Socom 4 Exclusive Interview: Clan Matchmaking

So that's a clan system witch is ok I guess. Are we going to be able to have our own privete rooms. IE midnight mass?

Basically seems like the COD party system... all you would need is to have someone that is in the RVN lobby on your friends list to send you an invite.

Yep, that's exactly what we plan on doing.

Every Friday, Ravenfall will post the members that will be on that night for Mass. That way if you don't have a RVN member on your list, you can add them.

Or you do, and that particular RVN is not on for Mass, you'll then have someone to add. At least to find Midnight Mass.

Now that way only works for a "join friend" type of system. But if they don't have that, you can always post up your PSN under our thread, and someone will send you an invite.

We are creating recruiting rooms the same way.

Long story short, Mass is not done.

do you know how much harder recruiting and forming a clan just got as well from no lobby system. It use to be as easy as making a room "AieL Recruiting" put in some of the best maps and watch the room fill up now you basically have to recruit like cod and just hope you play in a random room with someone good enough to join.

This isn't socom this is socod 4 and if you don't believe me go blow off the dust on MW2 and play the third person game mode and tell me that isn't what we have here. Sure there might be more team focused game modes but lets face it kill streaks, regain health, cover system, random nade tosses and so on all scream cod. I mean you say socom feel but does that just simple in-tell that the game is in 3rd person and you don't have perks and that makes the game socom ? But I'll be getting it none the less but don't try to sell me this is socom. This is a first person shooter in 3rd person view that's all and thats fine.

Edited by Last-

The MW2 3rd person game types were very clunky, CoD was not made for 3rd person, and neither were their maps. Socom has really good maps and they are made for 3rd person game play as is the game. CoD had some good ideas with the kill streaks and shit, so why not incorporate a good idea to make a game better??

The MW2 3rd person game types were very clunky, CoD was not made for 3rd person, and neither were their maps. Socom has really good maps and they are made for 3rd person game play as is the game. CoD had some good ideas with the kill streaks and shit, so why not incorporate a good idea to make a game better??

Agreed. SOCOM 4 is NOT the same as MW2's TPS mode.

IMO, just fix the camera, done. SOCOM feel complete.