Socom 4 info released

While there are some cool things like the instant clan war feature, 5 player co-op there are many scratch your head things.

Duel Primarys and no handguns? As if Confrontation with Coldfront didnt have a ridiculous amount of snipers now everyone is going to have one. That tactical element is gone. There is no downside to sniping, no balance. Everything used to have pros and cons. Unless its incredibly difficult to snipe where only the real snipers can do it, this could be a problem.

No lobbies is just dumb. You can no longer make tryout rooms and rooms like RVN midnight mass you can only play with an invite or your on their friends list.

No demolition? "Suppression is more classic socom than demo?"

Thankfully side switching is gone, but of course now maps are nearly symmetrical like Confrontation since all gamemodes must be played on each map. The days of taking on the great enowapi/sujo/sandstorm breach as seals are over. Of course some maps should be even but my god remember Confrontation, just about every map is just copied halfway flipped and pasted. Great map design like fishhook and sandstorm are gone because all these even gamemodes have to be played in every map.

I understand its a new experience but why call something classic mode that lacks so many key Socom features. I mean you have to push up on the dpad to talk! How can you move your character forward with the left joystick and push up on the dpad? Your going to have to stand still to talk.

I am anxious to play but I dont see how Socomers can see all of this and not be a little worried.

UF tourneys will be only classic mode right?

I am with you on this Ruthless. Classic mode isn't even Classic. PLus I just heard about the E-Tag deal. 1v1 2minutes left, both guys alive get marked to cut down on camping.

I have a name for the first UF tourney in SOCOM 4.............UF: SO-COD Massive Action Game Tournament You guys like it?