Favorite Sports moment of the year?

thats the one rogue. thas for postin that. that play just astounded me.

but i been thinkin bout this thread. i got lotsa favorite moments, but how about pure amazement. i know the aint a lotta nascar fans here, bu how bout jimmy johnson winnin 5 nextel cups in a row. is there anojne in any sport who has dominated and had the success this guy has, and done it this consistently? even if your nota fan of motorsports, you gotta give this guy some props. he is defnitely at the top of his game.

• 1 month later...
thats the one rogue. thas for postin that. that play just astounded me.

but i been thinkin bout this thread. i got lotsa favorite moments, but how about pure amazement. i know the aint a lotta nascar fans here, bu how bout jimmy johnson winnin 5 nextel cups in a row. is there anojne in any sport who has dominated and had the success this guy has, and done it this consistently? even if your nota fan of motorsports, you gotta give this guy some props. he is defnitely at the top of his game.

Winning 5 in a row in ANY professional sport is extremely difficult. The level of competition, parody if you will in NASCAR made winning 5 in a row simply the greatest feat in sports PERIOD!!

As for favorite moment, keeping it NASCAR, I'd go with the Daytona 500 a couple weeks ago and a 20yr old kid Trevor Bayne in only his second start winning in a car owned by one of the oldest and most storied teams in NASCAR. And did it in dramatic fashion at the end, holding off the charge of Carl Edwards.

I am that dying breed know as an A's fan, so my favorite moment had to be Dallas Braden's perfect game. But all the perfect games last year were pretty cool (I'm counting Gallaraga's because that call was bullshit.) And I will agree with the Roy Halladay story of last year too. He definitely had no competition for the Cy Young.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite sports moment of last year.......seeing tOSU beat scUM again.......nothing gets better in my eyes.......and dont even start throwing the Tressel stuff on here, he effed up and will pay, fact of the matter is, we beat Michigan........not like he shaved points or killed a man or paid his players. The media is freakin about dumb stuff, in all honesty......guess college students arent allowed selling their own property for tattoos, who knew? I sure didnt :)