SOCOM 4 Bomb Squad and Beta Details

Competitive multiplayer has always been the core of the SOCOM franchise, and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs takes it further than ever before with modes and options that both new recruits and veterans alike will enjoy. We've previously covered three of our four competitive modes -- Suppression, Last Defense and Uplink -- and today we're excited to unveil our fourth mode, Bomb Squad.

In Bomb Squad, Insurgents have planted a number of bombs around the map and the Spec Ops team must defuse them all before time runs out. What makes Bomb Squad special is that it features the unique Bomb Technician character, played by one member of the Spec Ops team, who is charged with defusing the explosives. He carries both an automatic shotgun and a mobile grenade launcher and is very heavily armored, making him a deadly force on his own; that said, the technician is still an open target any time he turns his back to defuse Insurgent bombs. Succeeding in Bomb Squad requires tactics, teamwork, patience and confidence to get the job done, all pillars of the overall SOCOM experience.

5487961415_f91b2264b7.jpg

When can you get your hands on Bomb Squad, you ask? Well, you'll be able to try out all four of our modes on two maps in our upcoming beta! The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will include each of the game's competitive multiplayer modes -- Suppression, Last Defense, Uplink and Bomb Squad -- all playable on the maps "Port Authority" and "Assault & Battery". And of course, you'll be able to play each of our modes in either of their Standard or Classic variants.

The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will roll out in four separate phases. It'll begin with a small, private group and then expand weekly from there until it's freely available to everyone! Here's the schedule for each of the beta's rollout phases:

• On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.
  • Beginning March 22nd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
  • On March 29th, anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.
  • Starting April 5th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.

The beta is scheduled to run until April 13th, at which point the servers will be taken down in preparation of SOCOM 4's retail release on April 19th! Click here to discuss Bomb Squad and the beta on the official SOCOM forums.

More...

On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.

WTF who are the eligible players? And I know the people with the beta key from Killzone are going to be pissed as well knowing now that they will only be able to use the $60 beta key a week and half before the actual release of the game.

On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.

WTF who are the eligible players? And I know the people with the beta key from Killzone are going to be pissed as well knowing now that they will only be able to use the $60 beta key a week and half before the actual release of the game.

I am almost 100 percent positive it will be the 18(that got selected to go to the viewing thing), and probably another 10 or so top posters, and I almost guarantee the GAP members will get it also...

OMG, you should read some of the threads at SOCOM.com. They are hilarious.

I am almost 100 percent positive it will be the 18(that got selected to go to the viewing thing), and probably another 10 or so top posters, and I almost guarantee the GAP members will get it also...

Could be. But I bet they are gonna do it the same way they did the MAG private beta. Random.

• Directors

Hey everyone,

Included here is your one-stop shop for all things "Beta." We'll try to answer your questions best we can when we can, in addition to posting relevant news and other things as well.

Beta Schedule

• Phase 1 (Private invites) - Begins March 15. Eligible players will be contacted with details
  • Phase 2 (PlayStation Plus members) - Begins March 22. Members will join Phase 1 participants
  • Phase 3 (Killzone 3 vouchers) - Begins March 29. You can redeem your voucher included with KZ3 to play with Phase 1 and Phase 2 players
  • Phase 4 (Open to everyone) - Begins April 5. The beta will be freely downloadable off of PSN
  • Beta Ends - April 13

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will the clan matching system be available in the beta?

A: It will be available, yes.

Q: Can we create custom rooms in the beta?

A: Not available for the beta.

Q: Is there a party system?

A: We’re still evaluating the likelihood of SOCOM 4 supporting this feature.

Q: Will the times we can play during the day be limited?

A: No time limit, but we will limit what games modes are available each day. We’ll publish a schedule in the near feature.

Q: Is Beta is 3D capable or will that only be available at retail launch.

A: Don’t know this yet, still considering our options. Same with Sharp Shooter and PlayStation Move support.

Q: How many people will you be inviting to the private beta?

A: We’re not revealing how many people we’re inviting, sorry.

Additional Questions?

--------------------

Jeremy Dunham

Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

OMG, you should read some of the threads at SOCOM.com. They are hilarious.

Could be. But I bet they are gonna do it the same way they did the MAG private beta. Random.

Possible... If so then I might be able to get into it earlier.. I got into Mag on the first set of invites sent out:) although I only played it for a week lol

Military including Active, Reserve, Veteran and Dependents get 50% off of our Spec Ops Premium Experience

Important Information

By visiting this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search