black ops patches out today

I wonder if you can actually hear enemy footsteps now?? here is a list of the ps3 updates:

• 11/17 (full title update)
  • · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
  • · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
  • · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
  • · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
  • · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
  • · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
  • · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
  • · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
  • · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
  • · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
  • · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
  • · Additional online security enhancements
  • · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

This patch didn't fix anything, it made it a hell of a lot worse. I couldn't get into a working room unless i was alone or with just 1 friend. We tried with 6 in a regular TDM and in a ground war neither worked. The game never started or some of my party was kicked. When I finally got into a room one was full of Lag. One player was on orange the entire game. Need a patch to fix this patch. :yell:

I've been having a ton of trouble with the party system before and after the patch. We always seem to disconnect in a normal match. In wager matches with the group we don't have many problems. I don't know why. The spawns blow too. I spawn in front of enemies constantly on different maps. The spawn switches are too frequent as well.

It worked great for me as well. Had no problems getting into ground wars with 7-9 guys all night. The lag was a lot better and there was only maybe two games that were laggy after hours of gameplay. The only problem i had was that i froze in game 3 times last night. The spawn system does suck but remember it works both ways.

Here is my theory with the spawns......

If you notice the game designates spawns for each team e.g behind A or C in domination. People run and gun, they get behind C and A, they kill everyone, they think spawns will switch, no people begin spawning behind you, its expected, just get out of their spawn.

Also the maps are much smaller than MW2 and even COD4, so smaller maps = out to closer spawns, not to mention people like to spawn close to the action, this was a complain from COD4 spawning, that the game constantly put you on the other side of the map.

I think the patch made things better but there are still some issues. I still see some frame rate drop, hit detection issues, party issues and host choosing issues. It's a step in the right direction but it still needs some work.

Edited by Crusty_Demons

the game was working ok for me . the spawning still sucks not that much lag. it was better than it was and also i definitely could hear footsteps in my headset A LOT clearer.. helped me get some more ppl.. i just have to get used to it as much as i am with the socom sounds