SOCOM 4 Release Date

I wonder if my clan mates are the only ones that have seen this. So I come here to ask everyone that may be in the "know".

The other day one of my clan mates was in Gamestop, and was asked " Are you ready for SOCOM 4 in January?" He said "you mean March right?"

The gamestop employee then said "No, they moved the date up!"

Well we went into investigation mode, I also went to my local gamestop and asked about the release. They first said March, I then said I heard a rumor and they checked. ALL Gamestops are showing an EARLY January release. I also checked Walmart.com and newegg.com, they are all showing a January 4th release date.

now Gamestop and SOCOM 4 are partnering for this release. So that tells me they are on top of ANY release. So why isn't this public knowledge? Would this be a fuck up of epic proportions?

Are the Screaming Eagles breaking this news WIDE OPEN? I hope so. If January is indeed the release date It could be HUGE.

Seems like if they were gonna drop it they would not only announce it.. but you would think they would try and hit Xmas?? Thats only a few days when you look at it.. seems like if they launch after xmas they would loose out on the xmas rush... not that its not unheard of or impossible for a dev to miss the bandwagon.. but we can all hope right?

• Directors

There's some speculation that ZIpper Interactive decided (or Sony decided for them....considering that they told us @ E3 that they WOULD NOT reverse engineer any game elements to accommodate The Move) that SOCOM 4's control scheme for The Move needed to be remapped.

Regardless, they can delay the game for a year, as long as they get it right.

We'll keep in touch with Zipper, and we'll be sure to keep you guys up to speed.

What!! they moved the release date!! why them!! I outta!! every damn time they goat and move the release date!! them son of a!!!

oh wait!? they moved it up!!

You telling me a Socom titles release date got moved up!!

NO WAY!! that's unheard of!!!

Well ok than.. Never mind!

:^)

This is a most peculiar situation. Dub makes a vaild point about moving the release forward to a date which doesn't make sense economically, but I don't think Gamestop would go ahead and move the date in their stores without knowledge from Zipper. So the million dollar question is... Is Gamestop ahead of the curve here or are they utterly insane?

I never put too much stock into Gamestop release dates, regardless of their affiliation with the project. I would find it EXTREMELY odd that the game would come out in early January with no official release date through November 1st. Remember, MAG's release date for January of the following year was announced in August. I'd still put my money on Spring.

• Directors

The thing about GameStop is that they get a 2 or 3 (or 10) page release schedule for each quarter. All the release dates are listed as "projected" release dates. Almost none of them are in concrete. So, just because Cecil, your local GameStop guy is telling you Jan 2011 for SOCOM 4 (or whatever game you're inquiring about)....don't push all your chips in for a Jan. release just yet.

I'm not saying Cecil is a lying @$$hole...I'm just saying he may not have good intel.

Let's face it gang...The Move is a way bigger success than anybody (including me) thought it would be. Since SOCOM is going to have to be a huge release for Sony. It has to be compatible with The Move.

With that being said, don't hold your breath for SOCOM 4 in January. My guess is late Spring at the earliest.

But, like I said...we are keeping in touch with Zipper. And we don't plan on leaving them alone until the restraining order has been issued. Travis Steiner gets a little skittish from time to time.

Edited by V1P3R_1

Zipper has a New DLC coming out with MAG today. Could some of the release of Socom have something to do with that? Or at least give us a clue?

If they released Socom like next week it would kill the sales of the DLC for MAG for instance.

One thing you can be sure of is they won't release the game without some hype. There will be another trailer or trailers and a MP reveal etc.

It will still blow Confrontation out of the water. For as many faults as Socom 3/CA had, it was still a really fun and great SOCOM, which was playable out of the box. Confrontation on the other hand was not nearly as fun as any previous Socom and the changes/faults in the game alienated it from any other Socom title. Think about it though...How long was it before we had a stable patch to actually sustain play online? I believe it was November or December of that year before the game was a working game (it released in October).

Confrontation eventually became a solid, but nothing spectacular game. Let's be honest, if it wasn't branded with "Socom" in front of "Confrontation," how many of us would have stuck with it as long as we did (or in some cases still stick with it).

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

I'm dying waiting for S4!!! I haven't touched Confrontation since Spring of 2009 so I don't know how those patches turned out. How many here are excited for SP again? I loved it in Socom 2 and then in Socom 3. Having to unlock the certain suits was great in S2. I know I wasn't the only one hiding in the shadows on Crossroads with that jet black suit on lol. The coolest thing to me in S3 was the co-op mini missions. I almost beat all of them. Those were the original MW2 special ops missions. I hope they bring those back with a solid campaign. SP unlockables aren't too much to ask for are they?