No Quickscope in Black Ops

No-Black-Ops-Quickscoping.jpg

During a impromptu Q&A session on Twitter last night, Treyarch’s Josh “JD2020″ Olin scuppered the hopes of all those that planned on using their ‘l33t Quickscoping skillZ’ in Black Ops. Treyarch don’t like Quickscoping and think FPS games should be “played straight-upâ€, thus, not only making Sleight of Hand Pro not work with Sniper Riles, but specifically gimping the ability to Quickscope in Black Ops.

When asked if Quickscoping will be possible in Black Ops, Olin replied:

No, Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We’re specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!

Not liking what they had heard, people began to quiz Olin about the subject of Quickscoping in Black Ops some more. Once again Treyarch’s community manager clarified:

Nope. Quickscoping is way more annoying to a way larger group of people than the quickscoping community who loves to do it. #cheapâ€.

Here here!

How are they going to do this? Well, apart from disabling Sleight of Hand Pro with Sniper Rifles, Olin also said that they would be making Sniper Rifles off-center until you have fully zoomed in for a certain amount of time. We don’t know if they have anything else up their sleeves.

We have had a lot of discussion here on BlackOpsBlog about Quickscoping, here is your chance to go deep. Do you think Quickscoping should be allowed in Black Ops? Is it a genuine way to play a FPS game? Do you thing Quickscoping ruins the gameplay or makes it better? Are you fed up of landing in a game only to be playing against a team of Quickscopers? Do you think Quickscoping makes for better montages? Etc etc. Go at it in the poll and comments.

Source

post-10687-140900775067_thumb.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Im glad they are addressing the quick scope. It's alot easier to get tuber's to stop by beating them at their own game than getting quickscopers to play straight up. Im just that much more excited for this title.

PS: Didn't they say they nerfed the 203's? I thought I heard they would be 'less prevalent' in BO....

While I was no "expert" at quickscoping, I dabbled in it for a bit due to it's annoying prevalence in MW2. It is a pretty cheap tactic when on the insane look speed, as plenty of times you don't even have to have your crosshairs on or around the person to kill them. I didn't enjoy it and after a few days of trying it, I went back to my normal style of play and normal lookspeed. I always found it pretty easy to kill quickscopers anyhow, but they were annoying nonethelss.

Quickscoping was fun to do in a private free for all with friends/clanmates, but it has no real place in the game. I am really looking forward to Black Ops even more now, as it seems the two cheapest methods of play have been removed (unlimited OMA 203's and Quick Scoping). Also there are interesting handicaps associated with carrying a 203 or rocket in Black Ops. I believe I read that if you have one attached to your primary, you a secondary weapon. Overall Black Ops should be more about overall gun skill and completely different than MW2 in a really good way. I love that killstreaks aren't stackable, so you have to earn each streak with your gun skill instead of one killstreak leading to another from a secure camping spot like in MW2.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

mic--;817887']If he wants to play straight up' date=' take out the 203s and rpgs. I would much rather be quickscoped than 203d.[/quote']

Hey noobs need their noob tubes and rockets.....

I personally agree with you, i would much rather be killed by a quickscoper than by some launched explosive.

I am there with you two, but if I had a choice I would get killed by someone's gun over anything. That way I know that somebody actually got the best of me. I miss the days of no killstreaks or tubes (Socom). It was your gun vs another gun, best man comes out of the fight alive. It still is like that on CoD games, but those gunfights are often superseded by a tube, rocket, grenade spam, or killstreak.

o-BacklasH-o;817921']It still is like that on CoD games' date=' but those gunfights are often superseded by a tube, rocket, grenade spam, or killstreak.[/quote']

You forgot the knife kill from 50 yards away with commando. Or my favorite... you run past a person with a slow reaction time, so they knife after I've already ran past them, yet they somehow manage to press the knife button and even though I'm now 2-3 feet behind them, it still kills me lol.

Anyone know if commando is going to be in black ops? lol

Nikastylez;817943']You forgot the knife kill from 50 yards away with commando. Or my favorite... you run past a person with a slow reaction time' date=' so they knife after I've already ran past them, yet they somehow manage to press the knife button and even though I'm now 2-3 feet behind them, it still kills me lol.

Anyone know if commando is going to be in black ops? lol[/quote']

nope, commando is not in it.

Thank god commando is gone. I personally have never had any run ins with quick-scopers but I'm definitely glad to see it gone. It reminds me of the nightmares I had in Socom 3 with the quick snipers. Black Ops just keeps looking better and better. On top of all these great additions and subtractions in multiplayer we still get to look forward to Viet Kong Zombies!!!!