UFGL Site Maintenance

We will be conducting site maintenance on the UFGL starting tomorrow morning.

What this means is that you will have to recreate your teams and all the stats will be reset. Unfortunately, that is the only way to implement this improvement.

This is being done to take care of the login issues and to provide a Single login. There are some other minor improvements we will be implementing at the same time.

We apologize for this inconvience, but this should help with this main issue still plaguing some people today.

Also, sorry for the short notice, but this is when we were able to get the days we needed to program and test.

NO ONE is going to have to Re-Register anywhere.

Your Team / Teams on the UFGL site will have to be recreated. Your User Name and Password will be the same as it is on the forums.

Well since is the first time we are doing a reset, this should be it. This will completely tie together your ID across the site.

We hoped you all wouldn't mind after only a couple weeks and are doing this to make it better for everyone since there seem to be so many repeated issues with logins and passwords. Many of these issues didn't surface in the testing phase.

So instead of letting it drag on, we are chosing to get it fixed and out of the way. Resetting everything is not what we wanted, but it must be done. If there was any other option, we would choose it, but there is not.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvinence, but in the end, the customization will be a better, more reliable tool and will allow us to add some additional flexibility.

Its pretty obvious that even though we tested ALOT, we still didn't see this coming. It has nothing to do with BUSA, or anyone's wishes...its simply to ensure that in the future people won't have any problems.

Were new to the Ladder Admin guys, and were doing our very best to make UF grow in ways that benefit you, the gamer.

Your the pioneers too, so there is a small set back, thats all. Take it for what it's worth and don't add anything more if you can keep from it, ya?

This has to do with

1. Fix the login issues.

2. Single user sign in. Meaning when u sign in on the forums then you are automatically signed in when u hit the UFGL site.

As we saw this issue not getting any better, we decided to do the fix now. There is no good time, but this was the better alternative.

And it wouldn't matter who had the highest points, its about giving you all the best we can bring to the community. We all have played here and its the passion to keep the spirit and community of Urgent Fury alive no matter what game an Urgent Fury member plays. And it sure makes it easier than having to request a match just on the forums.

Sent from my DROID2

Yea id rather have a fully functional ladder with no issues and have to lose my stats rayher then an poorly functional one and keep them. The sooner they fix the better just imagine how much stats there would be after ayear? Its better this way

UPDATE - The update went smoothly.

We are doing some final tests. There is a chance that we could go live sometime tomorrow.

An email will go out to notify everyone and this thread will be updated as well.

Sent from my DROID2

Guest Attitude

Just so this thread doesn't go the wrong direction, my "knocking Busa off the top of the ladder" was all in good fun. I don't want anyone to take it out of context. Someone had just made that posting on the UFGL site long ago when Busa was sitting up there for a few days. No worries here.

If u find that you are getting an already logged in response, logout and log in again. It will reset your cookies.

Sent from my DROID2

Alright so I have run into an issue..After the site was back up and running I ran into no issues and went ahead and recreated the cKs team on the SOCOM team ladder with no problems. Though I did notice that under "My teams" it said that I had to be logged in to view them, which I found odd but ignored since the "Team Manager" link still worked.

So today, a couple days later, I tried to sign up for the Madden 11 ladder and got an error saying that I couldn't do it (sorry I dont remember exactley what it said) I then noticed at the top of the screen it said welcome Guest! Even though I was logged in. So I logged out and logged back in and it changed to Welcome Hotwire!! So I figured everything fixed itself. So I went ahead and made the madden team and saw that it showed up under "My teams" which made me worry since it still didnt show my SOCOM ladder team.

And sure enough when I clicked on Team Manager the only team I belonged to was my madden team.

When I checked the roster for the socom team ladder, which is found here: http://gaming.urgentfury.com/stats.php?account=9

It says that I am on the roster and that I am the leader. But my name is grey, when everyone else's name is green.

Please help! I need to have the team manager privileges to be able to challenge teams and accept challenges.

Oh, and on another subject in regards to the problem that Fear_Wade is having. I think I know what the problem is. When you click the links that he pointed out in his screenshot, the URL that the link brings to you is an incorrect one. Most likely one you guys were using before but then changed ur mind and used a differnet link.

For example: When I click on the Madden link that would be in the area that Wade pointed out in the screen shot, the url that the link brings to me is: http://gaming.urgentfury.com/standings.php?ladder[id]=41

When the ladder is actually located at this link: http://gaming.urgentfury.com/standings.php?lid=41

instead of it saying "php?lid=#" it says "php?ladder[id]=#"

I hope that helps.

Edited by HotWire_

Tool_Minion;818277']I fixed mine by simply logging out of UF completely' date=' logging back in, then clicking the UFGL link. It had me logged in pretty as you please after that.[/quote']

Well, that's not working for me.

Also when I try to go to the Profile Manager to test it, I get this message:

Account Manager

You must be logged in to view this page!

So when I click on Login, I get this message:

Login

You are already logged in!

So which is it??