Respawn and Socom 4

• Directors

So it was pointed out to me that I had made an executive decision on Repawn and tournaments with Socom...

First if anyone took that seriously, I apologize... I was being very Sarcastic... In my opinion, I don't think we should apply this in Black and as much as I like bomb squad, that also does not follow the Black format, we really can't include it unless we make some adjustments to Black.

I just wanted to clear that up now that I have gone back and watched the show... Did not mean to say something that would be taken seriously when I was being Mr. Sarcasim.

• Directors

As we mentioned in the show there are going to be discussions about bomb squad since Black is known for being No Boom... in the light of current events we have not had the chance to focus on this.

But we have plenty of time and the Staff and Directors will get to work on it.

Is there really a big request for a no boom tourney? I know if there was black a lot of clans would sign up but they would sign up for any UF socom tourney. I just always wondered if UF clans really even dig the no boom tourney or if they just sign up for it since its all that is offered at the time? Why cant UF just have regular (classic style) wars without the gimmicks. Hell if UF matches just used the classic S4 settings, UF wars could even be ranked and could be played in a clan challenge, (I think, but not positive on that) I would also like to hear what black supporters like about black.

As for bomb squad in UF. While I personally hate getting grenade lauched I would like for the bomb tech only to be able to use a gl. It is a balance, yes he can use a gl but if you kill that one player you win the round.

And please no respawn ever...

Yes no respawn ever!!! And to touch on your point about no boom, I think it was implemented because it forces people to shoot each other, which will showcase their skills. It's easy to toss a grenade over a building in the beginning of a round and get a kill. However with S4 I feel the grenades are a lot harder to control then they used to be so maybe it's something that can be revisited. I still think Black should be no boom just based on tradition tho...

Yes no respawn ever!!! And to touch on your point about no boom, I think it was implemented because it forces people to shoot each other, which will showcase their skills. It's easy to toss a grenade over a building in the beginning of a round and get a kill. However with S4 I feel the grenades are a lot harder to control then they used to be so maybe it's something that can be revisited. I still think Black should be no boom just based on tradition tho...

Its definitely harder to control the grenades, just try to throw one into the center of the ship from the dock. You line it up and think its going in, then clang off the side of the ship. wtf?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Here's a question, now that the private beta is over and the beta for playstation plus members starts today, and the K3 socom 4 beta starts next week, seeing as im in both betas, will i have to redownload the beta 2 more times or will i be able to use the one i already have on my PS3?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes no respawn ever!!! And to touch on your point about no boom, I think it was implemented because it forces people to shoot each other, which will showcase their skills. It's easy to toss a grenade over a building in the beginning of a round and get a kill

But at the same time it increases camping because you can hide behind a wall or somewhere where normally a grenade would force you to move from but that doesnt happen when the isnt a fear of a grenade. Just like in Confrontation where people would climb a ladder and just lay prone with their crosshairs on the ladder when grenades are off.

In S4 you can only have 2 grenades so its already important to use them more wisely. As for no grenades showcasing gun skills I disagree. To me that is the same thing as playing a baseball game and not running the bases after you hit the ball, or on the basketball court playing H-o-r-s-e instead of a real game. Yeah you might hit the 30 foot jumper with no hand in your face, but what about when a defender is in your face. I just find in black when you take grenades out, you drastically change the way the game is played and it is definitely not some awesome run and gun showdown of who the better shooter is. But I think I am in the minority here.

No ruthless I agree with you, Doing no boom sounds like it would encourage gun fights but what it turns into is a sniping match and then a last minute push to complete the win. Taking away explosives makes people play more cautious then normal so you are lucky to get them away from their side of the map and no one wants to venture into an ambush so then the other team stays on their side of the map. Its just not a great situation.

If I remember correctly, Black started as no-boom due to Frostfire type maps. Remember is S2 you could lob nades from your spawn and get half the team before they took 3 steps. There were alot of maps like that in the old days. Back then, cBF had charts so we knew exactly how fast and where to throw nades in the beginning of maps.