Friend of mine wants to buy her brother a gaming headset. He plays PC games only.

She was looking for something in the roughly $75.00 - $100.00 price range.

Do you guys have any PERSONAL accounts of good headsets that you can let me know about that I can pass along to her?

Thank you.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i just purchased the creative fatal1ty pro series headset for my pc. i love em, but it took a while to get used to the size compared to a socom headset. here is a link to the creative fatal1ty headphones. they are $50.00. the pro series is about $100-120, and im not sure of the difference, but the standard set is a great set for the price.

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=16337&category=697&subcategory=702

I usually go on Newegg and read the customer reviews... In about 30 seconds, I found these...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158051

Take a look around there.

Lol.. I guess I agree with Puddy! Good choice man... I didn't even mean to pick the same as you.. I was just looking for any 5 star items on Newegg.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i think its better sound, but i am not totally pc savvy. but here is an example of a recent experience...

i was playing cod4(pc) online two nights ago. we were on crossfire, and I was in the alley directly across from bravo, between the buildings. i had a buzz in my headphones, so i unplugged em and plugged them back in. no buzz. i moved around a bit, buzz came back. unplug, replug, buzz still there. moved out of alley, buzz is gone. im messing around with headphones, i die. next respawn, i run into same alley and notice breaker boxes on wall by dumpster. as i get closer., the buzz gets louder, back up it goes away. the electrical boxes buzz man, no shit!!! i tried my usb headphones, no buzz, quieter footsteps, no sound detail. but with my good headphones plugged into my sound card, i could hear in game details that most people would never know were there. and the surround sound WORKS. as i spin in game, guns firing transfers from one ear to the other, i can tell which side of me you are walking on, and i can hear helo's approach from one side or the other and pass over and fly away.

so theres my first hand testimonial. worth $120? for the detail, i think so. those are the pro series though. never tried the regular fatal1ty headset, but its $50, and may be just as good.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

I usually go on Newegg and read the customer reviews... In about 30 seconds, I found these...

Lol.. I guess I agree with Puddy! Good choice man... I didn't even mean to pick the same as you.. I was just looking for any 5 star items on Newegg.

good find zero...my only gripe is the gold plugs. gold looks cool, but is a crappy conductor. i used to install car stereos for a living and i learned quick to shy away from the gold plating whenever possible.

good find zero...my only gripe is the gold plugs. gold looks cool, but is a crappy conductor. i used to install car stereos for a living and i learned quick to shy away from the gold plating whenever possible.

Really? I always see those gold-plated Monster cables for like a bagillion dollars. I never buy them... Especially when you see gold-plated HDMI cables... lmao. It's a digital signal.. Rip-off.

Guest Stealthknight

for the wiring i completely agree, Im talking about the Connector/Jack Thats why they use the gold plating. To prevent tarnish while maintaining a high cunductivity rating.