Socom 4 Exclusive Interview: Clan Matchmaking

I will let Shane answer that, however since this event is open to the public, I would not think it would be an issue to post them, HOWEVER, I would not post the videos there. I would post a link to our site where the video could be found. Use it to drive traffic here. Please let Shane answer the question though.

I will let Shane answer that, however since this event is open to the public, I would not think it would be an issue to post them, HOWEVER, I would not post the videos there. I would post a link to our site where the video could be found. Use it to drive traffic here. Please let Shane answer the question though.

That's a great idea. I never thought of posting the thread link, I always just copied the Youtube link.

But anyway, it's already there causing arguments. lol Not about UF, about the whole lack of lobbies debate. Someone else posted it.

looks like a modified CoD.....where is the original socom feel?? i mean that whole process looks like CoD, and even more a HUGE headache.... Should rename it too Call of Duty: Socom 4

You're just seeing the lobby and that means almost nothing in a game. I'll take a game with a shitty lobby, but great game play, over the best lobby in a shitty game...

i have heard the buzz on socom 4, i have heard from 'fanboys' and 'haters'.....i have heard all of the new content and the "classic" mode....im with ya on ur theory of good game play...but IMO i dont think it is going to be the game we loved in S1 and S2....shit even S3 CA, and the savior from Confrontation.....it just sounds like another shooter game with bs here, there and everywhere....I'm not trying to hate on it, i have been playing it since i was a kid for christ sake, Im just saying, zipper should have based this game off of what they prided themselves on in the past, not what is popular nowadays. That's what i am basing my opinion on....not just the lobby, thats just another 'fly on the wall' if u ask me.

I agree with you sweeve to a point. I don't think there will ever be a game out that kicked as much ass as S2. It's been hard for me to let that go because every socom that comes out I compare to it and that's probably why i haven't liked anything since then. But at the same time, they are not going to attract new people if they don't go with what's popular. Honestly, S2 was not that big of a game, we just happen to be a socom community so it seems like the world to us. Zipper needs to expand because they know they have loyal socom fans with people like us, but they need to compete with CoD and MoH and even KZ and now Homefront and I think just sticking to what has worked without takings risks will not compete with those games. Back in S2, there were not very many big name shooters on console. CoD and MoH were still on the computer and the others were not out.

I agree with you sweeve to a point. I don't think there will ever be a game out that kicked as much ass as S2. It's been hard for me to let that go because every socom that comes out I compare to it and that's probably why i haven't liked anything since then. But at the same time, they are not going to attract new people if they don't go with what's popular. Honestly, S2 was not that big of a game, we just happen to be a socom community so it seems like the world to us. Zipper needs to expand because they know they have loyal socom fans with people like us, but they need to compete with CoD and MoH and even KZ and now Homefront and I think just sticking to what has worked without takings risks will not compete with those games. Back in S2, there were not very many big name shooters on console. CoD and MoH were still on the computer and the others were not out.

Man, does that statement speak volumes. I actually never thought of it that way. I primarily think of SOCOM as one of the biggest games ever. But I only primarily visit SOCOM community forums.

I think you guys will get your wish when they start releasing PS2 games on the PSN Store. I would imagine that if or when that happens, the SOCOM series will be in the first bunch released.

Ok I just watched the video and have a few questions. First this clan matching system is for socom's own in game ladder correct or is this more of the old e-seal rooms of putting up [soso] looking for 8v8. If this is for the ingame ladder are there both ranked and unranked matches you could have ? Lastly is this the system UF will be using to host matches between UF clans or will there be the old fashion private matches where you can set it up your way.

Edited by Last-

I understand why they went the route of adding some things that come from each of the great games that have sold tons of games. They want to able to expand the socom community to the ppl who like halo who like cod mag watever because that brings us more competition. Something like this benefits UF also as that gives us a chance to maybe grab some of those halo gamers or cod gamers that have clans and now have a socom roster. It opens up the variety of tournaments that can b provided for all to enjoy. From playing the game i dont see a reason to doubt this game. Yes of course there will be people who do, but they are going to miss out.