Sid this is what brought all of us to this place many many moons ago. For your point about COD not being fully respawn you are correct sir. There is one NON respawn mode. I think the comparison to cod is a valid one. Zipper is trying to make socom more appealing to the masses. The masses currently play cod the most without a doubt. Therefore they are making socom somewhat like cod. For us old school guys we prefer the more realistic(outside of 3rd person) title available. A big thing in the old socoms was respawn was always unranked, and it was really only a warmup. This is a HUGE change. You say not to play it then. You're right I probably won't play it. My big gripe is that if they are going to add in Classic mode for us classic guys then it needs to be classic and not a basic version of the new gamestyle. However bad it is I will probably play it for a long time because I am tired of cod.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just Socom that has taken bits and pieces from COD in fact it's most all shooters these days and I for one am thankful that the Socom community is fighting it to the bitter end. It's not that COD is a bad game it's just that we love Socom because it is different and when you take that away it's just the same. I am as a gamer tired of the same if I want to play a COD style game I will go play COD because they are the best at what they do. Many others have tried and failed and they just need to learn to make their own game. Frankly COD is on borrowed time anyway I don't think they can keep churning out the same games year after year. Eventually the people are gonna get tired of it and want to play something else.

Your right COD does have search and destroy and it is the one mode in the game that closely resembles Socom. Auto claymores and respawn may be two little things but they are little things that have a huge impact on game play. No longer does anyone have to call out where they are planting a mine which has a huge impact on team work and communication. And all respawn games lack one huge thing which is also team work and communication. Unless you are playing with a clan the communication in respawn games is nonexistent which goes against everything that Socom is.

I can't tell you how many times I have been playing a Socom game with randoms and we go down four or five rounds only to come back and tie it up out of sheer team work.. And this is with completely random people. Imagine the things clans can get done in Socom.

I think Sony and Zipper are looking for that Playstation exclusive title like the XBOX has with Halo and Gears of War. Because when you think about it, the only exclusive title they have that is even close to those two titles, is the Killzone franchise. And KZ is no where near as popular as Halo or Gears of War.

I mean, they are looking for an exclusive so good, people will buy a PS3 just to play the game. And KZ is not that game. So maybe SOCOM 4 will be. The Uncharted series came close, but no cigar.

I think Sony and Zipper are looking for that Playstation exclusive title like the XBOX has with Halo and Gears of War. Because when you think about it, the only exclusive title they have that is even close to those two titles, is the Killzone franchise. And KZ is no where near as popular as Halo or Gears of War.

I mean, they are looking for an exclusive so good, people will buy a PS3 just to play the game. And KZ is not that game. So maybe SOCOM 4 will be. The Uncharted series came close, but no cigar.

SOCOM 4 is nowhere near that good in my opinion. Like I said before if you have to play the game and learn to like it it will never be great. The great games are the ones you can't turn off. If my clan is not online I have no desire to be on the beta. Game just isn't that good.

Edited by xT-BlRDx

SOCOM 4 is nowhere near that good in my opinion. Like I said before if you have to play the game and learn to like it it will never be great. The great games are the ones you can't turn off. If my clan is not online I have no desire to be on the beta. Game just isn't that good.

Gonna have to disagree with ya bro... I believe if zipper fixes some issues (cam, grenade throw, and a few other issues) and add demo this game will be great....

I am loving it!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Gonna have to disagree with ya bro... I believe if zipper fixes some issues (cam, grenade throw, and a few other issues) and add demo this game will be great....

I am loving it!

Just what we need, Demo. Another camping map for SOCOM 4. It will be just like suppression. If you die in the first minute, you will spend 6 watching you team look for the guy hiding with the bomb. Breach map and timed Objectives are the only way to make this game any better as far as the modes go. They need to change a lot of things to make the game good. They would have to remake it to make it Great.

Well, that remains to be seen.

And I'm not saying this will be their biggest title for the PS3, I am making a guess on why they added so much "extra's" to this game. To appeal to the masses.

And I'm sorry, the Socrack heads are NOT the masses.

Anyone else think sniping is difficult? Just getting the flow of it has been hard for me. I liked the rifles in COD and MAG some of the faster reload ones. Like the M21 or the Tier 1's in MAG. In S4 there's not that fast reload one. I was never the greatest shot so the I liked being able to fire quick. Also the places to get to snipe so far has been a challenge. I'll think this looks like a good spot and I get knifed. Also in the jungle map there so much crap in the way it's hard to figure out a good spot.

Anyone else think sniping is difficult? Just getting the flow of it has been hard for me. I liked the rifles in COD and MAG some of the faster reload ones. Like the M21 or the Tier 1's in MAG. In S4 there's not that fast reload one. I was never the greatest shot so the I liked being able to fire quick. Also the places to get to snipe so far has been a challenge. I'll think this looks like a good spot and I get knifed. Also in the jungle map there so much crap in the way it's hard to figure out a good spot.

Actually I am the complete opposite. I am not a sniper, but after playing S4 I think I wil be able to become a good Sniper. I hope:)

Just what we need, Demo. Another camping map for SOCOM 4. It will be just like suppression. If you die in the first minute, you will spend 6 watching you team look for the guy hiding with the bomb. Breach map and timed Objectives are the only way to make this game any better as far as the modes go. They need to change a lot of things to make the game good. They would have to remake it to make it Great.

Damn right we need demo.... Socom is all about Demo... they would only need to remake the game if they wanted to get it back to being a true socom.... however I think the game is great the way it is, and after their main fixes I am almost positive I will be playing this and not COD( although BF3 and MW3 could change that)

Just feels different. Can't explain it. Maybe I am more prepared now to play or there were some back end changes. I've been winning gun battles and pulling off quick scoping kills.

I heard they were going to work on the turn speed and stuff like that. IDK though.....I need to get on and play it:):)

I think that the camera distance is good when you're spectating someone while dead, but then it zooms in when alive again.. they should keep it zoomed out.

They are supposed to be changing the camera to the same style as when you are spectating I believe.... at least thats what I keep hearing.