• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smokeosama ]
Zero_Ice ]

I thought it was good and exciting. The ending felt rushed though... That's my only complaint.

It did kinda feel rushed, but then again if they drew out the ending we'd be saying "the ending took too long to develop."

***SPOILER***

It just needed more balance... Maybe more running away / fighting with the infected before he commits suicide and they get to Vermont...

Also... I didn't understand who created the trap with Fred. Was that Anna who did that? Could it of been the infected?

***SPOILER***

The trap with Fred was set by the "leader" of the infected. They set the trap in retaliation to his trapping and kidnapping of the female infected in the building he and his dog chased the deer into. The leader was the infected male who you saw in every seen that the infected were in (the one who exposed himself to light). The way I interpreted this is they have always watched him daily (hence they took the dummy Fred someone he interacted with daily) and they went their separate ways until Will Smith breached their lines.

smokeosama ]

***SPOILER***

The trap with Fred was set by the "leader" of the infected. They set the trap in retaliation to his trapping and kidnapping of the female infected in the building he and his dog chased the deer into. The leader was the infected male who you saw in every seen that the infected were in (the one who exposed himself to light). The way I interpreted this is they have always watched him daily (hence they took the dummy Fred someone he interacted with daily) and they went their separate ways until Will Smith breached their lines.

Oh I see.. I'm just so use to zombie movies that have dumb, brain dead zombies. But then again, how could a zombie see a trap and engineer the same exact trap, but not figure out to put some sunglasses on and put a sweatshirt... The leader had barely anytime to see the original trap... It seems kinda odd.

Is it possible that Neville was trapped by his own trap? If he was in some kind of weird lonely state when he set it up...

This is probably open to personal interpretation.

More ********APOILER ALERT**********

What I didn't understand is why the leader was so much more evolved then the rest of them. After neville caught the female he said and I quote "No sign of brain function". Even though he saw the dude stick his head out and LOOK straight at him as though he was pissed off.

I also thought the ending was a bit rushed. I also thought that the dog dieing just didn't feel right. I mean it sucked but that isn't what I am talking about. Does this make any sense?

Unless you want to was 9 dollars do not read on:

RedOctober I believe the "leader" stuck his head out because the female might have been his "significant other" therefore they wanted to show that these things may have lacked a lot of human emotional traits but still contained some sort of primative....love, if you will or affection?.....maybe the dude was just pissed that he wouldnt be able to bang that chick anymore but never the less this is something Neville lacked or blocked out from losing his family, after all he had lost his complete faith in God and was convinced he was completely alone. Has anyone read the book? I believe it came in '77? I'm probably mistaken but The Omega Man came out in 79 and that was about a nuclear was it not? I have to go rent it along with Bikini Airlines 7.

-Affliction- ]

ye good but i wish they had gone into more detail about the infected

Yeah, I agree with this too...

I was reading some other forums and somebody mentioned that in the original book, the leader was actually his co-worker before the virus let out and would when he became infected, he would come to his house and scream all night....

Could anyone confirm this? I really wanna read the book now...

http://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Legend-Richard-Matheson/dp/031286504X

I might just buy this...

Zero_Ice ]
-Affliction- ]

I was reading some other forums and somebody mentioned that in the original book, the leader was actually his co-worker before the virus let out and would when he became infected, he would come to his house and scream all night....

I might just buy this...

confirmed...the leader is his co-worker, I actually think it's like his manager or something, I read the book a couple years ago for an english essay, so I might be wrong but I believe I'm right.

Deutscher75 ]
Zero_Ice ]
-Affliction- ]

I might just buy this...

confirmed...the leader is his co-worker, I actually think it's like his manager or something, I read the book a couple years ago for an english essay, so I might be wrong but I believe I'm right.

Is it a good read? I think I might order it...

Guest Stealthknight

Well, I got this today and burnt it to DVD. It was a very different movie then I was expecting. I did like it I was just expecting an action packed thriller and this movie has a more emotional contact that comes with as well as an interesting plot. A little short but I didnt mind the ending. All in all a very good movie but before recommending it I would let someone know to expect to watch the story with pulse rather than an adventure. I was not disappointed at all.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Well, I got this today and burnt it to DVD. It was a very different movie then I was expecting. I did like it I was just expecting an action packed thriller and this movie has a more emotional contact that comes with as well as an interesting plot. A little short but I didnt mind the ending. All in all a very good movie but before recommending it I would let someone know to expect to watch the story with pulse rather than an adventure. I was not disappointed at all.

hey Solja think you can hook me up with a copy? or send me it in an e-mail? I'd love to have it.