• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy playing both modes. Theirs nothing like spawn trapping an entire team and dropping 50 kills on them, lol.

Thank you for reminding me why I never played respawn. :) I'm hoping to get a beta tomorrow and get on this shit. Let me ask you this though in classic mode are the claymores still of the laser style like cods or is it remote like old school socom? I heard there is no friendly fire on claymores which is bull. That is so not realistic. How can a claymore tell the difference between friend or foe. Yes I just name dropped a terrible game show.

Not woot Insidious. That is disappointing to hear for the loyalists. If you really think about it, laser triggered claymores is the most unrealistic thing ever. Call me an old timer but I want socom not a cod hybrid. If I want to play a fast paced more arcadish game I'll pop in cod, but when I look for realistic, strategic gameplay, I look to Socom. Either way I'm sure I'll be seeing you Helix boys on Socom. I'm jonesing for anything not COD right now lol.

Yes there are lasers on claymores, and yes the pmn and claymore can differentiate between enemy and friendly.

Classic is definitely the only thing keeping this beta afloat for me. I will put it this way to anyone wondering how the game is, I can only play for an hour or hour and half before i have to turn this game off (usually a rage quit). For retrospect i could play confrontation 4-5 hours at a time. This game definitely could turn out good if zipper listens to the community. Everyone on the beta forums are saying the same thing (get rid of tap to talk, back the camera angle up, hipfire accuracy, etc.).

I have been playing the beta (with the exception of today because of prior commitments) from 4 in the afternoon till 2 in the morning. I love it but it does need some work in several areas. Not a major overhaul but a lot of little stuff. The people on the beta boards are fighting for it. To each their own but for respawn is just not a part of the game I am interested in at all. One huge thing this beta has going for it is I haven't froze or been booted one single time. I have also noticed very little if any lag.

Edited by Crusty_Demons

Not woot Insidious. That is disappointing to hear for the loyalists. If you really think about it, laser triggered claymores is the most unrealistic thing ever. Call me an old timer but I want socom not a cod hybrid. If I want to play a fast paced more arcadish game I'll pop in cod, but when I look for realistic, strategic gameplay, I look to Socom. Either way I'm sure I'll be seeing you Helix boys on Socom. I'm jonesing for anything not COD right now lol.

I am a lotalist, but I like the clahymores.... Alot more realistic....... When I was using them in the military, they were either tripwire or motion sensor:)

I am a lotalist, but I like the clahymores.... Alot more realistic....... When I was using them in the military, they were either tripwire or motion sensor:)

Right but they couldn't tell the difference between enemies and friendlies correct?

I feel as though when PMN mines don't team kill it takes a huge aspect of the communication and teamwork that used to be there. The way it is now people people can go dropping those things all over the places with little to no care in the world.

Right but they couldn't tell the difference between enemies and friendlies correct?

I feel as though when PMN mines don't team kill it takes a huge aspect of the communication and teamwork that used to be there. The way it is now people people can go dropping those things all over the places with little to no care in the world.

True,True....I see your point now sir:) I stand corrected:)

Finally broke down?

Classic is the only way this game is meant to be played. Yes the mics need work but respawn will always be for practice and warm up in socom.

Not a true statement Crusty. This game is based on repsawn meant for the COD respawn junkies. Classic was added to give us more of a SOCOM style, and they missed big time on that. Your statement is true of the past SOCOM titles, this title is far from the SOCOM we have known in the past.

I think your right T

Zipper tried to bring an all new experience to socom but I think it fails pretty hard. As long as they listen to the community and make the changes they are calling for to classic mode it will work out in the end. The beta boards are funny because very few people even seem to care what happens with standard mode. All the huge compiled lists of problems are all based on classic mode.

Why does everyone assume that COD is all respawn? I don't know about you guys but I like to play allot of Search and Destroy on Call of Duty "which is the most popular game mode" and IS NOT RESPAWN. Honestly I think the Socom community does the most complaining out of ALL of the gaming communities out their, seriously stop bitching about the game that you know your going to be playing for the next two years, get over it. We are no longer in the ancient PS2 days, this is now and that was then, move on!

So because there are auto claymores and respawn its just like COD? Two little things? And I'm sorry but there is more than one way to detonate a claymore, ever heard of a trip wire? ITS A VIDEO GAME, sorry they didn't take the time for you to be able to rig up a 5 minute booby trap, lol. And hasn't SOCOM always had respawn? Oh no, now you can actually level up in respawn, why do you care? If you don't like respawn then go play classic, if you dont like classic then dont play the game, its that easy.

Edited by hLx INSIDIOUSx

Sidious I agree that people need to stop comparing Socom to CoD because there is only so much you can do with a military shooter. But people are mad at socom because S1 and 2 were not a very big game, but they created a cult like following and that's the only thing that kept Zipper afloat, but every socom since S2 has been a downgrade from the previous one. S3 wasn't as good as S2 but better then confrontation and so on. So they should be listening to their very loyal community because lets face it, without such a loyal community following socom 2, there would be no more zipper.

Socom 2 is like the show Firefly, but zipper has yet to give us a Serenity!!