Ruling on A Formal Complaint and Breaking of the Rules

I am the new guy here. I just wanted to say something. I see that there have been hostile posts towards the Staff, and other posts from people giving their inputs, and that's good to see a community coming together, standing up for what they believe in.

The staff here have given out repremadations(sp?) Against those they found in the wrong.

I learned three things in the military that stick to me. The Core Values of

Honor: Doing what is right no matter the outcome, always making sure that you have the balls to do the right thing.

Courage: Having the courage to fight and stand up for what you believe in.

Commitment: sticking through the thick and the thin, continueing the process of the two preceeding.

Looking back in old posts here. I am wondering, what Happened with TNU? Why were they expelled for a year?

IMO ringers should never be allowed, call them rent a players, call them ringers, does not matter to me.

However people make mistakes, and some people don't like decisions. I personally came here for fair fighting, and a fun enviorment. I won't be going anywhere, even if I disagree with some of the things that Staff do. Its called growing pains.

However if these things continue, then maybe I will leave. But Personally the staff came to this decision, and like it or not, we have to deal with it. That is Commitment my dear friends.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LOL. Its all about rules right? I was pissed about the whole thing last night, and since we where warring the U, I felt the need to try and make some points. To the U my bad it was uncalled for on my behalf. But knowing only warnings would come from it....Well. When the comements were made last week or the week before in the U vs AIEL war. Dont you think the rules should have been inforced then? If thats the case, why did both parties get a slap on the wrist if that? I have had my issues with the curent tourny, but really have just ate it and kept going. Once all this other BS came up, it really erks what the point of UF is. We are NOT following the whole "Win with honor Lose with dignity" thing here. Every other week there is something going wrong, and clans begin to fuss at one another. What I dont understand, it was 4 players. Those are gone. All the clans left are strong clans including the 2 that just left. All know who to win (Except mine) And should be able to fight on.

Lets look at the U. just a couple of weeks ago, they where on there verge of being elimated with 2 teritories remaining. Now they are right back in it. If I look at it. The so called "ringers" have only been able to play the past 2 weeks. Has this stop there run on coming back and making a move in the final weeks no!

VR= has been strong throughout the whole thing and being the 1st to go IC. If the 4 guys are dusted out, wehy leave? You guys still have a strong run at finishing at the top.....

This is what I cant understand. The information gathered has been delt with. The 4 ringers/rent a players are gone..... That should be good enough at this point.

Hush, its not about winning or losing, it is about the moral fiber of the participants rallying together against a bad ruling, a reversing on a rule that is there in black and white and that we all read and agreed to upon entering this tournament. Would this improve chances at winning the tournament for a clan? Sure! Aiel is definitely beatable as some clans have shown. Did they use an unfair advantage in a lot of their wars? Definitely. Hell, they could have squashed you guys at any time but chose to let you hold on until it became advantageous for them to eliminate you...so by your reasoning, since we should stay in because this helps our cause...shouldn't you want them out because it may help yours? lol I'm messing with you on that point, but in all seriousness...some things are worth more than winning to us. 3 clans obviously feel strongly enough about this to poll their rosters, combining what, 90 UF participants, maybe more, to throw away hours of dedication to practices and wars and discussion, in favor of doing the honorable thing? Unfortunately, whomever wins this tournament will have an asterix behind their names, now that 3 of the top 5 clans have bowed out.

LOL. Its all about rules right? I was pissed about the whole thing last night, and since we where warring the U, I felt the need to try and make some points. To the U my bad it was uncalled for on my behalf. But knowing only warnings would come from it....Well. When the comements were made last week or the week before in the U vs AIEL war. Dont you think the rules should have been inforced then? If thats the case, why did both parties get a slap on the wrist if that? I have had my issues with the curent tourny, but really have just ate it and kept going. Once all this other BS came up, it really erks what the point of UF is. We are NOT following the whole "Win with honor Lose with dignity" thing here. Every other week there is something going wrong, and clans begin to fuss at one another. What I dont understand, it was 4 players. Those are gone. All the clans left are strong clans including the 2 that just left. All know who to win (Except mine) And should be able to fight on.

Lets look at the U. just a couple of weeks ago, they where on there verge of being elimated with 2 teritories remaining. Now they are right back in it. If I look at it. The so called "ringers" have only been able to play the past 2 weeks. Has this stop there run on coming back and making a move in the final weeks no!

VR= has been strong throughout the whole thing and being the 1st to go IC. If the 4 guys are dusted out, wehy leave? You guys still have a strong run at finishing at the top.....

This is what I cant understand. The information gathered has been delt with. The 4 ringers/rent a players are gone..... That should be good enough at this point.

URGENT FURY MOTTO

"WIN with HONOR, LOSE with DIGNITY" - This motto is more than just a motto. It is a way of life here at Urgent Fury. We expect each and every clan as well as each and every one of their members to not only know this motto but to adhere to it as well.

Unbiased: towards each community member in regards to race, creed or religion and the commitment of not favoring one person or side over another from a prejudiced view.

Respecting: one another with esteem and consideration towards each member in a courteous and friendly manner.

Gamesmanship: using tactics skill and fortitude to overcome your opponent but never breaking nor disregarding the rules of competition.

Earnestness: showing sincerity and seriousness with purposeful and determinant intent. Regard for others in terms of appreciation and consideration of their time.

Nobility: having or showing qualities of high moral character, such as courage, generosity and honor.

Truthfulness: the quality of being open and truthful; not deceitful or hypocritical being able to self impose and enforce rules of honor and denounce any form of cheating.

Fairness: being consistent with rules or ethics with acceptable behavior exhibiting a disposition that is free of favoritism or bias. To be fair to all parties in a just and impartial manner.

Unity: to be in accord and demonstrate singularity in regards to the agreement of the membership to abide by the principles of honor and respect in online gaming.

Recommendable: to praise or acclaim the community of members as being worthy or desirable. To endorse and give your support to the credit and value of being a member or Urgent Fury.

Yours: to know that Urgent Fury ends with yourself, your actions and your commitment of honor. Urgent Fury belongs to all of you..

i thought the 7 core ARMY values were hard to follow 24/7..but these values are alot harder uhh for peeps?...and it's a game? shame shame...

Edited by creeper671

• Directors

For the clans that continue on through the event thank you. To those that have left good luck in your ventures.

As for the bottom line statements, which Path and his roommate or ex roommate, something like that, that seem to be everyone's fuel for our decision:

Did you have to pay a fee for this tournament?

Did you have to pay a fee to register on the forums?

Did you send any money to Urgent Fury?

If you answered any of this yes by being on this forums, then you might have something to do with the bottomline... Otherwise let it be know the bottom line has nothing to do with anything in a tournament. If it did, you would see us charging for every person that plays in the TacMap.

As for the decision at hand, we stand by it as does the Tournament Admin Johnson. And as Bandit clearly stated, the ruling is consistant with the previous ruling.

And Vicarious, you are right this is not the first time you told staff (Not the Tournament Admin) about possible ringers, but there was no proof at the time. And yes once we received proof we went on a fact finding mission and discovered the planned merger and the fact that verified by GB that NNN cannot make changes to their roster and that along with the merger they would continue playing as NNN because they qualified for the playoffs.

I have still not seen proof of any of these members playing a match and throwing the tide. But we probably never will.

Damn i leave for a couple days and all hell breaks loose. I have read through everyones points and there is one thing that after everyone's arguments against each other everyone has agreed on one thing that AieL (sp?) had ringers and they should have to follow the punishment that is written in the rule book. I cant belive 3 teams dropped out of the tournment expecially teams that have been here for years. Shit happens you guys whether it is bad or good but you guys shouldnt back out of a tournment because a clan fucked it up for the rest. Dropping out means you have no faith in the directors and that hurts because they do work to try to give us a place were we can bitch and complain and enjoy the true meaning of clan gaming. Now im not kissing no ones ass by no means but all im saying is you guys have been playing in the tournment for a couple weeks now why dont you guys just finish the shit out and forget about AieL (sp?).

For the clans that continue on through the event thank you. To those that have left good luck in your ventures.

As for the bottom line statements, which Path and his roommate or ex roommate, something like that, that seem to be everyone's fuel for our decision:

Did you have to pay a fee for this tournament?

Did you have to pay a fee to register on the forums?

Did you send any money to Urgent Fury?

If you answered any of this yes by being on this forums, then you might have something to do with the bottomline... Otherwise let it be know the bottom line has nothing to do with anything in a tournament. If it did, you would see us charging for every person that plays in the TacMap.

As for the decision at hand, we stand by it as does the Tournament Admin Johnson. And as Bandit clearly stated, the ruling is consistant with the previous ruling.

And Vicarious, you are right this is not the first time you told staff (Not the Tournament Admin) about possible ringers, but there was no proof at the time. And yes once we received proof we went on a fact finding mission and discovered the planned merger and the fact that verified by GB that NNN cannot make changes to their roster and that along with the merger they would continue playing as NNN because they qualified for the playoffs.

I have still not seen proof of any of these members playing a match and throwing the tide. But we probably never will.

im sure we can take clips from our recorded video.

As far as the throwing the tide...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so ringers are aloud if they dont have a direct impact on a game? that last statement is absolutely absurd. Im at a loss for words on this entire topic. So they were caught using "ringers" and theyre penalty was....? losing those 4 members. All the wars theyve participated in since the last roster change should be forfeited for every time one of those 4 members played not to mention the minimum 1 yr ban. I believe the clans here backed out for 2 reasons...we wont play with cheaters and if UF allows cheaters then that must be the type of community the ADMINS envision. the penalty doesnt fit the crime, we're not asking for AIEL to have a lifetime BAN....whatever wasting my time....

PS Shane please define "throwing the tide" is it a certain number of kills or a certain amount of captures or defenses.....?

Edited by X-Factor--

But why is it so important that AieL was booted? Why be the kid going home with his ball because he didn't get what he wanted? That's why I shake my head.

We use honor and dignity here. Is it Honorable to go on a witch hunt to get clans ousted? Is it honorable to run away when you don't get what you want? Is it honorable to call people cheaters when a rule is broken?

Sorry the directors and I wanted to try and find a way to rectify this situation in a fair way without tarnishing a tournament by tossing clans out. Whatever happened to just having fun playing a game in a competitive atmosphere? But now everything is political bullshit. We look for ways to oust people from our holy community.

lol no, we don't pay to play. But participation and hits on the forums helps google ad sense bring revenue, the number of hits also drives up the price for all the ads everywhere, and the bigger the tournament site gets, the better chance you have to get recognized by Sony as a sponsor, etc. So yeah, 3 rosters suddenly dropping out could very well have an effect on the bottom line, as that is a whole heck of a lot of active people who are soured on the UF experience and are active enough in game and on random forums (such as black ops forums, other clan forums, Sony forums, socom.com, etc etc) to spread the word. So, you are right. We don't pay to play here. And you own the site. But we, as a community, do have a powerful tool available to stand up for what is right, and that is the CHOICE to remain in contention here or not. With out a loyal fanbase, even american idol or jersey shore would slip quietly into that night

This shit is just getting out of hand it really is. You guys are letting some Boot clan mess it up for the rest of the people in the tournment and that is wrong. I dont play much anymore due to shit going on in real life but most of you guys have been around since the begining and i have read some shit from the past years and you know what you guys are still here so why dont you guys just move on from this shit and finish it out?

Nor do you have to, when YOUR rules don't define that.

http://www.urgentfury.com/showthread.php/69826-***Roster-Ruling***ALL-GAMES-AT-UF***?highlight=ringer

UF Clans and Gunners

If a team knowingly puts a player on their roster and it is proven that they know is on another Socom clans roster anywhere, whether on the same name or another alias, that team will be removed from any and all current tournaments they are competing in as well as suspended from all future events for a period of time, of not less than 1 year. If a player is put on a teams roster and they had no knowledge that said player was playing on another team either under the same name or another name, only the player will be removed and suspended from UF, for a period of not less than 1 year.

The exception to the rule: UF will allow players from one clan to play on another game for another team, if their team does not compete on that game here at UF. In other words if TEAM is Socom exclusive and they have Player B who also like to play COD, then that player may play on Team C for COD as their team does not compete on that game. This rule is to not limit an individual from competing on different games, it is to not allow teams to have a player playing the same game for several different teams regardless if they are within the UF Arena of Competition.

This rule is in effect for any and all games and tournaments here at UF, except where there are specific rules that allow for it, such as in Horseman, where we allow you to comprise teams with players from different clans or in the event we have any tournament where the rules specifically express that this is allowed. This also does not include players who play on dubs or quads here or any other site. This rule is for clan events only.

SolidSlug even said it in his second email, "So this would not be the same as merging our clans, but it would be a good test if our clans could ever merge, or we could repeat such tactical partnerships in the future, on a per game basis, when both of our best interests are met." How blind can you be, seriously?

Sorry the directors and I wanted to try and find a way to rectify this situation in a fair way without tarnishing a tournament by tossing clans out. Whatever happened to just having fun playing a game in a competitive atmosphere? But now everything is political bullshit. We look for ways to oust people from our holy community.

This tournament is already tarnished, with only 3 clans left in. This competitive atmosphere was great until a clan thought it was above all other clans and didn't need to follow simple guidelines. There is no politics here, there is simply difference of opinion. That difference is some clans can accept a little cheating others WILL NOT.

Ok, I'm sorry but I cannot bite my tongue.

Johnson nobody is looking for AieL to be ousted or sentenced to death. Everyone that left is looking for the punishment to fit the crime. They had 4 ringers, that we know about, on their roster. The punishment is they lose those 4 gunners and the 4 roster spots? So basically, they just end up back where they were before the roster update, since they don't have a full roster. This punishment does NOTHING for the sake of deterrence in the future, nor upholding of the rules in the eyes of the rest of the remaining clans. If a punishment were handed out where the clan PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, got their comeuppance then nobody would have an issue here. But again, I'm happy one Admin of the tournament was consulted all the way throughout, while the other one was left in the dark.

• Directors

You are right we only talked with the Neautral partied Admin, otherwise favortism would have been called on any ruling. And as Stated now for the 4th time, the punishment is a repeat of the same incident that happened by another clan in the past tournament. We set the precedent then and we followed that. Where were you guys then, why is it ok then but not now, I don't know.

And we have accepted the resignation of Staff member Backlash

At this point I am really not adding any value posting in this thread...

As for throwing the tide I ment these gunners got all of the kills and never lost a round.

But why is it so important that AieL was booted? Why be the kid going home with his ball because he didn't get what he wanted? That's why I shake my head.

We use honor and dignity here. Is it Honorable to go on a witch hunt to get clans ousted? Is it honorable to run away when you don't get what you want? Is it honorable to call people cheaters when a rule is broken?

We play here because it is an Honorable environment, that has rules just like any competitive atmosphere. Rules that are in place for a reason. It is the guideline for what UF defines and expects from the clans that participate here. When rules are broken we expect the staff to follow them, now what they see fit at the moment. The rules are clearly outlined in black and white. No one is trying to oust a clan from our holy community, but according to the rule set they just couldn't compete for a year.

Damn i cant belive lash just resigned come on guys is this shit that serious. Does this stuff have to be pushed this fucking far where it is splitting up a community? Come on guys you guys have been here for years i just looked at how long lash has been here and its almost or over 5 years and you guys are letting a bunch of fucking boots just tear this shit up.

We are all human beings. What do we have in common? Well, we all make mistakes. And, we also make biased decisions because that is human nature. Unless anyone here is a judge, and I don't think anyone is, we are all subject to bias. To start, I will bring up past rulings that were made since the new directors took over. Some staff and the directors claim they wanted to make a decision without tarnishing the tournament. I can see that way of thinking, because AieL was the leader and favorite to win the tournament. However, a similar situation occured over a year ago in Chosin (SOCOM tacmap). Upon the final meeting before the playoffs, UF staff and directors learned that TNU was behind the development of Chaos Tactics. They learned about this Sunday night. Before the semi-final match between 101 and TNU, which was on Monday night, TNU was removed and banned from Urgent Fury because of a conflict of interest. As many of you all remember, this created a schism between the community for a little bit. Clans argued that the decision tainted the tournament, while others supported it. However, in this case there was no written rule at the time. It was sort of an implied rule based upon what happened previously between UF and CT. After the ruling, rules were created and publically posted for all to be aware of. If the staff and directors didn't want to kick AieL out because they did not want to tarnish the tournament, what was the reasoning behind booting out TNU within 24 hours of learning of the information? I have a hunch, and it's because Chaos Tactics is in direct competition with Urgent Fury and directly effects the directors's business. Now, if you look at the people arguing against the ruling today, aren't these pretty much clans that are in the heat of the tacmap race? That kind of sounds like bias, doesn't it?

Another ruling was in the final BLACK championship match on SOCOM: Confrontation. We were playing ScK for all the marbles, and after the match, their leader confirmed they had a ringer playing under his name. He openly admitted it, kudos to him and their clan. As a result, they were banned for I believe 3 months. He claims he did give out his password, but it was not for the intent to war. Even still, they were banned for 3 months of play.

The thing that bothers me the most here, is that there was a specific ruling created over a year ago that fits this situaton to a T. Bandit and staff created this rule and posted it in pretty much every single board on UF. They have a zero tolerance policy with rent a players. When the staff is presented with material that clearly demonstrates rules were broken, they failed to follow through with their own rules that they have created. To step aside for a moment, Shane I really don't understand your reasoning behind, "...throwing the tide." Are you really serious about this statement? As someone mentioned earlier, did they have to be MVP of the match for it to be considered game altering? It's like saying, "He only tested positive for steroids once, so only a few home runs were tainted." Come on now, that is an illogical thought.

Anyway, I will end with enforcing the theme of this response. We are subject to bias. However, as staff members and directors of a tournament site, it is their responsibility to act in an unbiased mindset, as stated in their code of conduct. However, in my honest and humble opinion, I clearly believe they did not uphold their responsibility.

Edited by Matty2D

You are right we only talked with the Neautral partied Admin, otherwise favortism would have been called on any ruling. And as Stated now for the 4th time, the punishment is a repeat of the same incident that happened by another clan in the past tournament. We set the precedent then and we followed that. Where were you guys then, why is it ok then but not now, I don't know.

And we have accepted the resignation of Staff member Backlash

At this point I am really not adding any value posting in this thread...

As for throwing the tide I ment these gunners got all of the kills and never lost a round.[/QUOTE]

THATS JUST SILLY NOW. do sweeps count as not losing a round? and getting ALL the kills is not possible we all know that, but to get 75 kills i think is almost ALL the kills.