i can vouch for that.. starting confrontation for a month i had a 1-2 ratio and like a 4 hit percentage Yes i sucked!! after getting my headset first was the turtle beach p21 DRAMATIC change now im a steady 2-1 16 hit percentage and can take down entire teams because of hearing where they are.. IT helps your game a Lot. i now have the tritton axpro.. and i love it..

I have been wearing Astro and Turtle Beach for about 6 years now. Their is NOTHING like 5.1 DD surround sound over your ears, I dont care how many thousands of dollars you spent on a Bose surround sound system, it will never compare to a good 5.1 dd headset.

The more serious gamers all use headsets versus sound systems. I do know a few that have some success with a stereo and kids in the background so it's not just headsets, but YES they do provide superior sound and much more emersive gaming experience.

The questions I have are what features make it better then say Dis's Tritton axpro, or my 720 or the Turtle Beach ones? And of course, what's the price point on it?

I have owned and used just about every gaming headset known to man over the last 6 years, the best headset I have found is the Astro A40! Turtle beach used to have a good headset back when they made the X40's, but then they stopped making them for some stupid reason, now all of their headsets have crappy sound quality and allot of interference and static in the sound, their also lacking in the PS3 department as well. Tritton tech headphones are more for the budget gamer, their not bad but the sound quality still isn't as good as the Astro A40's, I also had to replace a few Tritton headsets because of a durability issue, once you drop them their pretty much done for,their microphnes tend to have allot of issues as welll. Their are other gaming headsets out their that I have purchased, but they are not even worth mentioning! Overall the Astro A40's are the best headset you can buy for Sound quality, durability, and overall usage. You can use Astro A40's with your XBOX, PS3, PC, Apple iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4G), Blackberry and most smart phones, PSP (Version 2000 and up),Nintendo DS/DSi/DSXL, and even a guitar amp! Four very small, very powerful magnets (Neodymium -- strong stuff) hold on what are called speaker tags, so you can design custom speaker tags for your headset and pop them on and off whenever you want, no other headset out their offers this! I mean honestly the list is endless when it comes to the Astro gaming headsets. I strongly recommend the Astro A40 headset for anyone that enjoys online gaming, and competitive game play. If any of you do decide to purchase them, let me know and I will tell you what you need to buy to have the set up you want. I will also post setup instructions for the Astro A40's on the PS3, seems like PS3 like to make everything difficult when it comes to gaming headsets.

No it is a wired headset but Astro just released a new wireless headset now that you mention it. I will attach a picture of the new wireless setup, you can see the receiver in the background, and the new smaller mix amp that is suppose to fit in your pocket.

screenshot-1.jpg

Edited by hLx INSIDIOUSx

GOod God I already hide my gaming from my IRL friends, no way am I getting caught dead with those. My K/D is juuuust fine for someone that lets his controller sit there while he goes to pee during a game, or runs around with the crossbow like a douche, or otherwise silly activities when bored lol (hell, my K/D isn't that bad for someone who plays serious all the time either lol)