[TNU] Threat Neutralizing Unit

TNU was founded by Honkay in the first week of socom 2. Honkay created TNU in the hopes of creating one of the most talented and respected clans in the Socom Community. The Threat Neutralizing Unit was built on trust, respect, talent, and communication. Since the creation of TNU, we believe we have achieved the goal Honkay set out to accomplish.

In socom 2 TNU won our very first tournament and had over 300 victories with under 30 losses. TNU also hosted our very first tournament in Socom 2 and began establishing our conections with other clans. TNU was joined by a great group of players who were formally in the [E!] Entertainment clan. In Socom 3 TNU continued our success and began competing in several tournaments. Tnu won 2 Battlefield Of Honor Tournaments and continued our success with a war record consistant with ours from Socom 2.

During Socom Combined Assault TNU made some major steps to not only improving our status as a clan but in becoming a much more involved part of the Socom Community. The first week of Socom Combined Assault TNU put together what became a very large part of the Socom Tournament Community. TNU created Chaos Tactics. CT was a Tournament site built to offer a variety of choices to clans who wanted to compete in TacMap Tournaments. CT was created because TNU had a few issues in entering into a seperate tournament due to unfriendly ties with participating clans. CT became a large success and TNU hosted 7 of our own tournaments offering some of the most involved and interactive tournaments available. TNU won the very first CT tournament beating out over 30 clans and taking over 5 months. In that year TNU also helped raise over $700 for the walk for autism for a clan mate and got involved in several other charities.

TNU went through a rough patch as almost all clans did between Combined Assualt & Confrontation. We even went through a little stint on COD4 and participated in 2 tournaments on that game finishing in the top 4 on both. TNU finally came together and hosted our last season of CT finishing in the final four beating out 16 other clans despite out low acttivity. Since then TNU has began to flourish and is getting large numbers of players on a regular basis and continuing our success on Confrontation & soon to be Socom 4. Throughout the past 7 years TNU has been through a lot but we have always maintained a sense of respect for ourselves and our competitors. We have always shown loyalty to our members who have been with us from the start and just joining us as we continue on. TNU has watched members join when they were 12 to 14 years old who are now attending College. TNU is proud to support our members and be there when they need a family and just as proud to harrass them to get back online when they take a break from the community. TNU for Life & respect Your Clan!

TNU is a clan Based on chemistry & teamwork. Threat Neutralizing Unit Has been around

for over 6 Years and hold a win percentage of over 90% TNU prides itself on being a

positive force in the PS3 Community and are seeking active & talented players dedicated

to playing as a team. We are currently Expanding our Gameplay. We are mainly a Socom Clan,

We have A current active member list of around 40 Members. We also are playing Socom Confrontation,

Call Of Duty Black Ops & Killzone 3 & will be moving to Socom 4, & much more in the Future!

Edited by disfsk3x14

I took no sides in the battle that TNU and Urgent Fury had and that is all behind me now but.. Really? After all the bad mouthing and everything else that went with TNU's exit you would think that you would show a little class and not try to recruit here. There are plenty of places on the intertubes to try and recruit and to me this is probably the last place TNU should be doing it.

Thank you, I don't want to get all crazy right off the bat, I wanna make this as clean as possible...LOL

Yeah that would get you nowhere in a community that holds respect as one of it's core principals. I see no one has responded to your introduction yet which is probably why I didn't notice it. The research continues.

Being that now your in the EYE of sony you may want to be a little easier on clans that are going to start showing up on this site... old history or not... I have been pm'd by another mod & we have talked some... So again find out what's going on before you start bashing a recruitment & clan introduction thread? I would also like it if a MOD would remove this conversation from the thread?? It's not good for potential recruits to read (correct)? & please let me know if we are not welcome & reinstate the TNU ban from this site & we will be on our way, I only came because I had heard that things had changed & we could possibly move forward together.. but from your reaction maybe that's not possible?? & another note: p.s. the other intro other than mine took DAYS for someone to respond... SO idk what your getting at???

In no way have I disrespected you or TNU I don't see why you are getting so defensive.. The reason I mentioned the fact that your introduction thread has no responses is because you pointed me to it like it was going to be part of proving your case which obviously it didn't. I have no beef with TNU or you personally. I just remember that TNU's exit was bloody there were a lot of things said and it was my understanding that TNU was ejected entirely from the Urgent Fury community not banned. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong if I am and I would have no problem admitting it if I was.

Eye of Sony or not I have treated you like I would anyone else with dignity and respect.

Just to clear a few things up for all, I am the "mod" that has spoken with him and i was more of walking him through what we do expect regardless of ban or ban lift. Here is the PM i sent when i read this post:

So hey i have been a long term friend of TNU and have competed w/ TNU on many games over the years, and as a staff member i would like to welcome you back to UF. As you mentioned in your introduction post, you seem to be new to UF in general and i just wanted to point out a few things to make TNUs return smooth.

It appears as though the reason you guys were removed from UF was due to connection to Chaos Tactics and beyond that using UF's PM system to recruit Urgent Fury members to be potential TNU players. The rules have indeed changed here at UF, but we still frown upon mention or advertising of other sites, and in TNUs case, especially Chaos Tactics. By no means do i want this to come across as a threat or any kind of problem, ask Shadow, i contacted him and informed him on some rule changes here at UF in hopes that TNU would return. However the post you made in regards to TNUs recruiting was a bit on the CT heavy side. To me, and im sure others, it almost at times reads as an advertisement for the site , which again in TNUs case, is a sensitive subject.

Again, UF has opened the doors back up and we will not discriminate to others involved at other tourney sites, but we wont allow advertising of the sites. If you have any questions feel free to respond and ask away.

Although we have recent bonds with Sony, Urgent Fury does not directly represent Sony nor would our affiliation modify or change our advertisement policies or clan expectations to participate in our community. Beyond that, we are not ones to delete or lock posts here at UF. To an extent , we want all members to be allowed freedom of speech, but they must also maintain a professional attitude while at Urgent Fury.

I offer my sincere apologies to TNU and chiamira for speaking on something that I wasn't fully informed about. This is my mistake I admit it and take full responsibility.

Hopefully there can be no hard feelings and I look forward to competing against TNU on S4 down the road. Welcome back.

Edited by Crusty_Demons

TNU now there's a clan I'm happy to see back over here. Glad to see you guys have made your way over to this side of town and hope you stay for s4 and more. TNU and iMr had some fun matches over at "the other site that isn't allowed to be said here" and look forward to them again. As for the recruiting thing in the past it was my understanding you couldn't do it until your clan passed "hell week" but as there is no more "hell week" then who knows when you can or can't recruit. Either way if your looking for a clan that's going to stick around and win a bunch then this is it for you. Good Luck.

When you complete a Successful Introductory UrgentFury Tournament you will then become an accepted Urgent Fury Community Clan. Until Then there is no Recruiting posts. That is how it is now Last-

Edited by disfsk3x14

• 8 months later...