UFGL SOCOM Ladder rule clarification

HI, I noticed that new rules specifically regarding socom were posted in the UFGL, but one rule had me confused.

"5. Each Map will consist of 9 rounds "

I think it would be safe to assume that this was simply a typo, and 8 rounds was actually meant to be written here. But I felt that it wouldn't hurt to ask for a clarification just in case. Thank you!

Sorry I need another clarification. Tonight we just had a war with [101] 101st Screaming Eagles. Which by the way was a great match.

Tonight, we played our Scheduled UFGL ladder match on the SOCOM Team Ladder but we came to some confusion. We won the first map, Urban Wasteland Large Control 4-2. After that we played Uprising Large Breach, which 101 won 5-0. At this point 101 thought that they had won the war because they had won more rounds at the end of 2 maps believing that these wars were decided in a similar fashion to the wars played in a tournament such as Urgent Fury Black. But we pointed out that in the rules on the UFGL ladder, which can be read at this URL: http://gaming.urgentfury.com/rules.php?rules[ladderid]=17 It says as the #1 rule, "1. Best of 3 maps played."

After bringing this to 101's attention they showed their confusion on the matter, but agreed to play the tiebreaker map which was Vigilance Demolition.

cKs ended up winning Vigilance 3-2.

Understandably after the match 101 felt that they wanted some clarification on the rules and said they will dispute the result of the war. Which honestly I can completely understand because the rules can be interpreted differently here.

Like I said before, it was a great match. cKs has had many wars with 101 and all of them have been phenomenal. The very last thing we would want is to cause any sort of trouble between our two clans. But the matter stands that cKs feels that they have won the war since we won 2 of the 3 maps played, while 101 feels that they deserved the win after the 2nd map.

All I would like is some clarification on the matter please. Thank you.

Guest Attitude

If each map is considered to be 1 round, I think we have all been guilty of entering the wrong numbers. If you look at the war results for the latest team matches 12-7, 9-6, 9-4, 10-5 etc, etc, they should all be along the lines of 2-1 or 2-0 if each map is considered the round.

• Directors

That is correct, I am currently working on an FAQ for UFGL... we still have not really started moving forward publically with UFGL because we are still finding issues here and there. I hope to have this done during Christmas break

The fact that this rule wasn't clear in the first place is absolutely disappointing. Everyone has been posting results as a round based win/loss total and not a map win/loss total. It says the best of 3 maps but the clarification on whether it is the best rounds out of those maps or best 2 out of 3 maps.

Another thing is the placing of the rules. You need a more clear place to set those rules for easy access for anyone. Where they are at is damn near impossible to pick out unless you are looking for it.

I will confirm the results, but it is not allowing me to because of the Ticket I submitted. There needs to be some help there or a new report needs to be submitted.