psn udate 3.35

Crusty_Demons;820454']This will be an ongoing battle for pretty much ever now that the software has been cracked. From what i have heard vudu is a much more expensive version of netflix.

How much is it and what does it offer? I just got an email from Netflixx telling that once again my monthly fee is going up. Now it's $23 and some change per month because they've added so many new TV shows to its instant views categories. I saw Blockbuster is now advertising that they no longer have the 28 day waiting period on new releases.

Yeah, but there in lies the problem....BB isn't on the PSN.

There are two services I recently DLed from the PS Store:

Hulu (joke...its pay to watch TV shows...kiss my butt)

Vudu ( great HD movies, around 6 bucks to watch....a free one as your first time)

Netflix is still the best choice, but their constantly raising prices is annoying me. Also, I've found that the little white sticker thats on their BR discs keep my PS3 from recognizing it. I have to peel this off to get them to play....hate that shit.

BIGDANIEL;820476']How much is it and what does it offer? I just got an email from Netflixx telling that once again my monthly fee is going up. Now it's $23 and some change per month because they've added so many new TV shows to its instant views categories. I saw Blockbuster is now advertising that they no longer have the 28 day waiting period on new releases.

I have the $10 a month plan on Netflix but I hear what your saying because it was 9. I refuse to pay 5 or 6 dollars per movie from services like Directv and Vudu when I could just go out and buy it for 20 and watch it as many times as I want. I gotta admit though the recent 28 day embargos really get to me because there are just some movies that I pass on in the theater but really want to see on blu ray or dvd when they come out. One problem I did notice with Block Buster is they don't have unlimited streaming you get a certain amount of rentals per month then the fees go up. Block Buster has always been about the scam which is why I stopped going to them a very long time ago. I guess it's just like it always was if they can't keep themselves from screwing us then it's off to the pirate bay. :usa2:

Edited by Crusty_Demons

What about this option.... I've been thinking about this....

The reason there all so expensive is because we have Cable TV already at least I do.... What if I Axe the Cable then what will I lose if I then get Hulu and the VUVU thing?

I'm really wondering how my picture is going to be also. I have a Mit's 60" and I'd been using the Digital Converter and rabbit ears. Will I get reception like Cable TV?

We get Digital broadcasts now. I saw on the News that they've gotten really good now. But just wondering if anyones tried it. I so want to cut cable TV.

Cable TV advertise you get HD channels for free. OK but I have to have there Digital setup plus the HD boxes which they RENT me or make me pay $7.00 each for a month. Plus they add all sorts of taxes and fees. Ends up costing me over $200 a month.

Edited by Outlaw__Rebel

It all depends on what kind of packages you get and I would recommend shopping Directv. Yes you can spend 200 and well over but you don't have to it depends on what channels your looking for. Yes netflix and such can sub for cable as long as you can be a little patient. Your not going to get access to shows and movies until they come out on dvd.

You do realize that Sony has banned all 3rd party devices on the PS3 to prevent hacks... just one example.

I found this video today, I generally agree with what he is saying. Would I ever get an XBox? No. If I was forced to? Sure. But I'd rather be on PC to be honest.

Sorry for derailing the topic.

Edited by Pillorian

xbox has a much better menu system than ps3 and all the "promised" things that xbox says it can do it does. im still waiting over 1-3 years for the supposed ability to listen to music while i play my games like xbox, cross game chat, and dozens of other things we were told we would get in patches and as a apart of psn plus. also, xbox bans people all the time and they have a much better online security since u have to pay, which in honesty i dont mind paying 60 bucks a year to have the features xbox has over psn.

everyone seems to associate their ps3 breaking with whatever is new or whatever game they just bought. i've read so many threads about "game X broke my ps3" or "firmware ver X broke my ps3". it's most likely a coincidence unless you can find a widespread issue that would affect thousands with the same ps3 version.

I agree with some things he says but I think half of it is flat out wrong.

ps3 has twice as much memory as xbox360 but it needs the extra memory because "the cell processor needs it" and "ps3 is harder to program for". ps3 may very well be harder to program for, but that does not mean you need more memory to run your programs in general. It may take a little more memory if you are not optimizing things for the ps3.

pc games look better because "they have a better monitor". what? your ps3 or xbox will look the same on a monitor or tv. if your monitor is "better" than your tv, your (pc/ps3/xbox) will look better on the monitor. PC's have the ability to look better than any console because they can run at much higher resolutions than 1080p, and because the technology (video card, etc) is newer and faster.