The UF Crucible Capacity

Hey everyone.....

Here's the deal.

As usual with Black, we were going to start out the UF Crucible for UF's first CoD4 tourney with a max of 16 clans for this evaluation tourney. Counting today, we can see that we have 26 total clans signed up. It's WELL above what we need....but at such a high number, it ALSO means that we're going to have quite a few disappointed clans who wouldn't otherwise get an invite.

Being as this is the first CoD4-tourney here in UF, it'd be NICE to include as many as possible into the first tourney. There are some veterans here we would like to continue to entertain, and there are some newcomers to our Community here who we'd like to get integrated into our UF family...and we can't do that if we're excluding them from the first go-ahead.

SO...here's the deal, and we will leave this up to YOU GUYS.

1: We keep the number of apps at where they're at now, and 10+ clans are going to be EXCLUDED from the upcoming invitation night for the Crucible come January 9th.....and yes, that means it could be YOUR clan that's excluded.

2: OR, we put out those feelers in the CoD4 game and community. Perhaps instead of smack-talking (or defending yourself from it, as I'm finding is the case) while in lobbies for CoD4, you could let the good-natured players know about this tourney. We get just SIX more clans here, guys, and UF will then run a double-bracket Crucible tourney.....to satisfy everyone.

So, we're leaving that in your hands, boys and girls.

Get the word out. The UF Staff has already done an AMAZING job at putting the UF word out to other forums and communities out there...but they can only do so much while in-game. YOU, on the other hand, can do immeasurable good by putting the word out there while in-game to some good clans who would make for some interesting competition in The UF Crucible.

That's all.

We'll see how it turns out.

- TOW

Well, with us Tow we know what to expect here at UF.  We just want a place to compete and it doesn't get much better then this.  I will continue to look for decent clans in public rooms in hopes of bringing the total up to the number needed. 

I was looking at a few of the clans who have already applied and some look "iffy" at best with some of their answers.  Some haven't been together long, others have a lot of "young" members, and some have a small roster size.  I understand that this first tourney is to evaluate clans but I think you might have some that aren't on the same commitment level needed to play here.

I'll send what I can over here that fit the "UF mold".

That is a tough choice Tow. On one hand I would suggest that it stays simple and at 16 but that diminishes our chances of getting in. But on the other hand IF you guys think that you can run 32 team tournament effectively then lets do it. Not saying you couldn't but it would be easier with a Black Tournament but since a new game has come out I am sure Bugs will be prevalent and questions galore will arise.

Just my thoughts.

You guys are not seeing the point. This is for evaluation of new clans into the UF atmosphere. Whether they are iffy is not the case. That is what will be decided. And it won't be the new clans PERSAY that will not be able to participate. It may be the seasoned veterans that might not get the nod. Think about it guys.

Lets make the 32 clan goal and not have to worry about it. I know I am working on it. Hope everyone just takes the extra couple seconds out of their smack talking in the lobby to say "HEY you really want some? Come by urgentfury.com and really get a taste of competition!". That is all it takes guys.

Red0ctobeR ]

You guys are not seeing the point.

You couldn't be more wrong. Maybe I didn't word it exactly right but I'm completely aware of what the "evaluation" tournaments consist of and their purpose. In fact, I was going to suggest our spot for another "borderline" clan thats out there. I'm not saying we are a "lock" by any means, but we've been around here in some shape for a long time. Many here know what type of gamers / guys we're made up of.

Trust me, I would love to see a 32 clan double elimination tournament before a 16 team 4 week tournament that would potentially leave some proven / veteran clans like ours on the outside looking in.

1: You will not want to be "on the outside looking in," even though you are a UF veteran. We'll be sticking by our guns hardcore on this one when we said NO ONE will be playing in a CoD4 tacmap UF tourney BEFORE they play successfully in a Crucible tourney. NO ONE. Not even, hypothetically, APC. The UF Crucible -IS- the gateway into a tacmap tourney.

2: As for the workload of a 32-clan evaluation Crucible tourney......we have already assigned TWO UF Staff members for Crucible duty. We will be JUST fine.

Guest Stealthknight

Then will you be running 2 crucible tournies before your first CoD4 tacmap? Becuase if not then I doubt 16 clans will suffice to meet your needs especially with 2-3 potentially not making the cut to become a UF Clan leaving you with 13-14 eligible clans. I would suggest people get the ball rolling if they want a CoD4 tacmap tourny anytime soon from the UF Site.

As TOW said, we, the UF Staff, are working very hard at getting the word out. I am positive that MOST of you have your own forums, or know of other forums out there. Please help us out and spread the word. I would absolutely LOVE to see 32 clans in the first ever C.O.D. tournament. Lets get it rolling boys. Spread the word any way you can.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

Some may notice that WDA's application is not yet present. We are still putting together a team with PS3's we have enough to war but at this point it will take more then half of our lead guns away from SOCOM.

We are waiting till after the Christmas holiday and see how many loving wives bestow a PS3 on some more members. Our application will be presented then, and should give us some time to get the newbs up to speed on war tactics.

honestly, sitcking with a 16 clan tourney will do a number of things, make UF appear more elite, and draw more attention to us from new clans, BUT at the same time it'll discourage new clans, plus you cant forget about clans such as iG, who've been around the UF block a good number of times.

if you go with a 32 clan tourney, you're just allowing clans to walk in, who could possibly be negative influences on our great community, a great man once told me " if youleave the door unlocked, you don't know who or what, could come in." MY vote is undecided, b/c either choice people are getting screwed over.

Guest Stealthknight

As a evaluation tournament you want the door to be open. It is only a few weeks long so even a disturbing clan can only cause a minimal amount of damage. You WANT to get new clans interested and you WANT the veteran clans to be in as well. The veteran clans can get a good view of the new clans and possibly help evaluate them against a clan who has already met UF standards plus you get the Vet clans to test their new recruits as Im sure all clans have picked up 1 or 2 since moving to CoD. Just get the extra clans in, test your abilities and get involved. Do not worry about harming the tournament for a small 4 week period. The reason for these is to weed out the ditruption for the long 13 week tourny in which they could be much more damaging to the community. Limiting it to 16 only forces there to be a SMALL tacmap tourny or TWO Crucible tournies before commencing with another TacMap version. Just get it all done in one shot and help out.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

As a evaluation tournament you want the door to be open.  It is only a few weeks long so even a disturbing clan can only cause a minimal amount of damage.  You WANT to get new clans interested and you WANT the veteran clans to be in as well.  The veteran clans can get a good view of the new clans and possibly help evaluate them against a clan who has already met UF standards plus you get the Vet clans to test their new recruits as Im sure all clans have picked up 1 or 2  since moving to CoD.  Just get the extra clans in, test your abilities and get involved.  Do not worry about harming the tournament for a small 4 week period.  The reason for these is to weed  out the ditruption for the long 13 week tourny in which they could be much more damaging to the community.  Limiting it to 16 only forces there to be a SMALL tacmap tourny or TWO Crucible tournies before commencing with another TacMap version.  Just get it all done in one shot and help out.

AMEN :)

Guest Stealthknight

I guess Ill stick to my fractal renders and cookie cut-outs cause i still dont see the soldier. I swear felix is hiding in there somewhere though. I think puddy got mad and kicked him out the house. Some how he landed in the sig. Merry X-Mas!