To the Staff and Director's here at UF

Allow me to introduce myself for those that don't know me:

I have been apart of UF for many years; I was apart of APC/RVN and am currently one of the creators of Violent Revolution. The other two creator's are currently staff members here on UF, so I have NOTHING but respect for all the hard work that the Staff puts in.

That being said, recently one of my members was banned for not backing down when he felt he was accosted by both a Director and a staff member on this site. The first instance is this:

http://www.urgentfury.com/showthread.php/77005-9v9/page3

He was asked to 'fix his username' and when he asked what was wrong with hit, he was given a very thorough reason. His response was simply that he didn't pay attention to the notifications that were sent out, and he complied with the request. I thought that should have been the end of it, but it wasn't. The director in question then decided to say 'you have an excuse for everything....' At this point I have to ask a question: Why was this necessary? It was brought to Tool's attention, and since it involved a VR gunner, he alerted me. I talked with the gunner, and thought everything was fine, until this later this weekend when THIS came up:

http://www.urgentfury.com/showthread.php/77084-What-to-ask-the-Sea-Snipers

At this point I'm simply pissed off. Excuse me for not folding over and just saying 'thats the way it's always been at UF'. The Staff member clearly had an issue that stemmed from something previous. Hell, I didn't understand why UF would interview the Sea Snipers either, but now that the VR gunner asked the question, I am better able to submit a question if I needed to. Being called an idiot for making a valid question is simply not the Urgent Fury I have come to expect.

To top ALL this off, after the member was called names, he was banned for his part in the fracas. I have to ask...is it OK then for Staff to call members names? I've shared a tag with the Staff member in question, and NEVER had he acted this way to me, so I can only assume it's a personal issue that I nor my gunner is aware of. If VR had multiple infractions, or were regularly involved in problems at UF I would understand the comment the Staff member made, but let me tell you what VR actually does around UF:

2 Staff members

1 UFRO

3 UF Rangers

Thats 6 members who contribute freely to Urgent Fury. So the comment of how embarrassed we should be is crap. Were proud of our continued efforts to support Urgent Fury.

All this said, I come here to accomplish one thing. I would like my member's ban revoked immediately. I don't think it's too much to ask, and hopefully no one will harbor any hard feelings.

Thanks for reading,

Prime-VR

• Directors

Everyone please do not post in this thread, the staff discussed this heavily in our weekly staff meeting and are now discussing this. Please let the staff do their jobs.

After we have had a chance to discuss the issues around the recent posts, we have come to the conclusion that we will remove the ban that was imposed on Pathogen. We admit that we were just as much a part of the incident and that the right thing to do is to revoke the ban. We also do not condone the behavior exhibited by either party.

Prime - I mean no offense, but this post did make effective points; however, we were already in discussions surrounding this issue. And your request to remove the ban also played no part in it actually be lifted. It was the circumstances alone that prompted the discussions to begin between the Directors and Staff.

I want to make it clear that this ban is ONLY being lifted because we feel that we were also in the wrong. Had this been one sided, the ban would remain without any discussion. We want to be fair in our judgements, but that doesn’t mean that you can come in and begin to openly insulting, bashing or showing disrespect to Urgent Fury Staff and Admins. One the flip side, members should expect to be treated with respect as well.

This type of activity, along with repeated attempts of causing disturbances just to “stir the pot†will not be tolerated. If you have suggestions or improvements that you feel could be added to improvement Urgent Fury, by all means, offer your advice, but do so in a polite manner. Also understand, that just because a suggestion is made, it is the Director's discretion to evaluate the suggestion and see if it fits into the goals we have planned or are planning. We will do our best to take that suggestion and put it into place.

We are working very hard to bring some really special recognition to this community that we are sure that you will be proud of. And we are working to make sure that we can involve more of the community with our current and new events. It is also imperative that the community take an active participation when asked.

Every one of the Staff works very hard volunteering their time and effort for this community. They work hard to be able to share what they personally feel to be one of the best experiences that they have had as a gamer, playing in the Urgent Fury tournaments and are trying to recreate that feeling for you.

We the Directors ask that you give the Staff members your support. They are sacrificing their personal time to work for you to have a place to game and have fun.

We would like to thank you all for the continued support and are working hard to bring you even more. All we ask is that you come, play, have a great time and show respect to any of the Urgent Fury Staff and know that for you to enjoy gaming in tournaments, there are a lot of hours and time that go into the planning and setup for each event.