I first got the Tritton AX180, but after about 3 months, the right ear piece broke off. I then went for the Turtle Beach PX21. After having used both products, I have to say that quality wise, they are both the same! Feature wise, they are also both the same! However, I have found the Turtle Beach ones to be a bit lighter and more flexible. Like someone mentioned, Tritton was bought by Mad Katz, and they were nice enough to replace my broken headset and shipped me out a new one. So, I now have two working headsets, but I prefer the Turtle Beach one over the Tritton one.

With these kinds of things though, it's all about luck. Whether you get a Tritton or a Turtle Beach, you run the chance of either of them breaking on you, or you may get lucky and it will last you a very long time.

As far as support goes. I can only speak about Tritton since those were the headsets that broke. I originally emailed them and asked if they sold parts that I could buy to fix the headset myself. When they emailed me back, they told me they can just replace my entire headset. We went on from there and 3 weeks later, I had a new headset from them. I dealt with a guy named Jason from Mad Katz who processed the whole thing for me.

I just grabbed the Turtle Beach DPX21s .. they have added a dolby digital processing box to the PX21s that runs off of the optical cable output from ps3. Great thing is ps3 allows multiple output sources on audio so when you want your headset to play CoD you got it w/ a mic, while when you want to just play a game of NBA2K11 you dont have to change settings or anything.. simple and easy but effective. I have only had my TBs for a few days.. but i did had the AX720s and i took them back due to being too bulky and at the time didnt think i really wanted to spend that kind of money on a headset.

I have the AX720's and they are nice. but I just saw that TB is making some wireless for the PS3.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx

now i can def see myself with that one. but the mic looks cheesy

VR members have a heated battle about this on our site...LOL.

Most of us swear by the Trittons, a few hold the Turtle beaches in high esteem. The argument for the Trittons is better awareness of the actual surroundings..the ability to pin-point your opponent. Also with it's external amp, you can plug a second headset in for movie-viewing or split screen gaming.

The argument for the TB's is obviously the price, and lighter.

Comfort seems to be a toss up.

I prefer my Trittons.

I originally tried wireless, but having to charge it and the occasional sound loss due to lost signal was unacceptable. The tech could have advanced since I last tried them.

Guest Attitude

I just went from a small bluetooth to a Turtle Beach and OMG did it ever improve my game. I can hear things that I was never able to hear before. I hear ladders being climbed across the map, people walking on wooden floors, I even hear when the enemy is comming up behind me now (saved my ass at least 20 times since x-mas!). In essence, it really doesn't matter if your deciding between the Tritton or the Turtle Beach, your can't go wrong with either. But if your deciding between something other then either of the aboved mentioned, thats where you'll have the difference. Good Luck.

My Logitech is wireless and a huge improvement from my ps bluetooth. Its supposed to hold a charge for 10 hrs of gameplay, but I've only done about 8 hrs and I usually charge it after so im sure i could go the full 10 before it beeps to let me know it needs charging.

Its unreal how much of a change it is. As has been said before, its saved my ass numerous times. I even overheard my buddy ordering some dinner when he put his mike down to go call it in. lol.

It has a mute button, but you can also just lift the mic when your phone rings, or your kids crying. The mic is one of the reasons why I bought it. The TB mics looked like they could easily break off.

Good luck anyways on whichever one you get.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i can tell you this. Headsets do improve your game.. me coming from pc always using headsets to starting socom about 2 years ago without one i couldnt hear anyone and barely killed people. when the turtle beach p21 came out 2 months after i started i bought it immediatly and saw a AMAZING change even people i played with couldnt believe how much ive improved. after a few months with it the left ear started to go and i just had enough of it and got the tritton. the tritton is amazing... if someone on my left is coming towards me only hearing sound out of my left ear... Its Great.. and i dont know how tritton headsets are made now because of madcatz.. but i love the headset.. only thing i would like is if it was a little smaller. other than that.. no complaints

if your upgrading from ay standard bluetooth/ headset without surround sound you can go wrong with either TB or tritton. I personally LOVE my Tritton AX720's I had the 180's and their cheap, the earpiece snapped but I had bought the warrenty with them at best buy and brought them back and upgraded to the 720's...alot more durable.

I love my Tritton AXPROs The frist batch had a hardware problems. They seem to have fixed it. They sent a new headset (let me keep my malfunctioned one) and reset my warranty. This was before they were bought by madcats so i cannot speak for the company now but in the past they stood by their product and that counts for huge points with me.

I started with the AX 720's. Unfortunately for me I have an infamous and at times mischievious Black Lab named Rambo that happened to be teething when I got my first 720. Ask anybody that's ever gamed with me my dogs name, I am sure they can tell you LOL (we may have to make him an honorary VR member at some point). Needless to say, during the teething and puppy stages he went through 3 AX 720's. Each time I went back to Best Buy with my warranty and swapped it out for a new one, no questions asked. The 4th 720 I got was non functional out of the box. I took it back that day and they upgraded me for free to a AX PRO (I just had to pay the difference in warranty plan, since the PRO is $40 more). I love my TRITTON AX PRO. Luckily for me, Rambo is no longer a puppy and no longer feels the need to make a $130 headset his personal chew toy when I'm not looking LOL. He turns two today actually.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

I started with the AX 720's. Unfortunately for me I have an infamous and at times mischievious Black Lab named Rambo that happened to be teething when I got my first 720. Ask anybody that's ever gamed with me my dogs name, I am sure they can tell you LOL (we may have to make him an honorary VR member at some point). Needless to say, during the teething and puppy stages he went through 3 AX 720's. Each time I went back to Best Buy with my warranty and swapped it out for a new one, no questions asked. The 4th 720 I got was non functional out of the box. I took it back that day and they upgraded me for free to a AX PRO (I just had to pay the difference in warranty plan, since the PRO is $40 more). I love my TRITTON AX PRO. Luckily for me, Rambo is no longer a puppy and no longer feels the need to make a $130 headset his personal chew toy when I'm not looking LOL. He turns two today actually.

I miss Lash yelling at Rambo in the middle of playing COD!