Ruling on A Formal Complaint and Breaking of the Rules

As for the bottom line statements, which Path and his roommate or ex roommate, something like that, that seem to be everyone's fuel for our decision:

lol wow classy stuff there, obviously you have been talking my former clan's leader. Automatically trying to make a connection of some conspiracy theory, because I know pathogen in real life. Did your source happen to tell you why i left the former clan? It was because of principles. where what was written vs what was being set into motion were completely seperate ( IMO). Much like what the 3 clans who backed have an issue with, the principles. If you want more info than contact me directly. YES i was considering UF from day one. I even reached out to several of the clans associated with the UF tourney trying to build friendships, and to give my guys the UF experience in preperation for future enrolment in UF. So to imply that there is an motive of fueling a fire because of knowing some in real life is absurd

as for bottom line, 90+ people being turned off will directly affect your traffic, CPA programs, UF store etc.. UF may not be dependent on donations and such for their bottom line, but anyone with a hint of website knowledge clearly understands how profitable traffic is.

haha just to put some perspective into things for those who dont know the topic my clan is only 2 months with about 40 active registered users and about 15 clan members. The site is generating an avg of about $6 dollars/mnth and i only had one CPA ad displaying not 10.... nor do i have the sponsors and affiliate programs like a UF or GB sites. Also, if a site isnt profitable then why would someone "buy/sell" a site? If it is a concept, the idea/concept can always be carried over to w/e web domain/host.

You all are saying that we were "digging" to find out this information, but in fact it was blatantly obvious. After our match last week (Nuketown TDM against AieL), in which some of the "ringers" participated in. We noticed that the player card emblems for the "ringers" were all identical. They all had N3 as their player card emblem. So, I quick google search of "N3 and the "ringers" name lead to their GB page, and lead to all of this basically.

Just figured I would point that out..

If this was said by mike initially it would have made a lot more sense. There is a big different between "someone recognized a name from a GB roster" and "they had identical player cards with N3 on them in our war lobby". Your comment makes complete and total sense, and I can see how that would get the ball rolling.

I just took a long hot shower and reflected over my many years as part of the UF community, and how many times I've rallied against cheaters sullying the name of the tournament. But maybe we are just old fashioned. Maybe we are the Old Guard. I, and a lot of people, come from a history of Socom where clans were truly tight knit, when clan pride meant everything...when you went to battle with the same people day in, day out, and you hosted rooms displaying your banner proudly! But times have changed. Now we've got the Halo style, the COD style gunners who can noob respawn and use advantages in the game, etc etc. We have a diluted pool of honorable players now and maybe this is becoming the norm, the natural progression of online shooting. I feel like Obi-Wan commenting on the light saber as an "elegant weapon, for a more civilized age". I guess kids, and clans these days, are opting for the blaster..looking for the quick and sneaky win.

If this was said by mike initially it would have made a lot more sense. There is a big different between "someone recognized a name from a GB roster" and "they had identical player cards with N3 on them in our war lobby". Your comment makes complete and total sense, and I can see how that would get the ball rolling.

I do believe Mike mentioned this somewhere, but I am unsure where. I simply re-stated it, so it is known thar we were not "digging". It was more obvious if anything.

Edited by HeaT_

I really don't understand how I'm fueling the fire, Shane. So far this has been one of the most constructive "drama" threads in UF history....all parties have made well thought out posts and there has been no REAL mudslinging until you make your accusations against me (keeping on with your agenda of disliking me). Everyone here is just stating how they believe in a civilized fashion, and it is truly commendable that they have done so. So you are saying because I know bamboochimp in real life, I control his actions? If that were so why, then, upon his dropping the SHO tag did he not apply for VR? Bamboo is a big boy, he formulates his own mind and opinions. He formed his own clan and website, scrimmaged against us to gauge his small clan's readiness level to participate in the UFGL and then apply for a tournament here in the future. He is on quite a few UF clan websites with introductions, offers for scrimmages, and was committed to bring ROA into the fold. You would have at least agreed with that path, no?

I just wish this threat wouldnt have gone as far as having a Staff member resign. Thats just my thoughts on everything.

I agree. I hate to have backlash resign.

We all can keep posting in this thread but it will not change the outcome of what has happened here. Let's try to save as much as possible, and move on from this.

I am very disappointed in clans leaving, but there is nothing that can be done now.

I agree. I hate to have backlash resign.

We all can keep posting in this thread but it will not change the outcome of what has happened here. Let's try to save as much as possible, and move on from this.

I am very disappointed in clans leaving, but there is nothing that can be done now.

You can always make your decision right by admitting your mistake & upholding the rules that are in place.

All of these posts and the withdrawals are ridiculous, it doesn't make you look like you have any better morals or anything by leaving. If anything after all of this you should want to get in there and kick them out of the tournament by the points of your guns. UF cannot tell a team how to run or how to recruit players into their clan, they can only offer solid advice on how to approach such matters. With that said I'm unsure why people are making such a big deal out of it, they had players on their team that didn't belong and UF took them off and offered ways to reverse some of the damage. If you are blaming those players for beating your entire clan so be it. When i first started playing in UF i also did game battles with a few of my friends that live near me, however i played on a different team for Urgent Fury so i could play socom and i was never kicked off of rosters never got in trouble even though i was technically the leader of another team. What was done here was honestly the only fair thing we could do, and it seems like since said team is in first place people are jumping at the chance to put themselves one slot higher in the standings. As far as im concerned the players were removed and that should be the end of it, you have your opportunity to get your POW's back, and you still have the opportunity to win. So get in there fight it out and show them what your made of. This is a lesson that taught the community a little bit more on how to approach these situations and what we consider GB teams to be, honestly i feel like GB should never even be posted on this site as we have nothing to do with them therefore all teams there have nothing to do with us, you can even be on more than one team at a time over there if that clears anything up for you. You play here you play by UF rules, one team, one chance to win, and knowing the fact that if anything is proven wrong on another team we will address the situation in a timely manner. THESE ARE VIDEO GAMES GUYS! You paid 60 bucks to play and have fun, i know every time i lose i always accuse the other team of cheating lag switching bad connection etc... this i feel is just an extension of that. LETS JUST PLAY!

I suggest you take another look at what i wrote, dont skim, dont stop when you dont like something i wrote read the whole thing. Nika it should be fairly obvious where i got this info at seeing uf staff next to my name. MIKE the rule says UF gunners above it NNN are not from another uf clan so that doesnt apply to them. FC if your really cared at all about the other teams and having a fun time like you say you do, you would just keep playing. Pathogen if you think we are too small to get recognized by SONY, go to playstation home theater ten... remember guys we are here to pay a game and have fun. also the motto, win with honor LOSE WITH DIGNITY, leaving during a tournament is not losing with dignity so honestly before you go saying all this stuff about how we arent upholding the motto, maybe you should take a crack at it and come back. There really is no need for any more posts about how UF is wrong, its plain and simple they took care of the problem, and offered ways to fix it there was no need to kick a team out. This is not your tournament site, so what mom and dad said you cant have a cookie sure it will make you mad when you cant have it, but in the end mom and dad know best when later youll still have an appetite for a healthy dinner.

Edited by lX-WOLF-D0G-Xl

it seems pretty straight forward in the rules that if a clan is found using rent-a-players or ringers that they will be removed from the tournament!! even on gb if a clan or group of people uses ringers, that clans roster is LOCKED and they cannot do matches. I myself play in gb but not on teams with a whole f****** website and forums and registration, i can come and go as i please. seems to me that Aiel should've been removed from the tournament as it states in the rule. IMO they knew what they were doing and they used that whole "merger" excuse as a way to get out of it. Whoever the winner of this tournament is will have a very hollow victory since three clans dropped out. I didn't even know what UF was when i first applied for this clan when a friend begged me to join, but i thought it was cool that a website stood for winning and not being dickheads and losing and not saying "were gonna say that we won". but i guess its still not the case and people still use shady tactics to get ahead. ha, good luck to the rest of the clans in the tournament.

Wolf-Dog the UF Gunners and Clans is an address to the community not who it limits to adding to the roster. This is clearly stated here:

"If a team knowingly puts a player on their roster and it is proven that they know is on another Socom clans roster anywhere" The term anywhere clearly sums that up.

I really don't understand how I'm fueling the fire, Shane. So far this has been one of the most constructive "drama" threads in UF history....all parties have made well thought out posts and there has been no REAL mudslinging until you make your accusations against me (keeping on with your agenda of disliking me). Everyone here is just stating how they believe in a civilized fashion, and it is truly commendable that they have done so. So you are saying because I know bamboochimp in real life, I control his actions? If that were so why, then, upon his dropping the SHO tag did he not apply for VR? Bamboo is a big boy, he formulates his own mind and opinions. He formed his own clan and website, scrimmaged against us to gauge his small clan's readiness level to participate in the UFGL and then apply for a tournament here in the future. He is on quite a few UF clan websites with introductions, offers for scrimmages, and was committed to bring ROA into the fold. You would have at least agreed with that path, no?

(sarcasm) nah pathogen your wrong, i am incapable of making decisions for myself and you are the puppet master that controls my strings. In fact your the one to blame for the 3 clans 90+ people that are affected by the course of action that UF staff has taken. I am willing to bet that you even had some factor in the final decision.

Also, there is also no reason y shane would need to agree with the path i am leading RoA. After ALL self-fulfilling prophecies are true.... In all seriousness maybe thats y a snide comment to a person who shane has no knowledge or history with, and Aiel is allowed to use ringers in a UF w/o the consquences. BUt then again the UF staff (sorry to the other staff who arent involved) makes sure they are unbiased..... i guess better grab my boots.

Its just sad to see -VR- drop out of something. I have never been apart of -VR- but they are the ones that shown me what UF was and if it wasnt for them i would of never met some of the great people i have. All im trying to say is people find out about this place by word of mouth and you dont want people running there mouth about something this redicoulous (sp?)

I suggest you take another look at what i wrote, dont skim, dont stop when you dont like something i wrote read the whole thing. Nika it should be fairly obvious where i got this info at seeing uf staff next to my name. MIKE the rule says UF gunners above it NNN are not from another uf clan so that doesnt apply to them. FC if your really cared at all about the other teams and having a fun time like you say you do, you would just keep playing. Pathogen if you think we are too small to get recognized by SONY, go to playstation home theater ten... remember guys we are here to pay a game and have fun. also the motto, win with honor LOSE WITH DIGNITY, leaving during a tournament is not losing with dignity so honestly before you go saying all this stuff about how we arent upholding the motto, maybe you should take a crack at it and come back. There really is no need for any more posts about how UF is wrong, its plain and simple they took care of the problem, and offered ways to fix it there was no need to kick a team out. This is not your tournament site, so what mom and dad said you cant have a cookie sure it will make you mad when you cant have it, but in the end mom and dad know best when later youll still have an appetite for a healthy dinner.

the motto, win with honor LOSE WITH DIGNITY,

seems that has no meaning now..why lose with DIGNITY when another clan can't WIN WITH HONOR?

the motto, win with honor LOSE WITH DIGNITY,

seems that has no meaning now..why lose with DIGNITY when another clan can't WIN WITH HONOR?

so your saying that you dont want to follow the rules? nobody is forcing you to make that choice, you decide to make that choice in your own right AIEL is not at fault for you backing out, you are. You can blame who you want but at the end of the day your the one pulling the trigger

it seems pretty straight forward in the rules that if a clan is found using rent-a-players or ringers that they will be removed from the tournament!! even on gb if a clan or group of people uses ringers, that clans roster is LOCKED and they cannot do matches. I myself play in gb but not on teams with a whole f****** website and forums and registration, i can come and go as i please. seems to me that Aiel should've been removed from the tournament as it states in the rule. IMO they knew what they were doing and they used that whole "merger" excuse as a way to get out of it. Whoever the winner of this tournament is will have a very hollow victory since three clans dropped out. I didn't even know what UF was when i first applied for this clan when a friend begged me to join, but i thought it was cool that a website stood for winning and not being dickheads and losing and not saying "were gonna say that we won". but i guess its still not the case and people still use shady tactics to get ahead. ha, good luck to the rest of the clans in the tournament.

VaLuR-

You were one of the players that were mentioned at the beginning of the tournament that should be looked into because you played at GB. So just remember you were thrown into this same crowd of players from GB.

You were cleared to play, there was no reason to keep you out. Maybe the rules should be changed so no one from GB can play here, that will not happen.

In this situation, where AieL is in the wrong deals with not being upfront they were working on a merger. If all this information was presented ahead of time, then we would have no issues whatsoever. AieL did not inform the ADMINS of their intention, so the players were removed, returned POWS and we tried to move forward.