Ruling on A Formal Complaint and Breaking of the Rules

The part you quoted about playing on a different team for a different game is UF exclusive, the rule that Bandit posted deals with clans taking players from outside the realm of UF that are in other clans.

And we didn't withdraw from UF, we simply withdrew from a tournament.

Edited by mikejaxon

You know what is hilarious in this whole thing is that people wanna talk soooo bad about UF and how hideous these re-actions to actions are but you can't stop posting here! You left the tournament, I'm assuming the community after the harsh words and allegations. Again something you quit from, left, supposedly aren't a part of anymore. Or, in chimpos case something you were never even involved in and now don't want anything to do with. For once, to those who love this drama and attention, if you really want to make a point, make your decision and live up to it. Leave, don't look back, stop trying to bash something you don't agree with. You said what you wanted to say, made your points, over and over and over. So why do you care what other people think? Why do you want to keep going with this? The ones still here HAVE something to keep posting about, they are still here, they are still playing, they are letting the admins run THEIR tournament. Please spare the references to "trying to let the community know" or making it sound like you are trying to be knights in shinning armor and are doing this honorable thing. It would be nice for once to see the honorable thing be done and people actually DO what they say they are going to do when they say they are leaving. Personally do I agree with the punishment ? No way. I think it's way too soft and something more should be done. But at the end of the day it's not my decision and the only choice I have is to play or not. Why can't people leave it at that and either leave or don't leave ?

Why you have an agenda is speculative at best, but in my opinion it's because some are pissed they spent 5-6 weeks trying to prove this, finally did (which is great because I do think AIEL got caught tryin to do something they knew wasn't proper) but now that the punishment isn't as severe as they were expecting they are pissed and left the tournament. Ok, I can even see people doing that and be ok with it. But this nonsense of sticking around and trying to rally the community to support your choice to spend over a month snooping and digging up "proof" is just ridiculous. You did the job, you did it well, proved the point ... but now that it didn't go your way 100% just move on guys, leave like you said and do whatever is next in line for your clans.

I STILL hope UF and admins/staff, whoever will look more into this situation and punish AIEL more than what they got. They broke a serious rule, tried to use a pretty weak defense to justify it, but the only thing that is really taken from them are the people that shouldn't be on the roster to begin with ... so what kind of "punishment" is that? It's not one, it's fixing what shouldn't have happened, NOT punishing a clan for their actions. If any of you have kids it's easier to understand. It's like letting your kid steal candy from a store, but his only "punishment" is making him return the candy. You're going to have a problem child if that's how you punish wrong doings.

I STILL hope UF and admins/staff, whoever will look more into this situation and punish AIEL more than what they got. They broke a serious rule, tried to use a pretty weak defense to justify it, but the only thing that is really taken from them are the people that shouldn't be on the roster to begin with ... so what kind of "punishment" is that? It's not one, it's fixing what shouldn't have happened, NOT punishing a clan for their actions. If any of you have kids it's easier to understand. It's like letting your kid steal candy from a store, but his only "punishment" is making him return the candy. You're going to have a problem child if that's how you punish wrong doings.

@rage,

what does our personal differences have to do with this topic. If you want to vent or w/e, u should have taken the opportunity to reconcile our differences when i tried to reopen those doors of communication. this isnt the time, place, or vector to discuss past events between you and I. The door is still open if u want to talk about things.

@rage's comment

I agree 100% with your last PP , and to go a step further for your analogy it is like the guys who broke into my house tied me up, and almost executed me. They had a rap sheet that was over 40 pages long, filled with violent crimes. A slap on the wrist only reinforces the negative behaviors...

I agree that a serious rule has been broken

Edited by [RoA] Bamboochimp

Shane your moral compass is so skewed it's not even funny. Every post you make is ripe with alterior motives. Valur played in quads and small team ladders, which is explicitly written in that same rule it is allowed. Just like in the Staff section, you can't read your own rules. Maybe because you didn't write them...I did hahaha. Congratulations, you've assumed the role of Demo Dick of the new regime. No matter what AC or John try to do to make this place better, you come along as the "voice" of the directors and everyone just laughs at your posts. It's pretty sad when behind the scenes at least one, if not both of the other directors had to coordinate with members of the Staff to stand against you to stop posting your garbage. I believe that resulted in you stating you'd take a step back and just pay the bills? That was a lie, because here we sit listening to your pompous bull crap yet again.

If you would read the rules clearly and stop looking with your $$$ blinders on, then you'd see that what AieL has done is illegal. They actively recruited members and HANDED them tags, including putting them on their roster before any application was posted. Your only proof that they are merging is the emails that Caracarn provided, the second of which DIRECTLY contradicts Caracarn's entire bull crap story. Even assuming that in bizzaro world this was true and they are merging, they again broke the rules. They put players on their roster and warred for THREE weeks with them, when no merger was formally announced. Mergers must be announced and clans that merge must go through an evaluation before ever being granted access to a Tac Map. During those 3 weeks they went from being 1 territory ahead of 2 clans, to a much larger lead, as well as taking a bulk of their notable POW's.

You can try to skew this with "you guys are trying to get rid of someone because you're losing." AieL is not invincible and to lead everyone on that this fallout has to do with any prowess they might have on a VIDEO game just shows how ridiculous you truly are. You keep citing the rule, but that bottom part about UF clans and being able to play other games with another UF clan if your own does not support it, does NOT apply at all. That has to do with a situation like with Disfisk, where he is a member of KoH on Socom Confrontation. KoH does not play Black Ops, so Dis was allowed to join LPK to play Black Ops per the rule. That portion of the rule has NO bearing on players playing on two clans on the SAME damn game.

I'm so over the bull. Everyone can bash Undertow until the days end, but at least Tow had the damn spine to do what was right and not worry about how kicking a "tournament leader" would appear to the sponsors and incoming players. It would look better to the sponsors if you took a stand against cheaters, instead of trying not to make waves. Believe me this decision made more waves than anything you could have done and ultimately it will continue in the future as long as you conduct yourself like the village idiot. UF has always taken a hard line stance against cheaters and because the decision to follow through on a rule would possibly turn out bad in public perception, you chose to keep AieL here for the sake of finishing the tournament. Yet when someone posed a threat to UF, you removed them from the tournament on the eve of the championship (TNU) and that decision was made in mere hours.

Again the hypocrisy runs rampant and THIS is why I stepped down from Staff. I won't be a part of the ugly path that UF will head after this ruling. In the future what will stop clans from just building the biggest and baddest team of GB gunners to compete here? JyK is no longer here for doing this. Clans like OK and many others were removed for doing this. Now it's deemed acceptable? That kills everything that us UF loyalists loved. UF was a place to get away from the GB mentality. I guess a year from now when the site traffic is off the charts and all the gb types are here, you'll know what I mean. I envision a day in UF very soon where clans will be disbanding and re-forming, hopping left and right to new clans, just like it happens at GB. It takes the whole unique aura of UF out of the fold and we become merely a more structured version of GB. The community has always voiced it's thoughts here at UF and for it to fall on deaf ears was never acceptable. It won't be acceptable now, nor ever in the eyes of this veteran of UF since the beginning.

Good day to you as well Shane "Demo Dick" Bell.

Shane your moral compass is so skewed it's not even funny. Every post you make is ripe with alterior motives. Valur played in quads and small team ladders, which is explicitly written in that same rule it is allowed. Just like in the Staff section, you can't read your own rules. Maybe because you didn't write them...I did hahaha. Congratulations, you've assumed the role of Demo Dick of the new regime. No matter what AC or John try to do to make this place better, you come along as the "voice" of the directors and everyone just laughs at your posts. It's pretty sad when behind the scenes at least one, if not both of the other directors had to coordinate with members of the Staff to stand against you to stop posting your garbage. I believe that resulted in you stating you'd take a step back and just pay the bills? That was a lie, because here we sit listening to your pompous bull crap yet again.

If you would read the rules clearly and stop looking with your $$$ blinders on, then you'd see that what AieL has done is illegal. They actively recruited members and HANDED them tags, including putting them on their roster before any application was posted. Your only proof that they are merging is the emails that Caracarn provided, the second of which DIRECTLY contradicts Caracarn's entire bull crap story. Even assuming that in bizzaro world this was true and they are merging, they again broke the rules. They put players on their roster and warred for THREE weeks with them, when no merger was formally announced. Mergers must be announced and clans that merge must go through an evaluation before ever being granted access to a Tac Map. During those 3 weeks they went from being 1 territory ahead of 2 clans, to a much larger lead, as well as taking a bulk of their notable POW's.

You can try to skew this with "you guys are trying to get rid of someone because you're losing." AieL is not invincible and to lead everyone on that this fallout has to do with any prowess they might have on a VIDEO game just shows how ridiculous you truly are. You keep citing the rule, but that bottom part about UF clans and being able to play other games with another UF clan if your own does not support it, does NOT apply at all. That has to do with a situation like with Disfisk, where he is a member of KoH on Socom Confrontation. KoH does not play Black Ops, so Dis was allowed to join LPK to play Black Ops per the rule. That portion of the rule has NO bearing on players playing on two clans on the SAME damn game.

I'm so over the bull. Everyone can bash Undertow until the days end, but at least Tow had the damn spine to do what was right and not worry about how kicking a "tournament leader" would appear to the sponsors and incoming players. It would look better to the sponsors if you took a stand against cheaters, instead of trying not to make waves. Believe me this decision made more waves than anything you could have done and ultimately it will continue in the future as long as you conduct yourself like the village idiot. UF has always taken a hard line stance against cheaters and because the decision to follow through on a rule would possibly turn out bad in public perception, you chose to keep AieL here for the sake of finishing the tournament. Yet when someone posed a threat to UF, you removed them from the tournament on the eve of the championship (TNU) and that decision was made in mere hours.

Again the hypocrisy runs rampant and THIS is why I stepped down from Staff. I won't be a part of the ugly path that UF will head after this ruling. In the future what will stop clans from just building the biggest and baddest team of GB gunners to compete here? JyK is no longer here for doing this. Clans like OK and many others were removed for doing this. Now it's deemed acceptable? That kills everything that us UF loyalists loved. UF was a place to get away from the GB mentality. I guess a year from now when the site traffic is off the charts and all the gb types are here, you'll know what I mean. I envision a day in UF very soon where clans will be disbanding and re-forming, hopping left and right to new clans, just like it happens at GB. It takes the whole unique aura of UF out of the fold and we become merely a more structured version of GB. The community has always voiced it's thoughts here at UF and for it to fall on deaf ears was never acceptable. It won't be acceptable now, nor ever in the eyes of this veteran of UF since the beginning.

@Lash You are the fucking man bro.

Thanks YMBF, I'm just trying to do what's right by my clan and this community I have fought so hard for years for.

This will be my last post on the topic, but there's a statute in law that reads something along the lines of:

If the accused remains silent, it is then assumed that they agree with their guilt.

Bravo Lash!

Standing Ovation!

Thanks YMBF, I'm just trying to do what's right by my clan and this community I have fought so hard for years for.

This will be my last post on the topic, but there's a statute in law that reads something along the lines of:

If the accused remains silent, it is then assumed that they agree with their guilt.

@Lash- Im with you all the way on that man.

@Caracarn- This is aimed right at you bro and i hope you read this. I hope your sitting behind your computer and are happy at what you and your clan is doing to this community. You have single handly destroyed a tournament and are single handly destroying a community. If you were a true man and a true clan leader you would step out of the shadows and speak up on the topic that has been brought forth. So again i hope you read this and i hope it hurts deep down inside your core. If i get banned for this so be it but i came here because i knew there was no other place for me when i was a clan leader. For the time i have been apart of UF not just as a Clan leader but just as a member in general i have tried to help out as much as i possibly could becaue i love this community but with people like AieL lurking around it makes this community fall apart. Carcarn you are a virus that needs to be taken out of UF

actually i did provide proof to johnson30 when i talked to him on the phone for 30 minutes the day after the 1st set of wars in this tourny. at the time i had no pc to email him what i found but i laid out VERY clear directions on how to find the gamebattles profiles of the 2 aiel players and yes at the time the one vr player ( shes no longer on the gb team ) that i found to be currently on gb teams, one of the aiel players was a LEADER of a gb team and the other was a co-leader. i provided exact team names and player names, as well as one players second psn name and all the teams he was on currently. yet after all that im sorry i couldnt spoon feed the info directly to you with a direct link but like i said at that specific time i was waiting to get my laptop back from toshiba, however i find it VERY amusing that the week folloing me never hearing a response form ace or johnson about what i found i got my laptop back on went on thier gb profiles and magically like it never happened thier accounts were gone.... hmmm seems liek someone was given a heads up. For even more specific details the 2 aiel players were macandjacks and sandman who has a second psn called oApollo.

@Caracarn- This is aimed right at you bro and i hope you read this. I hope your sitting behind your computer and are happy at what you and your clan is doing to this community. You have single handly destroyed a tournament and are single handly destroying a community. If you were a true man and a true clan leader you would step out of the shadows and speak up on the topic that has been brought forth. So again i hope you read this and i hope it hurts deep down inside your core. If i get banned for this so be it but i came here because i knew there was no other place for me when i was a clan leader. For the time i have been apart of UF not just as a Clan leader but just as a member in general i have tried to help out as much as i possibly could becaue i love this community but with people like AieL lurking around it makes this community fall apart. Carcarn you are a virus that needs to be taken out of UF

Another standing O. Wow YMNBF, you got a sack on you.

actually i did provide proof to johnson30 when i talked to him on the phone for 30 minutes the day after the 1st set of wars in this tourny. at the time i had no pc to email him what i found but i laid out VERY clear directions on how to find the gamebattles profiles of the 2 aiel players and yes at the time the one vr player ( shes no longer on the gb team ) that i found to be currently on gb teams, one of the aiel players was a LEADER of a gb team and the other was a co-leader. i provided exact team names and player names, as well as one players second psn name and all the teams he was on currently. yet after all that im sorry i couldnt spoon feed the info directly to you with a direct link but like i said at that specific time i was waiting to get my laptop back from toshiba, however i find it VERY amusing that the week folloing me never hearing a response form ace or johnson about what i found i got my laptop back on went on thier gb profiles and magically like it never happened thier accounts were gone.... hmmm seems liek someone was given a heads up. For even more specific details the 2 aiel players were macandjacks and sandman who has a second psn called oApollo.

"AieL ringer count: 6"

• Directors

So I was not going to post anymore but you are now starting to do personal attacks...

So atleast get your facts straight the final decision on this was John's, we had several discussions about it along with staff members that had no berings on the results (meaning their clans were not going to result in anything from the ruling)

I could care less about the $$$ blinders you keep bringing up, there is no requirement for AIEL to inform of that there is a pending merger, should there be? Well now we are going to talk about this... When LPK and WP merged, there were no special requrements... their name did not change just like AIEL's name is not changing... that was a factor in this whole deal.

Should have AIEL came to Johnson and maybe consulted first, yes. What we have told them... you are going to have to wait before you put them on the roster. Is there any where in writing where UF tells a clan how to do their recruiting process? no.

Do we expect a clan to be responsible for their gunners yes. Do we respect that when a Leader tells us they are a part of their clan, well we try too.

Now for my personal opinion on this matter and you can ask many of the staff they know. Do I care what a Clans members are doing on other sites like GB, EBZ, The little ladders that could... No... I don't think it is our business to tell gunners that you can't play with your friends elsewhere... My main concern is how those gunners act here at Urgent Fury.

Does that open a can of worms, of course it does.

As for the constant reference to JYK, from how it was explained to me by several staff members... they had a roster full of fake names and people would play under them IE a ringer.

You can call me Demo Dick all you want, I really don't know who he is or really need too, that was before my time as clan rep so I had no involement.

What bothers me the most about all of this is,

1. If this was such a big issue, why was it not brought up in the clan rep section immediately when it was found...
  2. When we kept saying give us some time to discuss this you pushed and pushed for a ruling, so John did.
  3. Why can't you just move on as you stated you guys were?

If I have to be the fall guy for this, ok, I will... since that is what you want.

@Cereal- I say what i have to say and i call out who i have to call out and i dont give a shit who's feelings i hurt. When there are people like this in a community it just pisses me the hell off. Like i said if i get banned for standing up for this community then fuck it i will find some where else to go but there is no way in hell i will leave this community without dragging that fucking virus out with me.

WRONG technically she is a full fledged VR memeber who posted a app looking for a clan, not in any other active clans. She does not wear any other tags and particitpates with frineds. so if anything shes a rent a player to GB not UF. get your facts and rules straight fellas.

she has gone through a very extended tryoput process lasting over 2 weeks. Theres a HUGE difference in these to situations SO now the admins will try to flip the script....GO for it. thats what weve come to expect. you dont need to worry about removing her from the tourney BECAUSE we already left.

I don't say a whole lot here and I know this is a waste of my time.

But, I've been around these parts since around the end of UF 2, when I joined the now defunct APC, under a different name. I used to truelly enjoy coming to this site and seeing what was up with the other clans that we competed with.

And, at one time UF did feel like it was hallowed ground. We had a great group of people sure we had our differences and arguments. But, when there was a ruling made from on high it was always firm yet fair.

But, it just seems like that after some things were mishandled during the debacle that was UF 3, this community has slowly started going down hill. Now, it's no longer about what is fair to all.

It seems that the rulings are more about what's "fair" and in favor to the clan in question. Or, as of lately, "what's good for business" per say. I have always been a loyal member of this community from day one.

But, this is straight up nonsense.

There is an old norse saying that still stands to day and I myself live by day in and day out- We are our deeds.

So, Aiel wants to try and stack the deck in there favor after they were getting thier asses readily handed to them, by bringing members from another clan elsewhere "to assist with UF" as one of the afore mentioned players in question stated. There was no mention of a merger or anything snazzy like that. Until, after the fact that the U brought these four and only four players to light.

Now, last time I checked when two clans merge more than just four people come over and the clan that ceases to be, shuts down operations. I was part of the APC and R7 merger that formed RVN and we had quite a few folks from both clans join and others that were sent packing by their relative clans before the merge and that's exactly what happened there.

But, back to my point, We are our deeds.

So Aiel breaks a major rule, that is a deed that show's that they are not an honorable member of this community and have no worth, They are scoffing at "the old guard" and all that we believed in and UF stood for.

And, yet here is the "directors" stating ok, they broke a rule. But, the three clans that are taking a stand, mine being one is just doing it because they, Aiel, are winning. Really? Get a clue.

We don't care if they were or weren't "winning", if they get caught they get caught and should face a severe punishment not, "Oh, hey guys those four guys can't play anymore and everyone can get their POW's back. If you can prove that these guys were playing when you lost."

So, we are expected to turn a blind eye to this because the directors and "staff" say we're supposed to?

Which brings up the question where is your honor?

You're going to let a team that was caught cheating by breaking your rules that were set down in writting continue to compete in a tourney because they are "winning"? Give me a break.

That is a deed that is just as bad or worse than what Aiel did and yet you demand respect. I'm sorry but, respect is earned not given on demand. And, I have no respect for you at all.

We Are Our Deeds..... think about it

I don't say a whole lot here and I know this is a waste of my time.

But, I've been around these parts since around the end of UF 2, when I joined the now defunct APC, under a different name. I used to truelly enjoy coming to this site and seeing what was up with the other clans that we competed with.

And, at one time UF did feel like it was hallowed ground. We had a great group of people sure we had our differences and arguments. But, when there was a ruling made from on high it was always firm yet fair.

But, it just seems like that after some things were mishandled during the debacle that was UF 3, this community has slowly started going down hill. Now, it's no longer about what is fair to all.

It seems that the rulings are more about what's "fair" and in favor to the clan in question. Or, as of lately, "what's good for business" per say. I have always been a loyal member of this community from day one.

But, this is straight up nonsense.

There is an old norse saying that still stands to day and I myself live by day in and day out- We are our deeds.

So, Aiel wants to try and stack the deck in there favor after they were getting thier asses readily handed to them, by bringing members from another clan elsewhere "to assist with UF" as one of the afore mentioned players in question stated. There was no mention of a merger or anything snazzy like that. Until, after the fact that the U brought these four and only four players to light.

Now, last time I checked when two clans merge more than just four people come over and the clan that ceases to be, shuts down operations. I was part of the APC and R7 merger that formed RVN and we had quite a few folks from both clans join and others that were sent packing by their relative clans before the merge and that's exactly what happened there.

But, back to my point, We are our deeds.

So Aiel breaks a major rule, that is a deed that show's that they are not an honorable member of this community and have no worth, They are scoffing at "the old guard" and all that we believed in and UF stood for.

And, yet here is the "directors" stating ok, they broke a rule. But, the three clans that are taking a stand, mine being one is just doing it because they, Aiel, are winning. Really? Get a clue.

We don't care if they were or weren't "winning", if they get caught they get caught and should face a severe punishment not, "Oh, hey guys those four guys can't play anymore and everyone can get their POW's back. If you can prove that these guys were playing when you lost."

So, we are expected to turn a blind eye to this because the directors and "staff" say we're supposed to?

Which brings up the question where is your honor?

You're going to let a team that was caught cheating by breaking your rules that were set down in writting continue to compete in a tourney because they are "winning"? Give me a break.

That is a deed that is just as bad or worse than what Aiel did and yet you demand respect. I'm sorry but, respect is earned not given on demand. And, I have no respect for you at all.

We Are Our Deeds..... think about it

Waste of time? I think not. Possibly one of the best replies to this non-sense of a thread and ruling yet.

• Directors

Just to make it clear, we have not issued the punishment to AIEL yet, we only stated they would not be booted from the tournament. As that was addressed so that clans knew whether or not to go to a scheduled match.