I have done the research---PS3 headsets---

Listed below are the BEST I have had my hands on. Keep in mind these are the best in over all performance not necessarily value or price.

#1. I am going to buy a pair this weekend. It does have to be plugged in but it is sweet... I have used this on a friends xbox- I will test out the Mic function on the ps3 and report back. It  is the only headset to have a true 5.1 sound... oh and it has rumble too  8)  http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRIGA600.htm

#2. Someone else recommended this as well. You can find these for 80 bucks on amazon in all different colors. I wish everyone on cod4 had this so the damn background noise would not be there. If you want blue tooth spend a little more and go with this guy. Check out the vid on the link for a demo.  http://www.jawbone.com/

#3. This one rated on par with the #2 above. It is smaller and a little more costly but the bud actually fits in your ear. People use these on the stockmarket floor, construction and soon to be cod4 lol.  http://www.nxzen.com/headsets/nx6000_1.php

US25

Im not a big fan of the wireless. I have yet to hear somebody who uses them sound clear. Seems like every "muffled" voice comes from a person who admits to using a wireless mic. Plus, they pick up EVERYTHING in the background making the "open mic" feature horrible.

The first pair looks pretty sweet. I was always concerned about covering both ears that it would take away the game sounds from the tv but it looks like this one incorporates the game sounds in the headset. Im curious to see how this one works. Is there a seperate control that deals with the voices of other gamers? Most of the time I need the voices turned up a bit over the game sounds. This possible?

After looking through the specs, the Triton Tech set looks to be the best choice. Although I dont know how well it'll work for those of us who have families who are typically asleep while we play. We all know how loud people get when both ears are covered. I could see a significant increase in angry wives and tired children. :)

Guest Stealthknight

my TV is typically louder then I am so i think the silence from the TV would equal out the new found loudness you will gain have from wearing the headset.

I have the blue tooth headset that comes with warhawk and it seems to be a decent headset. It fits good on your ear, haven't experienced any cutting out in the middle of sentences, it is small and has a long battery life. But I have noticed problems when it comes to background noise. it has a very sensitive Mic on it so it picks up almost every voice within a 20 foot radius.

Hybird_chaos ]

But I have noticed problems when it comes to background noise.

Thats half of what I was talking about. The other half you wont know about cause you dont hear yourself as you talk. Your voice is really muffled (specially with the headset that came with Warhawk).

Personally I don't think you need to go that far with the headsets. I have a Motorola H350 and the Jabra that came with Warhawk and the JABRA is far better with the PS3 then the Motorola. The Motorola sounds fine with the phone but sucks when connected to the PS3.

Plantronics and Jabra seem to be the winner when it comes to the PS3 from what I have read on forums.

I checked out #1- The mic WILL NOT work on the PS3. At least thats what the computer geek (and I mean that in a good way) told me at Fry's electronics.

#2 is Great.

Side bar-

I recently purchased a CALL POD DRAGON. I use it on COD can jam my music WAY up and no one hears ANY background noise but can hear me fine. I have used it for 6+ hours talking with out having to recharge, I can have it linked to 2 bluetooth devises at the same time (click a button and it switches). The down fall is it is not as comfy as some others.

• 4 weeks later...