My say on recent events

There has been alot of talk about this thing or that thing over the past weekend concerning Aiel, VR, Uprising, Staff, Directors, and just about anyone else who wanted to throw their hat in the ring. As a UF Staff member I said my piece on it in the Staff section and didn't partake in the debacle that took place on the public forums. I didn't get involved with my clan's decision to step back away from the tournament and left my Staff hat on for that very important decision. I log in today to find my access has been removed, and I am no longer Staff at UF.

I would like to point out that this took place without a single phone call, text, aim, etc. from the Directors or other Staff. I thought you were misguided on your decision to not uphold your own rules for the sake of a single clan, and I disagreed with your decision. I accepted it though, and I didn't join in on the fracas. I even posted on my forums to ensure no more VR gunners got involved...well beyond what I would normally do.

You've been called many things Shane, including 'Demo-dick' and I defended you. I stood up for you time and time again, but now you've up and done this. You have shown that no matter what, at the end of the day it's not only do it your way but SEE IT YOUR WAY, or UF has no use for you. Well that might be your greatest mistake yet. You preach about how UF Staff need to wear their staff hats and leave their clan hats at the door, yet when we do and do NOT engage in our clan's disputes you remove them as well? What are you afraid of guys? Me? Why? I'm nobody. I'm not worth the obvious fear your displaying towards me. I have no will to do anything but uphold UF's values, and honestly thats the only reason I became staff.

Had you not been so scared, had you not been so paranoid, you would have received my very quiet and respectful resignation anyhow. When ACE asked me about being UF staff I told him I would do it on one condition: To uphold the values that Undertow and Sniper created and ran UF with for their time here. The very things that you decided to shit upon with your recent decisions to allow a clan to bypass the rules with a little slap on the hand and a 'don't do it again' because you were so afraid of losing a single strong clan. Instead, let me point out what you lost:

2 Staff members

2 Ranger Officers

3 clans

Are you so arrogant that you cannot admit you made an error here? Are you really so dense that you don't grasp that this was avoidable by simply following your Staff's recommendations? I was once proud to be Staff, but that has been tarnished now that you made it abundantly clear that if Staff isn't your puppet, you will no longer be Staff.

Maybe you've heard the rumor mill that others have asked ME, Tool_Minion to create a tournament site since UF has failed them. It's only natural isn't it? Rumor's start the moment any big event takes place, but you never asked me. You never said 'Wes, is this true?' If you had, you would have learned that I told them no, I didn't have the time to make the conference calls as a Staffer at UF, so I really just didn't have the time or energy to run a tournament site. Maybe this is the first you've heard of this and you just dropped me because you were scared of what I might say....but again you could have talked to me. I deserved that much.

This thread will be locked and deleted soon UF, because the current administration are of a way of thinking that isn't becoming to Urgent Fury. They feel that you need to be repressed and censored because your too dumb to have your own opinion, or because they haven't quite harnessed the ability to GET you to swallow everything they present without you choking on it. Most of you know me, and you know that I have surely made some mistakes, but I always put UF first. In the past when I didn't agree with UF, I turned to ACE to sort it out and use reason. He always had an ability to see past the petty bullshit and be honest with himself on what he thought was right...up until now. Its obvious to me that now he is in league with his fellow Dictator Shane, and the ruin of UF has begun.

Good luck making sponsors Shane. I know thats more important to you than the community.

Tool_Minion

Edited by [-VR-] Tool_Minion
to get my sig on

What a joke. This whole time Tool has done nothing, but the best for UF. Tool has done more for this community than most people will EVER do. Tool remained mum on the entire topic and he is removed from Staff? Shane you're a real class act (note sarcasm, don't confuse with ego stroking). You really think you are something special. Before inviting us to PAX East, you painted out to your staff "come to PAX and meet the directors!" Like seriously? Nobody wants to meet you Shane. If anybody wanted to meet anybody, it would be Patrick and Jack.

You make yourself unreachable for your Staff, except via forums where you won't acknowledge anything. Ask any Staff member, current or past, you act like you are the CEO of a fortune 500 company instead of a Community leader. Do we have to talk to your assistant to schedule a meeting with you? It is impossible to get in touch with you on a personal basis, which is wrong. You can't successfully administer with NO direct contact with your Staff, except through pre-thought out messages on the forums. You are like the politicians afraid of a debate, because you lack the intellect and the knowledge to defend your absurd actions.

For what reason did you remove Tool? Because you were afraid he would leak info to me? Not a chance. Before I became Staff again, Tool never gave me any info that was private. That would have remained after I resigned from Staff as well. FYI I didn't threaten to release any private info after I stepped down either. You bet your ass I made digital copies of anything pertinent to myself, because I will be able to defend myself when you try to paint me as a bad guy. I never signed a NDA and if you try to accuse me of anything or slander me, then believe me things will go public on a separate website.

You may have bought this website, but you can NEVER buy this community. You have to earn their respect and the way you are going about things, that will never happen.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Thank you for your support VR, but kindly stay out of this thread. I know you support me as does all of UF. I want to hear from the Staff here. I want to hear from the Directors here. I want to hear from other clan leaders because they also removed my access there as well. I guess I'm no longer a clan leader either.

Lastly, I want to hear from this community. I want to hear from the ones who dislike me and the ones who know me well enough to know this was a mistake.

Tool,

I will first begin by sayin that you have always been cool with me throughout my time here at Urgent Fury. As for the decision to remove you from staff, was not shanes decision. It was the decision of the staff that were present at the staff meeting. I understand the frustration you have. As do I with how this situation has become. I am not writing this to defend shane. I am taking my responsibility on the decisions. Everyone put their imput on that matter and decided on the outcome. As for the In Country problem, I kept myself out of that part. We should all understand that we are all human everyone does make mistakes. Learning from them is what helpa things move forward. Again like i said i have always been cool with you and i dont want that to change because of these events that occured. I am responding to take responsibility for my part in this.

Will

Disfsk3x14

Will can you tell me why? What did I do? Honestly, I would like to know. If I did something that caused this, I will apologize and move on. I didn't get involved with the drama....and I left my Staff hat on even though VR was obviously affected. YOU guys put my VR hat back on me, not I.

I'm no angel, and I don't pretend to be happy with UF's decision, but you know what I posted in the Staff section regarding this incident, and I supported the decision because that was MY JOB. I stayed out of it even though I knew that decision ultimately decided my fate here at UF, I stayed out of it even when people were calling us chickenshit because the clan decided not to play with cheaters...I never once responded. I held to my word and my commitment. You failed ME. You say that the Staff decided this, I accept that.

I'm still due a reason. UF owes me that much.

I'm staying out of why this all went down, because honestly, I don't have the time or energy to read that thread. I have my "opinions", but I'll keep them to myself since I don't know all the facts.

I'm posting on this thread only because I read that Tool was removed as a UF staff member. And I also think an explanation is needed to the community. Because I didn't see anything that warranted this. Unless it was something behind closed doors.

But the most troubling to me is that he was removed as a clan leader. This definitely needs to be answered as to why. If you have your reasons for removing him as a UF staff member because of something I don't have the forum privileges to see, then fine. It's none of my business.

But I didn't read a single post that changes the fact that Tool_Minion is the leader of VR. I mean, if your removing him as clan leader, are you banning VR from Urgent Fury? Because that is kind of the same thing IMO.

Edited by IRISH BULL

I think this has all went way overboard. You know I love you tool. But look at what your members have gone and said through the 15 pages of garbage posted. I think poth Red Octobober and Onei put it the best in the U resigning thread. But there comes a point once you dismiss your self from UF why would you want to be in the clan rep section. Your guys said that they will not partake here, right? So no reason to have that access. So let it be and move on from the descisions that where made. UF has enough to work on saving with out all the extra nonsencse. Your descisions where made. Weather I agree/disagree is not that point.

I personally will not ban VR from our site, as you are good folks in my book. Would not even be thought of. Same for the U. But it is time to move on....

Hush, what did I say? Clan affiliations have nothing to do with this. It is expected that you leave your clan hat at the door when you come in here as a UF staff. I did this successfully every day. Did I post in ANY of those threads? Nope. Did I say we wouldn't be participating in UF? No again.

Bottom line is I haven't done anything to UF to deserve this. You know it and they know it.

Now as far as your staff issue. I know mnothing about nor do I want to. Put from the clan leader postion. Your rep posted the following:

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
Last-
viewpost-right.png

So does this mean from all tournament play from hence forth or just withdrawing from UF:IC just want to make sure I'm reading this right ?

As long as cheaters remain within the ranks of UF, VR will not. Pretty simple.

This to me would be taken as NO< we are not partaking here anymore.

I think this has all went way overboard. You know I love you tool. But look at what your members have gone and said through the 15 pages of garbage posted. I think poth Red Octobober and Onei put it the best in the U resigning thread. But there comes a point once you dismiss your self from UF why would you want to be in the clan rep section. Your guys said that they will not partake here, right? So no reason to have that access. So let it be and move on from the descisions that where made. UF has enough to work on saving with out all the extra nonsencse. Your descisions where made. Weather I agree/disagree is not that point.

I personally will not ban VR from our site, as you are good folks in my book. Would not even be thought of. Same for the U. But it is time to move on....

So what your saying is that he was removed from leadership because he shouldn't be able to see the leadership area?? Wow that sounds like crap... but be the judge yourself. & I don't know if the people here are "overboard" at all... I mean they have the right to speak. Plus it really does seem like what went down was wrong in every way... & that's why this is happening right? Also I like that there hasn't been one single actual reason stated. So... That's why I think this has become such an issue.

• Directors

Well let me answer some of the questions that are valid...

Was Tool removed as Staff, yes, and Dis touched on that.

Was Tool removed from the Clan Leader section, yes, and to answer why, the Clan Leader section is for Participating clans of Urgent Fury, VR and FC have withdrawn from UF.

Has anyone been banned from UF, the answer is NO.

Was the decision on not immediately kicking out AIEL a unanimous one, No but in the end the staff made the final decision on what was happening. And correct we did not include the staff who had a stake in the outcome. This was to ensure the most un biased decision.

As for the rest of the accusations, hits etc... well I am done responding. A picture is being painted that is so far from the truth it is not worth my time. Staff can attest that I am a phone call away. But if you are going to be belligerent then I am going to tell you to take it to the staff section and we will deal with it there.

I have spent the last 5 days on the phone with several staff members as they expressed their opinions on the situation and then they also posted them. I passed all of this to John and I think he took some calls as well. But in the end, even on the staff meeting call last night, the staff are already moving forward with the next big thing for the community.

I was not going to reply to this post mainly because no matter what I say the painting is done and perception is reality. So I will learn to live with your perceptions of me. But if you want to talk with some of the Staff like Viper, Johnson, Dub and such... the ones that communicate with me on a regular basis... they can probably confirm this Hitler money Hungary Image that is being painted is so far from the Truth.

Shane, you act like I wasn't there for the Aiel discussion. I'm not allowed to tell who disagreed, but 3 weren't even involved in the tournament, and the one you discussed it with was in a clan that WAS in the tourney. If you really think that you cannot trust my point of view because my clan participates in UF, thats fine...state that from the get go. You know my stance on that...I haven't put VR above UF to date, and that hasn't changed. You still have given no reason for my removal, and I too am a phone call away. Speaking of phone calls, I've called you recently with issues and you never reply, so save that for someone who isn't in the know. I am not trying to 'paint' a picture, I'm simply wanting the truth from you.

I never stated that I was done with UF. If you truly believed that, I would think I would have at least been ASKED what my intentions or feelings were. Your lack of commitment to discuss it isn't due to you being tired of it or anything other than your lack of reasoning FOR the decision. VR pissed you off, you decided to punish me for their insolence. At least be honest about it...

Tool,

I will first begin by sayin that you have always been cool with me throughout my time here at Urgent Fury. As for the decision to remove you from staff, was not shanes decision. It was the decision of the staff that were present at the staff meeting. I understand the frustration you have. As do I with how this situation has become. I am not writing this to defend shane. I am taking my responsibility on the decisions. Everyone put their imput on that matter and decided on the outcome. As for the In Country problem, I kept myself out of that part. We should all understand that we are all human everyone does make mistakes. Learning from them is what helpa things move forward. Again like i said i have always been cool with you and i dont want that to change because of these events that occured. I am responding to take responsibility for my part in this.

Will

Disfsk3x14

Dis, how is kicking someone from Staff, "learning from mistake". This has gotten out of control, we no longer do Hellweek, we just allow clans to do whatever they want and then we just slap them on the wrist. I.E. one clan was called out by three different clans in a previous tournament and we were told just make sure they know what they did was wrong....My whole problem with this is that U and VR members are LONG standing members of UF and for them to be treated this way after an obvious violation of rules just seems to not follow the UF motto.

• Directors

OK...short & sweet version. I will not become part of this nonsense. So please don't ask.

Wes, your access was removed specifically because Backlash threatened Shane that he had NOT signed a Staff NDA, and that he would have no problem posting the materials regarding this whole Aiel matter on UF's forums, or other message boards.

With that being said...WE (not just Shane) all agreed that allowing you to have access to Staff (or sensitive) information, would in turn be the same as allowing Backlash to have access.

I am really sorry that all of this has happened. But that's the only explanation. And that's the truth. In short...you should really be pissed at Lash for going that route.

Also, you and Lash both would've been 100% welcome at last night's Staff Meeting. I personally would have liked all of us to talk like adults about all of this mess.

At any rate. Good luck with everything. Whether it's VR, your own tournament site/community, or whatever man.

~V~

Tool,

Like Dis and Shane said, it was a STAFF's decision last night like I told you on the phone. While it was a choice made at the heat of the moment, it was not the correct choice without at least speaking to you first. This morning it dawned on me, and that is why I got on the phone with you.

As far a clan leader status was agreed that since -VR- withdrew from UF, that status was removed.

This is not how I wanted any of this to go, but it did go this way and there is no way of changing what happened.

V, J, thanks for being forthcoming.

I wish I would have came to the Staff meeting last night, and it was simply a timing issue. My wife is in her final semester to get her RN, and this weekend was her spring break and last free weekend for the next 8 weeks. She asked me to hang out with her this weekend and I complied.

I disagree that me having access was like Lash having access. That goes against everything Undertow ever taught me about being Staff either here or at RVN. I signed a non-disclosure agreement, so I should have been immune from that line of thinking IMO. Nonetheless, it was your decision. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Well however it was worded to you in the Staff meeting, I did not threaten anyone with anything, that's not my style. I merely stated that if a point is made by Shane to slander myself, I can bring things to light that will contradict that. I also never did sign an NDA (was never even prompted with one), but that doesn't matter when it comes to defending my person. If he wasn't so eager to block me on aim, we could have talked things out...but again the lines of communication were closed.

Also I was not allowed at the Staff meeting last night or I would have came to say my piece, so there you have it. Additionally Tool would never leak info to me, nor would I ask him to. If I wanted to know all the info, I wouldn't have stepped down from Staff. Hello? I have no interest in knowing anything discussed in UF Staff section moving forward, because I am done with UF as a whole, as sad as it is to say that.

When my name is brought up, I am obliged to come back and defend myself.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

As a fellow clan leader here at UF, I've been following everything as it has unfolded over the weekend. I haven't spoken simply because my team currently isn't involved in any tournaments. I've simply been monitoring the events because rulings on tournament play indirectly could effect my team in a future tournament.

I've been apart of this community for a good while now and for the most part I'm pretty quiet around here. Alot of the events that have taken place in the past few days have been like a whirlwind, spinning around and sucking up everyone and everthing into the confusion.

I've seen a few teams drop out of the tournament over the weekend. Their decision to do so was their's to make and we should all respect that and keep our thoughts and opinions on that matter to ourselves. The ruling on AIEL was made by the UF staff and whether you agree or disagree it's been made.

Every team here has the same choice. You can either choose to remain here and participate in the tournaments or you can choose not too, the choice is yours.

We as clan leaders make the choices based on what is best for our teams and the integrity of our team morals.

Every team here is here because we found that UF upheld the same integrity and morals we hold for our teams.

So, why is it that everytime something of this nature occurs, there are some that don't exemplify those standards?

Take "Respect" for example.

Over the past few days I've seen people post responces to others in a "Disrespectful" manor. We're all intitled to our opinions, but we can get our points across without disrespecting others. My only thought when I see things of this nature is that someones true colors are bleeding through and that some of us here that claim to hold these same "values" don't hold them in as high reguards as others.

Think before you speak, and treat others as you want to be treated.

My point is the Integrity and the Values of UF and our teams need to be the first and foremost in reguards to handling any situation that may arise.

Now, in reguards to recent events involving Tool. I can understand with VR withdrawing from UF entirely the decision to remove him from the "Clan Leader" section as it is for Clan leaders participating (active or inactive) here at UF.

As far as him being removed as Staff. Well, that brings me back to our Values and Standards. Personally, I feel he should have been contacted and at least a reason for his dismissal. I feel he deserves the respect of that.

Some of you may agree with me and others may not, that's fine.

I think the man through his years of dedication and hard work for Urgent Fury deserved better. It was a decision that had to be made but I think it was gone about the wrong way. We are not talking about just anyone here this man has bled Urgent Fury for years and put everything he had into it. I think based on that a courtesy call or something was in order.

Hey tool....Me and you dont kow each other very well, we both know that...and for all of you who do not know me i am Sweeve, leader of Knights of Havoc. I just saw you wanted some clan leaders opinions on this, from ppl who know u, to ppl who dont....so here is mine, a clan leader, who does not know you. When Tow and Sniper held the reigns of UF, it was much more honorable and respectful to say "my clan plays in UF". But i feel as if since that change, the feeling has changed too....now i dont even recommend UF to what i think would be a good addition to the tourney site when we come across a respectful 'UF fit' public room clan....I dont say anything at all....Also, i have a potential officer/admin member on my squad obviously whether he realizes it or not devoting more time and kissin ass here at UF, then where he should be...his own clan....this put ur 'clan hat' down shit, really pisses me off...UF is tournament site, nothing else, why do u ppl hold urselves above others on this site, bc ur STAFF, im sick and tired of hearing, "well thats STAFF's choice and 'I am staff, so i will shit on u and tell u how to run ur clan and adress ur members'....gimme a break...I do not know how things are run here, but i dont think tool minion is a liar, so i am pretty sure i just found out....I have seen the urge to expand, which is fine, but then ur degrading your reputation as well....I remember when we had to go through a hell week, just to play in UF, and now all it is, 'is here you go.....have fun'...."hey i hope we get like 30 more clans so i can get my money back for paying for this site"....This site used to be about socom, THATS IT!!! And all of this bc a clan (which was on CoD) brought ringers in....to my knowledge a very serious violation of not just the rules but of the integrity and respect for the opposing clan....and u ppl say "oh well tell them they cant do that, and we will ban the ringers".....wheres the honor in that? Used to be, hey u used a ringers, u disrespected the site and the opposing clan...ur out of the tournament and possibly the site....I'm sure every clan leader that u have here Shane has got a thread up in THEIR forums, about this whole mess....and i bet every clan is getting mixed reactions and insights, and know we are....Nobody else has said it, but for the ppl who know me, they know i will........This, this mess u got here, could be the downfall of ur precious little tournament site, bc this isnt UF anymore....this is looking like GB, BOH, etc......i suggest u round up ur little posse and figure this out....so go put ur UF HATS on and come to the decision everyone wants to hear...are u gonna continue to run this tournament site this way, or with all this input, are u gonna change not the way you act, but ur little staffers as well?? I think i speak for everyone in saying we will be awaiting ur decision.