Socom 4 info released

• Directors
Doesn't matter no lobbies in S4 only matching So competitive Socom is likely dead

I can't really comment on this specifically...but I will say that your Intel isn't completely correct (with all due respect).

That's all I can say at this point. Stand by.

Just citing all the guys who played at the Zipper Community day today over on the Socom boards. I truly hope I am wrong But I aint picking up my preorder until I here something good about the game almost all the feedback given today was a disappointment as far as I was concerned

By the way I didn't notice I was in the announcement boards This could probably be moved to general discussion

• Directors

Right on Packer, no probs sir.

If you want to find out more about the game, the S4 forums are certainly a great place to start. And the community managers are all about being "hands on". So if you have questions, be sure to ask.

Like I said, I can't really go into it.

But, if you'll refer to my orginal review of the "Alpha Build" demo I played at E3, you'll notice that Zipper had stated that the MP is “an all new experience”, and it is.

But, if you take the basic idea of the demo I described in that review, and apply it to the entire experience, I think you'll have a slight idea of what you might be missing if you skip S4.

At any rate....stand by.

~V~

Edited by V1P3R_1

• Directors

Here's a really clear picture from a SOCOM community member who actually attended the S4 community event...very thorough....

http://kinggilley.blogspot.com/

• Directors
Not to be a Debby Downer but it's confirmed that will not be any lobbies. Strictly matchmaking. And no custom ranked rooms. We'll see how it goes.

Pretty sure it's gonna be a sweet game, though.

There won't be any Lobbies/Briefing Rooms per se'. And private rooms won't be ranked (I'm guessing "for now").

It (MP) will be "an all new experience"....yet, very familiar at the same time. Just be patient.

Them's some smart MOFOs @ Zipper. I'm so excited. You should be too. Yay!

Clan System

-Did not get to use it, but its there. Also there is a clan match making system where you get your clan in a party and then you say you are ready to war. Once you are ready to war you can search through a list of other clans that are ready to war. It will say what game type they want to play and how many people they have to war with. You then challange them to a war. They can accept or decline.

almost as good as a lobby...

From Here.

COMPETITIVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

• Team-focused game modes for up to 32 players and ranked matches for more ways to earn experience points.
  • Online career progression rewards players for heroic deeds with unlockable weapons, bonus characters, and new medals.
  • Varied multiplayer maps offer vastly different terrains, from city slums to rural farmland and coastal vistas.
  • Every multiplayer map supports all game modes and player counts, while pre-order map “Abandoned†exclusively offers classic Suppression.
  • Extensive community support allows for quick matchmaking, friend finding and clan management
  • Dynamic servers allow for user suggestions to be implemented in Zipper-created ranked rooms.
  • Custom matches offer a robust choice of player options ranging from cover to weapon class restrictions and the ability to revive a team member.
  • Classic mode consists of a collection of game rules for the hardcore fan, including no respawning, no health regeneration and no cover system.
  • Tactical strikes from the single-player campaign will be available in most multiplayer game modes once the player performs certain tasks.

While there are some cool things like the instant clan war feature, 5 player co-op there are many scratch your head things.

Duel Primarys and no handguns? As if Confrontation with Coldfront didnt have a ridiculous amount of snipers now everyone is going to have one. That tactical element is gone. There is no downside to sniping, no balance. Everything used to have pros and cons. Unless its incredibly difficult to snipe where only the real snipers can do it, this could be a problem.

No lobbies is just dumb. You can no longer make tryout rooms and rooms like RVN midnight mass you can only play with an invite or your on their friends list.

No demolition? "Suppression is more classic socom than demo?"

Thankfully side switching is gone, but of course now maps are nearly symmetrical like Confrontation since all gamemodes must be played on each map. The days of taking on the great enowapi/sujo/sandstorm breach as seals are over. Of course some maps should be even but my god remember Confrontation, just about every map is just copied halfway flipped and pasted. Great map design like fishhook and sandstorm are gone because all these even gamemodes have to be played in every map.

I understand its a new experience but why call something classic mode that lacks so many key Socom features. I mean you have to push up on the dpad to talk! How can you move your character forward with the left joystick and push up on the dpad? Your going to have to stand still to talk.

I am anxious to play but I dont see how Socomers can see all of this and not be a little worried.

UF tourneys will be only classic mode right?

I'd be more upset if there were no classic mode at all. I wish there were lobbies. Demo is a must. I agree with the dual primary and dpad stuff, but these could be non issues if the controls and game types are customizable. Come to think of it maybe you can't remove dual primary as an option is no handguns exists...

There is the secret mode, which as far as we can tell should be a Demo type of game. At least it better be.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1146789p1.html

There are Four Multiplayer Modes.

Suppression – Team based deathmatch.

Uplink – A capture the flag style match.

Last Defense – Defend your base by gaining control of three key locations.

??? – An unnamed multiplayer map, that we have reason to believe is something about bomb defusing.

Edited by IRISH BULL