Zipper Profile: Mike Gutmann

• Directors

Our Developer Profile series introduces you to the many faces of Zipper Interactive. From designers to artists to programmers to audio engineers to producers, you’ll meet the creative minds that make Zipper what it is (and maybe learn a few surprises along the way). This week's profile introduces you to Zipper Interactive's Vice President, Mike Gutmann. Mike has been with the company basically since the start, and he'll be on this week's Zipline podcast to answer your questions!

5030328503_092b82b09a.jpg Job Title: Vice President

Years at Zipper: 14

Years in the Industry: 14

Favorite Zipper Game: SOCOM 2

Favorite Non-Zipper Game: Uncharted 2

Motto: "Be prepared."

What is it that you do specifically, and can you walk us through your typical day?

For the longest time I’ve felt like my days are anything but typical -- I really just try to fill in the gaps and make sure everyone here has what they need to make great games. I try to get in relatively early and I like to grab the latest build to take a look at the current state of the game. Then I spend a better part of my day bouncing between teams, talking through features, and generally trying to keep everyone well informed about where we are and where we need to be.

How did you get into the industry?

Before joining Zipper I had worked with Brian Soderberg so I had an idea about what he was up to. It wasn’t long after that that I decided to give game development a try. 15 years later, here we are...

What are some other games or projects that you’ve worked on in the past?

I’ve had a hand in about every title Zipper has made, including Recoil and Mech Warrior 3 for the PC and all of the SOCOMs.

What’s your proudest moment?

Oh man... That’s a tricky one. The moments that really stand out in my mind all boil down to my participation as part of the team. Whether it be debugging issues, brainstorming ideas, or just flat out solving problems -- I’m proud of the team we’ve got here and what we’ve been able to accomplish over the past 14 years.

Is there anything you’d like to say to the fans?

Thank you for all the support over the years! One of the things that makes game development so exciting is having the opportunity to put a title out, have lots (hopefully lots!) of people check it out, and then to hear what they think. That is one of the most rewarding aspects of game development and wouldn’t happen without you fans!

Don't forget to click this link and leave your questions to Mike for this week's Zipline podcast!

More...

Military including Active, Reserve, Veteran and Dependents get 50% off of our Spec Ops Premium Experience

Important Information

By visiting this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search