When is the best time to get a new snow blower?

As soon as the temps hit about 60*F...

That's when they start putting them on sale? Do you know first hand, or are you making an educated guess.

Snow is a BITCH!

That is so frackin true. I have a two car drivway. But I gave up about half way down and now it's a one car driveway.

about april in most places. stores will begin to clear out most all their winter only inventory. dont want higher priced items like snowblowers sittin all summer, so they price em down and try to push em out the door. watch weekly ad fliers for other winter only items and when you start to see other things of the same nature, start lookin around for your snowblower. most places wont advrtise them on sale, but they will other items they need to clear out

Guest Attitude

I have a feeling that this last snow in Chicago just wiped out all the stores inventories. I can't see a store re-ordering snowblowers in February especially now that the Groundhog didn't see his shadow this year (early spring).

You might find your best deal next fall. And for your double drive corner lot, don't get anything less then a two stage 9 horse with a minimunm of a 29 inch path auger, not paddle. Electric start is a must with the bigger motors in the cold. If you don't get it, you'll be pissed off and tired when you've worked up a sweat before you've even started. They run about $600 for a decent one $1000 for top of the line. Go big or go home! Best fuc*ing winter investment you can make. This last snow, I was done with my property from start-up to shut down in under 20 minutes and you've seen my driveway.

I have a shitty driveway that the previous owners DIDN'T fix the concrete, instead asphalted it. Its wavy as shit, and I am curious what would work best for it. It will probably be another 3 years before I replace it, so keeping that in mind...I'm taking suggestions.

PS: I also have quite a few elderly neighbors that I take care of their driveways and sidewalks. They all have very flat concrete drives.

I have a shitty driveway that the previous owners DIDN'T fix the concrete, instead asphalted it. Its wavy as shit, and I am curious what would work best for it. It will probably be another 3 years before I replace it, so keeping that in mind...I'm taking suggestions.

PS: I also have quite a few elderly neighbors that I take care of their driveways and sidewalks. They all have very flat concrete drives.

You and Irish move somewhere warmer so you dont have to worry about snow. Just sand. :thumb:

Well I dont know about Cali but Florida is rocking right now. Last month we were the only state to not have snow and for the past week and a half I've had the windows and sliders open (thinking about going for a swim today) enjoying the mid to high 70's while most everyone else I know is stuck inside because of too much snow and cold.

Get her complaining about the cold and snow and then get her to hate the cold and snow. She'll go then.

buy a 4 wheeler and put a plow on it!!!

Guest Attitude
Come. Join the SoCal side of the Force.

0408091423a.jpg

0715091531a.jpg

0517091250a.jpg

I sure hope these pictures you used are from July and not as recent as Jan or Feb, otherwise I would think your being mean seeing as though we are buried in 2 1/2 feet of snow here right now! :smow: