What is a Ranger and Judge???

Some vacancies where not by choice, but oh well life goes on.

Honestly I am not trying to be a ranger or Judge right now. I still have to learn a lot about UF before trying out for any position.

I was just wondering what they do?? And how they got those titles?

Blasted in by my Moto Droid- Star Date 2011

Knee pads & know how to say "yes"!

You obviously have an issue with what happened with the UF Staff and UF Directors.

So you know though, the UF Rangers were not involved in that situation. Theres no need for you, or anyone else in this community, to step on others just so you feel better about what happened.

And while I may not agree with what happened I know there are ways to handle it without making ignorant ass comments like that.

Guest Attitude

I was not officially told that these are exact job descriptions, but this is what I have come to know them as...

Rangers- These people go above and beyong to help promote UF outside of UF. Basically, a walking advertisement representing Urgent Fury.

Judge- This is a relatively new title and I believe it has something to do with the UFGL site. These people can be called upon to become a Judge when discrepencies arise.

Thats my definition of each. I could be off a little but they haven't been fully explained out in the open. Not that I've noticed anyway. Hope this helps.

You obviously have an issue with what happened with the UF Staff and UF Directors.

So you know though, the UF Rangers were not involved in that situation. Theres no need for you, or anyone else in this community, to step on others just so you feel better about what happened.

And while I may not agree with what happened I know there are ways to handle it without making ignorant ass comments like that.

Thats true Daniel. One is not the same, but they were tied together by the Directors. They removed all VR members from the Rangers and Judge positions....so while I completely agree with your assessment and how comments like that do not help, I respectfully disagree that the Rangers weren't involved.

I was not officially told that these are exact job descriptions, but this is what I have come to know them as...

Rangers- These people go above and beyong to help promote UF outside of UF. Basically, a walking advertisement representing Urgent Fury.

Judge- This is a relatively new title and I believe it has something to do with the UFGL site. These people can be called upon to become a Judge when discrepencies arise.

Thats my definition of each. I could be off a little but they haven't been fully explained out in the open. Not that I've noticed anyway. Hope this helps.

And you sir are correct on both counts.

I would say that is correct in a nutshell.

And cereal, if your sooo unhappy and here, why are you still here? Shouldn't you have taking your ball long ago and went home? Grow up.

Edited by IRISH BULL

Tool_Minion;830658']Thats true Daniel. One is not the same' date=' but they were tied together by the Directors. They removed all VR members from the Rangers and Judge positions....so while I completely agree with your assessment and how comments like that do not help, I respectfully disagree that the Rangers weren't involved.[/quote']

The Staff and Directors made those decisions, not the Rangers.

The Rangers were affected by the decisions. That's a different type of involvement. Definitely not the the type that warrants a comment like, "Knee pads & know how to say "yes"!."

And you are correct Attitude. Also, an Advisor is a UF Ranger who has been asked to be a single point of contact for new clans coming to the community. Helping the clans become acclimated to Urgent Fury.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger. I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the UF Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite member who arrives at the cutting edge of online gaming. I accept the fact that as a Ranger my clan expects me to move further, faster and fight more honorable than any other shooter.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the community that I am a specially selected and well-trained representative. My courtesy to staff officers and all members shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the duties of the Rangers. I will strive for UF’s promotion. I will not fail. Surrender is not a Ranger word. Under no circumstances will I ever embarrass Urgent Fury.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone contributor.