyed when this game almost encourages it. For instance, Headquarters mode...where its just run willy nilly to the target blasting.

Anyway...that is just my humble opinion, thanks for reading.

Undertow ]
Swifthawk ]

LOL AKA:

Crucible = Hardcore mode

TAC MAP = Regular

:-*

It's funny when people speculate.

Yea i believe he has it backwards ..lol

& i think i saw in the rules for "The Crucible" that when in Team Deathmatch mode, "Hardcore" is turned on - Enabled.