Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

What to ask the Sea Snipers

My job for my very first clan was as the clan PR and Scrimmage finder, Clan Rep, etc. In doing so, i found the Sea Snipers. This was at the end of Socom 2 and the beginning of Socom 3. I spent most of my communication with Vapid, Midnight and TueffelHunden (who I found out was from my Alma Mater). We scrimmed them several times but never competed in their events so as not to conflict with the UF events we were involved in.

Then we had the chance to face off against them in SOTG's Last Bastion Rematch tournament and lost to them in an intense 6v6 wars to lose by 1 round in the 2nd round of the tournament.

Then as Socom 3 began to get overrun with cheating and Rainbox Six Vegas came out, I saw where the Sea Snipers not only switched to Rainbox Six, but did so on XBOX 360.

continued....When I saw that the Sea Snipers had moved to Rainbox Six Vegas on XBOX 360, I sent a message out to Rator and asked if they had left their Socom roots or was this just temporary. They just didn't like the direction of Socom Confrontation so they moved on. Then as Modern Warfare hit the scene, they picked it up and stayed with it to present.

I am glad to have the opportunity to once again cross gaming paths. They are a good group of gamers and look forward to their interview.

I really dont have much constructive info to add to this thread,BUT Id like to say for someone who is super active on my own clans website; I never care to come here and read these forums because of these "pissing contests" it really brings a negative light to the UF Forums IMO. I come here look at what I need to and leave. Maybe this is something that can be improved on. I dont care personally who is to blame here, im talking in general. It always seems like theres drama here and I guess it becasue Leaders/OldTimers/vets/new people all try to assert themseleves.

I am going to go out on a limb here and try to explain the issue X... and I hope you understand as it was your clan member that started this mess in the original thread...

I have spent the last couple of days calming one of our staff members down because of the absolute disrespect experienced via the original thread and overall how the community has been lately...

Many take for granted what the Staff, Rangers and Directors do here at Urgent Fury... It is a volunteer job and many put in more hours than they do at work... The Podcast for example, it is not a quick 45 min recording and all done. The reason you only see the Podcast every other week is because it takes that long to arrange all of the components of the Podcast.

Let's take the Sea Snipers for example, it is an honor to have them on the show, the work very closely with BradyGames, one of our best sponsors... Viper took the time to reach out to SS to see if they wanted to stop in for an episode... after some back and forth for a few days he got it all set up, arranged for a giveaway and then posted up the opportunity for our community to asked questions.

Instead he was questioned, that is ok... I understand asking for some more info, that is not a bad idea, but instead the manner of the question was with intent on baiting Viper into a confrontation...

If the original post was a simple, "I'm not sure what to ask, what are they doing these days", it would have been a whole different story.

Of course it does take two to tango and Viper already peeved at the manner he handled himself with me in another thread, shot back.

It went down from there even after several members said dude, what are you guys doing...

Instead of stopping, it continued to the point of total disrespect of the UF Podcast host. This is unacceptable.

We will never be able to thank our Staff and Rangers enough for the time and effort they put into Urgent Fury, and for the lack of respect that is shown to them reflects on how the members that do this feel about this community.

And every time I hear the "Spoken like a true minion of the old guard here, and of a time when people were afraid to speak their minds due to the mindless/blind following of the former dictatorship." statement is a direct insult...

Minion: A minion is follower devoted to serving his master relentlessly. Generally, minions cannot or will not think for themselves but will follow any command given by their master.

That is not nor ever will be the definition of any Staff member or Ranger here at Urgent Fury.

Now the other topic I want to address, is the label of "Pissing Contest"... this is not a pissing contest, this is a person that is systematically chipping away at the Community.

He abuses the use of the Ask Commander Fury form for example:

Urgent Frequency - Ask Commander Fury - [-VR-] Pathogen- Urgent Frequency - Ask Commander Fury

Please leave your feedback:

Who would win in a fight, Cmnder Fury or Santa Claus? And if Cmndr Fury won, would he take shagging rights on Rudolf?

Urgent Frequency - Ask Commander Fury - [-VR-] Pathogen- Urgent Frequency - Ask Commander Fury

Urgent Fury User Name:

Pathogen

Do your balls hang low? And wobble to and fro? Can you tie 'em in a knot?

Urgent Fury User Name:

Pathogen

What is love? baby...don't hurt me.

To the point that we have discussed taking the form down...

At this point X Factor, it is your type of community member that we want around here, an active one. We actually have plenty of members that do actively participate in the community with genuine comments and activity, but it is the sour apples that ruin it for everyone.

Now what his true intent is, we will ever know, but yes in the end the staff gave him a one week suspension to reflect on his attitude.

So I do invite the community members to come back here and get everything going again... we have tournaments running, Podcasts going and big announcements on the way. It would be a shame that a bad apple can ruin that for everyone.

Means Pathogen has a week to think about how to "phrase things better" as he and yourself have brought up.

I thought that is what that meant, I just haven't seen that before and had to ask. Like I said before ... give someone enough rope and well, we all know what is bound to happen!

Shane i totally and 110% know the amount of work you guys put in. And i thank you all for that. And i do agree with the whole minion comment being out of line. BUT as I stated this just is about this one topic, its about in general. Its supposef to be a "tight knit" community. And with so many members on the boards i know its tough for everyone to always see eye to eye or understand where one is coming from. Words/phrases/sentences/topics are often easily misunderstood as being offensive or disrespectful. I just feel sometimes people read to much into the "way" things are typed. IDK like I said I come here get the info I need and if the mood strikes me ill read a few of the posts.

As a member of this community for the past 4-5 yrs, I just feel people need to get back to the true meaning of the community. I dont pretend to know alot of you here or the politics of the forum, its just a observation i make naively with no disrespect intended to anyone here. Im not one for drama and as I expect a response, ill just contiue to observe. Thanks again for all the work youband all your staff do here.

Well well well....I take some time away, and this is what I come back to?

NICE.

First off, let me apologize for -VR- as a clan to the UF community. I believe every member is an extension of the three who run things; Prime, Backlash, and myself. That musta been the drunk Prime talking...LOL

EDIT:

After talking to Pathogen, he claims he thought he was being funny. He's upset that he was initially attacked and ended up being banned when he retaliated. I will wait until I talk to Viper before making any further comment.

Edited by [-VR-] Tool_Minion

I’ll just ignore all this other crap and focus on the question.

What I know (or knew) about the Sea Snipers..

The biggest thing that stands out is their creation of Maps.. not just basic maps but very detailed and in hi res. Their maps were great and (although I’m sure their intent was for their own clan ) they often shared them and wasn’t above letting others use them.. They also created “Tac whiteboards†which allowed folks to draw up tactics along with the use of the maps.. these were great and again the SS didn’t mind sharing.

What else I know is they have been around for a long time. I know this since they were a clan I was interested in before joining PBK and that was back in 2003. Why I was interested was because they were more concerned with attitude and camaraderie than a players skill level. They were dedicated to cheat free play, they were devoted to respect and honor and their clan mates were brothers who held the same values in terms of playing the right way in online gaming.

I also know that after a E3 showing (can’t remember what year?) but from it they worked on the official guide for Socom 3. One of the better guides done for a shooter title. Past that I heard about the switch to RBV on the box etc.. but I never got more info on that.

Ok so that’s what I remember.. so what would I ask them today?

Well first I’d ask what was the major factor in switching from Socom to RBV? And I’d follow it up by asking since RBV (despite being a very well done title) is now an older title.. what plans do they have for the future and what titles do they feel they may compete in.

I’d also ask if their core membership remains and are they still active in recruitment.

I may also touch on things such as are they still doing any map creations and for what titles, how do they feel about the announcement (a while back now) that no more Rainbow Titles will be made. What their thoughts are on titles like COD and the current Socom..

I’d end the interview by praising them on their views on respect in honor in gaming and note they were a large voice in the past on this view... Finally I’d ask what they feel the future holds for the Sea Snipers and then just sit back and listen to their response.

Hope this helps Fury, as for the rest of the stuff in this thread.. yeah whatever…

p.s. Or was this interview question by Path? who's doing the interview anyway? Either way hopes this helped path or fury or.. whoever.

Edited by GOAT

The only issue I have with any of this, is the fact that as you stated shane it takes two to tango and yet I only see one of the two being disciplined in any of this. It's seems viper has expressed his regrets for his comments made in this thread, in another to yourself and most likly other staff members but how could path have any chance to do the same with a banned placed on him. I know the staff members here are held to a high standard, as high or even higher then us members. It's disappointing to see so many of those who are in charge around here be caught up in "pissing matches" with some of the members that still visit this great community.

But enough with the other stuff my question would be Did SS have any idea when they first stated making it's maps that it would get as big as it did and make then as well known as it has.

Please direct questions for the Sea Snipers Here: http://www.urgentfury.com/showthread.php/77063-UFreq-Ep.-79-We-need-your-questions

Last Path will have his opportunity to express his regrets after his short suspension, and he also had time prior to his suspension as it was not placed until the following day.

At this point as many have said this topic is done and I am going to close the thread.