The Walking Dead

• 4 weeks later...

damn! only six episodes? there is a season 2 coming, but apparently the wait will be long:

Exclu: Most Walking Dead fans know there's only six episodes in this first season. I know, the season is half finished even though it feels like it's just getting started.

But here's what you didn't know, or perhaps only feared: Sources say AMC isn't likely to launch the 13-episode second season until next October.

The reason? Fearfest. AMC's annual horror movie marathon served as a perfect promotional platform to ramp up interest for The Walking Dead, which also took advantage of the higher audience levels during the fall (something not all cable shows can pull off given the barrage of broadcast shows airing at the same time -- which is why most cable dramas run during the summer).

Plus, AMC has already pushed Breaking Bad from March to the summer, and has Mad Men airing in the summer as usual, and at some point has to squeeze in the premiere of its new original series, The Killing. Combined with Walking Dead, that's four shows to air next year, the most the network has ever had, and cable networks tend to spread out their premieres so they can properly promote each one.

Now, the October plan is not final, and there probably won't be a firm premiere date for awhile -- heck, the second season hasn't even started production yet. But the current strategy is for another October roll out.

Some silver lining: Frank Darabont is expected to write and direct another episode next year.

• 3 weeks later...

A: Just curious, which character did you guys find the most annoying? Shane. Big cry baby. Waaa, my piece of asses husband is back, waaaa, I can't get laid, waaaa, I'm in love, waaaaaa.

B: Why'd they have to go and kill off the hottest chick on the show? Amy?! I think her older sister is hotter.

C: Which is your favorite character? Rick, he's the coolest mo-fo!

TOW-19;818641']Been a major fan of the comic since it first came out.

I think' date=' arguably, it's been my top favorite monthly read for some time now. Great characterization!

And they've carried that quite well into this series.

Highly recommend it.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more.

A: Just curious, which character did you guys find the most annoying?
Shane. Didn't like him in the comic and still don't. They did a good job of porting this character over from the series.

B: Why'd they have to go and kill off the hottest chick on the show?
Because they are keeping it close to the comic!!

C: Which is your favorite character?
Rick is cool and all, but I like Norman Reedus' character. He is a good addition for the tv series. I also like Glen alot.

Prolog39;822437']Enjoyed the... short' date=' first season of the show. Not as good as Boardwalk Empire though.[/quote']

I think with the budget and cast we expected Boardwalk to be great. Walking Dead came with a super low budget, mostly unknown actors and on a small network and ended up being one of the hottest shows on tv.

Crusty_Demons;822443']I think with the budget and cast we expected Boardwalk to be great. Walking Dead came with a super low budget' date=' mostly unknown actors and on a small network and ended up being one of the hottest shows on tv.[/quote']

Yeah, I don't know about all that jazz and don't care tbh. I liked Walking Dead, but Boardwalk Empire was better, not weighing in anything other than what I enjoyed better since that's all that matters in the end.

i dunno, both have kind of a slow pace. I like the side characters of boardwalk more than i like the main ones. altho, the asian dude from walking dead is my fav. that and the blond chick that i forgot lived, not died (my bad!) i'm all about her, i would put my finger in her anal vag

Walking Dead is easily one of my new favorites along with my regulars like Boardwalk, East Bound and Down, Justified, and the Event. I still have a crush on Lori, ever since Prison Break (Sarah Wayne Callies). I have to agree with Money here that my favorite character is Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus). That is one of the cooler characters to watch develop and I'm VERY interested to see where they go with his character next season. I also guarantee next season we will see the return of one-handed Merle Dixon, another character who will be very interesting to see what develops.

At the begininning Shane seemed cool, but after Rick resurfaced he has become one of the more hated characters. I think it's funny what happened to the wife beating husband LOL. Shane demolished him, then he got eaten, then his wife bludgeoned his dead body hahaha. Anyhow...It sucks that we have to wait another 10 months until Season 2, but there's a plethora of shows starting back up or ongoing to keep me occupied.

• 6 months later...