Get Your Groove On in SOCOM 4

The SOCOM franchise is no stranger to intense online competition, the sort of frantic rivalries that bring out plenty of gloating for the victors. Fans know that the series has catered to these sorts of moments with built-in victory dances, and the soldiers of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs sure do know their way around the dance floor.

Available in online competitive matches, SOCOM 4's victory dances are triggered by pressing the Circle button while standing over a fallen enemy. There are more than a dozen dances in the game, including:

The Chicken

Sure to be a hit with fans of Arrested Development, your soldier makes chicken wings with his arms and waves them up and down, bobs his head forward and backward and digs at the dirt with his foot.

The Robot

Essentially an over-exaggerated version of what it looks like every time C3PO talks.

The Crane

Exactly like Daniel-son's finishing move from The Karate Kid, the soldier raises both hands into the air, lifts one knee up slowly and then quickly high kicks with the other leg.

With our beta underway, which victory dances will you find? Let others on the official SOCOM forums know what you think!

More...

Why did they put this in the game ? Maybe because and I'm just going out on a limb on this but idk maybe they believe it's a GAME.

Yes it is a game. But just as a reminder dancing on dead bodies is forbidden at Urgent Fury, as well as the excessive shooting of dead bodies. It has long been, and will long be considered dishonorable to dance on dead bodies in this community. This will not change!

I understand it's a game. My main complaint is why bother developing dance moves? It just seems like a waste of time. I mean, I assume some computer gaming developer had to write code to include dance moves.

Well they got all the other code from Infinity Ward, so they had to write something.

Dance moves are motion captured and from what I heard the guy doing the dances was hilarious in his golf ball suit doing the dances. I obviously fully support not dancing because of the disrespect it shows your teammate. On the other hand sometimes you just need to laugh at something when your playing a game. Not everything in life has to be so serious.

Code from Infinity Ward? Really?

Dance moves are motion captured and from what I heard the guy doing the dances was hilarious in his golf ball suit doing the dances. I obviously fully support not dancing because of the disrespect it shows your teammate. On the other hand sometimes you just need to laugh at something when your playing a game. Not everything in life has to be so serious.

Code from Infinity Ward? Really?

No, I hear ya. I was laughing my ass off one night when another Ravenfall member showed me that VIP's will dance with you if they are following you. It was just a bunch of RVN's, so it was all in good fun.

Yeah, lets not carried away with the stiff UF upper lip thing lol Sure, I'm 100percent in agreement that in a UF sanctioned tourney or league war that any form of taunting should be banned. 100percent. But seriously...if I join a friendly clan room and someone I've known for years, say like Vicarious or Nino, is on the other team and I kill them in a funny fashion, you can bet your ass I"m gonna do something silly to them in the name of fun, cammraderie, and good sport. Would I do it to someone that doesn't really know me or my humor? No, probably not. But between friends this can be a hilarious little jab, and it works both ways....cause I could get shot while doing my little dance and getting down tonite, and make the dead body person laugh.

Its kind of that whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" thing. If used correctly and in the right company, its a great and humorous addition. If not, its like teabagging or spinning with the bomb during a defusal...just a taunt from one arrogant faceless person.

Yeah, lets not carried away with the stiff UF upper lip thing lol Sure, I'm 100percent in agreement that in a UF sanctioned tourney or league war that any form of taunting should be banned. 100percent. But seriously...if I join a friendly clan room and someone I've known for years, say like Vicarious or Nino, is on the other team and I kill them in a funny fashion, you can bet your ass I"m gonna do something silly to them in the name of fun, cammraderie, and good sport. Would I do it to someone that doesn't really know me or my humor? No, probably not. But between friends this can be a hilarious little jab, and it works both ways....cause I could get shot while doing my little dance and getting down tonite, and make the dead body person laugh.

Its kind of that whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" thing. If used correctly and in the right company, its a great and humorous addition. If not, its like teabagging or spinning with the bomb during a defusal...just a taunt from one arrogant faceless person.

I agree with you Pathogen. There is no place for it in a war, things are already kind of tense and taunting is just disrespectful. When you are playing among friends, I really don't see it to be a problem. If friends can't pick on each other and still have some fun then they should evaluate their friendship. I know ID always kicks my ass and I got him with a claymore(generic COD claymore) in SOCOM 4 the other night So I had to dance! I also got 30 points for dancing. lol

I feel that dancing on dead bodies has it place in friendly games, but verbal disrespect of any kind should not be tolerated. I don't know how many times I have been killed in the act while dancing on one of my clan members dead bodies. Good times

Military including Active, Reserve, Veteran and Dependents get 50% off of our Spec Ops Premium Experience

Important Information

By visiting this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search