Resignation

Over the course of the last few months, I have seen things happening here at UF that I have not agreed with and had a difficult time accepting. I chalked it up to growing pains and decided to be fair and give the new owners the benefit of doubt. After the latest ruling concerning Aiel and the proven use of ringers and the subsequent seeming condonement by staff and UF Directors, I can no longer represent Urgent Fury in a positive manner. With that being said, I am resigning as Urgent Fury Ranger Officer.

As you all know, I have not gamed in many months because I am a dedicated mother and wife. Urgent Fury has been my connection to the gaming world that I used to have time for and enjoyed so much. I always knew that if and when I ever had time to play again, I would have an instant community of people to game with that shared the same values as myself. And while I still believe that there are those still around who embody the very reason I participated in this community, this community as a whole is no longer the community that it once was. And it is certainly not the community that brought me here or kept me here for so long.

I really hope that the directors will reassess the direction they are taking this community ... starting with the silencing of members. The locking and removal of threads has become a bad way of business around here. Transparency is quickly becoming opaque. Bad way to do business if you ask me.

Also the amount of contradiction being posted by the directors is astounding. I could pour through threads and type a book on this but I will leave you with one example of what I am talking about:

Shane posted this in the "Ruling on A Formal Complaint and Breaking of the Rules" (Post #19, to be exact) - "One thing needs to be very clear, at no point are we going to tell a clan how to run their clans, and we are not going to tell your players in your clan what they can and cannot do outside of Urgent Fury." Does Urgent Fury not explicitly state: "When Urgent Fury community members leave the Urgent Fury arena and venture into the public arena, they are expected to exhibit the high levels of maturity, respect and game-play that is required for competition within Urgent Fury. We consider each clan, team, and individual, who seeks to be a part of Urgent Fury, an extension of and ambassador for our founding gaming philosophy of “Win with Honor, Lose with Dignity.â€

I am also bothered by the fact that (as stated by Shane in posts # 60 and 70 of the aforementioned thread) the ruling concerning Aiel was consistent with past rulings, therefore, assumingly, everyone should be ok with the ruling. First off, each incident should be handled and considered independently of each other as no two incidents are exactly alike. But if this is the argument that one chooses to use then all I can say is that the perpetuation of a mistake certainly doesn't make it right.

I commend Aiel's latest post and withdrawal from UFIC. I think that speaks volumes. And just to be clear, the ruling concerning Aiel only further solidified what I was already feeling about the direction of UF and is not the reason behind my resignation but more like the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Directors, Urgent Fury, I wish you nothing but the best. In the meantime, I will continue to lurk and hope that these are just growing pains and that one day UF will be the community that it once was.

Edited by HippieChik

Guys, it's obvious you have some hard feelings, but why detract from Hippie? She did nothing wrong, so VR please stop running around like a bunch of dogs that got let out of their pen. No need to piss on everything and mark your territory...thats not what we are, or EVER been about.