Does it make you a better player ?

It works in two ways to make you a better player in my opinion. You become more stealth oriented with Kill Cam off and it makes your stealth tactics better. On the other side of that if you are the one being killed by someone who is being stealthy it makes you value every inch you take, because you don't know which bend he is waiting around. I personally prefer the kill cam on though.

My reasoning for voting no. I think it helps in familiarizing you with the map a little bit better but I don't think having it off actually makes you a better player. In fact, I'd almost argue that having it on could improve your game play a little bit because it makes you be more aware of exact locations and staying in one spot too long.

I voted no.

Having the kill cam on does many good things to improve a player's skill.

1: It shortens their breath when they're inclined to say "that was bullshit" when, unlike Socom, they can finally see where they were shot, how they were shot, and the fact that they WERE shot. I think this is the single most greatest achievement of the kill cam.

2: It shows a player how other, potentially more skilled players, are playing/hiding/approaching. The kill cam doesn't just show the shot only, it shows a brief few seconds beforehand, so you can see his path of travel.

3: It shows you potential hiding spots of killers that you may not have known existed. There've been a few times when, on the kill cam, I say to myself "holy hell, I didn't know you could get there." To someone who has the capacity to learn from their mistakes, and to learn from someone who knows more, that is an invaluable tool to becoming a better player.

Having the kill cam OFF can hinder many of these things.

And for those that like to say "I hate the kill cam because the person you just killed can run right up to your spot after they respawn and just get a free kill....." well, -I- never like to consider myself a "free kill," so I keep in MIND that there's a kill cam out there. If I'm stupid enough or lazy enough to just lay in one spot all the time, and get killed there for it, I will say that I am to blame for that, not the guy who went to check if I was stupid enough to stay there.

There's a great White Stripes song no their recent album called "Cause and Effect."

"You can't take the effect....and make it the cause."

Personally, I like it off. I'm more into the stealth kills than the halo-type run/gun rambo b.s. So I'd rather find some selective spots and use them undetected, rather than have to run out of places and be forced to run around corners blazing. I like having to value how many times I die, rather than not caring and just blazing away...so I guess the point is, the kill cam on only helps those that love respawn and who's skill lies in spreading the most bullets, rushing faster and more often, or need the crutch because they don't know the map, rather than precision kills and stealth.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm a camper by any stretch..those that know me know I like to hit and run...which WOULD mesh with keeping the kill cam on...but I thnk I like the option of returning to a spot, as well.

Plus, its not like the maps are overly large...you can learn them all in a day, so you pretty much know where you're getting killed from regardless...so why be lazy and have the game point it out for you, too?

Pathogen- ]

Personally, I like it off. I'm more into the stealth kills than the halo-type run/gun rambo b.s. So I'd rather find some selective spots and use them undetected, rather than have to run out of places and be forced to run around corners blazing. I like having to value how many times I die, rather than not caring and just blazing away...so I guess the point is, the kill cam on only helps those that love respawn and who's skill lies in spreading the most bullets, rushing faster and more often, or need the crutch because they don't know the map, rather than precision kills and stealth.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm a camper by any stretch..those that know me know I like to hit and run...which WOULD mesh with keeping the kill cam on...but I thnk I like the option of returning to a spot, as well.

Plus, its not like the maps are overly large...you can learn them all in a day, so you pretty much know where you're getting killed from regardless...so why be lazy and have the game point it out for you, too?

Path, those all seem like opinions of why you like it, please don't vote your opinion if you like it or not. Vote yes or no based on if you think it makes you a better player, if it's turned off.

hmm. Sorry, I'm talking with a realtor as I type so I'm sure that was kind of a disjointed post.

Essentially, I think things like no kill cam and no UAV makes you a better player because you have to hear the fire, be more aware of your surroundings, and react accordingly...w/out having the crutch and convenience of having like a GPS go "Turn left at this juncture to find Rage cowering like a biatch!" hehehe

To be honest....I agree with Tow.....the cam shows the player that..." Wow I did get shot".LOL eliminates that socom famous line.......THATS BULLSHIT.

And sometimes you cant tell exactly where the palyer is, depending on weathrer or not he is scope.....just his general where abouts. And if your killing people from one spot and stay stagnant...you deserve to get shot.....

The only downfall in my opinion is sniping....but you should stay static as a sniper anyways.....make your shot, move to an alternate location.....and hit'em again.

saint52 ]

The only downfall in my opinion is sniping....but you should stay static as a sniper anyways.....make your shot, move to an alternate location.....and hit'em again.

Do you mean dynamic? :) Static would mean you'd stay in the same spot all the time.

saint52 ]

To be honest....I agree with Tow.....the cam shows the player that..." Wow I did get shot".LOL eliminates that socom famous line.......THATS BULLSHIT.

that IS a good point. must have missed that post. Could potentially bring down after-match bickering somewhat. I guess I can see the validity then...tho sorry Rage, that wouldn't be why it makes you a better player, but how it would help a match out lol

Undertow ]I never like to consider myself a "free kill," so I keep in MIND that there's a kill cam out there.  If I'm stupid enough or lazy enough to just lay in one spot all the time, and get killed there for it, I will say that I am to blame for that, not the guy who went to check if I was stupid enough to stay there.

Exactly...... Having the Kill Cam off does NOT make you a better / more skilled player. How does allowing a player to lay in the weeds with a silent weapon at a spawn choke point make him "better"? With the Kill Cam on, your forced to move, your forced to adapt, your forced to set up and try something different. If anything, this will make you a better overall player. And like Tow said, if Im dumb enough to lay there knowing its on then I deserved to get knifed in the back.