Whats Going On Here?

So I log on to UF this morning to see what kind of things have gone on over the week and it looks like it went to hell overnight. What is going on here? I thought we were over the whole bitching and complaining. Now shit is really getting out of hands because veteran clans that have been here for years are not just leaving a tournament they are leaving the whole fucking site in general and that is a cause for concern. Now I know I haven’t been here as long as most of you guys so my opinion may not matter at all but I am still a member a of this community so I believe I still have a say because that is what UF was created for right the members? Now I never got a chance to be around for the whole TOW and SNIPER era but I am sure people had the same complaints that are going on here now but the only difference is that people just bitched and kept on trucking this is not the case here. People are bitching and complaining and LEAVING. Now I know people are going to come and read this post and bitch and complain about me starting things up again but that is not my point. My point for this post if for people to realize that this community was made for the “Community†so everyone could come here and make friends and play with people that they know wont cheat or anything like that. Yet it seems like that has became the complete opposite about what this has turned into. I remember just awhile ago I stayed up late at night for a whole fricken week just so I could gain entry into this community and then I go away and come back and now that shit is gone. Like I said I don’t know what is going on here and I am willing to help out with anything to bring this community back to where it was but if it keeps going the way it is well I don’t think UF will be here.

I hope that is the case GHOST i really do. I love this place because of what it was built upon. No cheaters or hackers and nothing like GB and then all of the sudden everything just goes down the drain. I enjoyed my many nights playing against WOLF and -VR- and a couple other clans because i knew when i got my ass kicked it was because they were the better clan and not because they lag switched or cheated in anyway. I just hope that this will be taken care of and things will go back to normal and this will be long forgotten but until situations like this can be handled things like this will still exist and it will be like a virus that runs through UF. Please UF take care of these problem and lets get back to even what we were a year ago and bring back Hell Week and things like that. Like i said i will help out in what ever you guys need just say the word and I will do what i have to do.

Hell Week would still exist if we had UF members willing to staff the team. The only reason it went away is due to lack of participation... we had a hard time staffing a full team for a week against a new clan. Hard to expect them to staff a war a night when we can't do it.

Hell week wasn't always around either. Before hell week there was still an eval period, but it was just the black/crucible tournaments. Any clan could enter those, but you had to finish one of those before you were eligible for the tac map tournaments. I'd be happy with just that too.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that all the clans recently involved in this drama have gone through hell week or the eval tournaments, so I don't see why this keep getting brought up.

Edited by Peebrain

Hell week wasn't always around either. Before hell week there was still an eval period, but it was just the black/crucible tournaments. Any clan could enter those, but you had to finish one of those before you were eligible for the tac map tournaments. I'd be happy with just that too.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that all the clans recently involved in this drama have gone through hell week or the eval tournaments, so I don't see why this keep getting brought up.

That is a very good point. Everyone seems to forget and that UF was just fine before Hell Week. But now everyone wants to hang their hat on Hell Week was the saving grace for UF.

Urgent Fury was fine before Hell Week, Urgent Fury was fine when Hell Week existed, and Urgent Fury will be fine without Hell Week.

So IRISH what is your game plan for letting new clans come into UF without earning there place here? Ok so maybe UF didnt have Hell Week before and it survived but what about now adays something has to be set in place so clans that come here dont think its like GB or any other site and just want to hop right into the Wars with you guys.

I take it you really liked HW, YMNBF?

I already told you once. There will be an evaluation period for new clans. When it's ready, it will be up for all to see. Until then, why not put that bone in your safety deposit box. :wink:

So IRISH what is your game plan for letting new clans come into UF without earning there place here? Ok so maybe UF didnt have Hell Week before and it survived but what about now adays something has to be set in place so clans that come here dont think its like GB or any other site and just want to hop right into the Wars with you guys.

I think Peebrain already mentioned what we did before Hell Week. And I think that is what will happen again. I also think it was metioned that the UFGL site will be litmus test for new clans.

But that is just my guess. I'm not Staff, so I do not want to assume this is what will happen.

@BigMoney yes brotha i def enjoyed hell week. I think it was proly the toughest gaming experience i have been put through because i played against legit clans so i never bitched one time when i got my ass handed to me because i knew the clan evaling us was legit. It def put your clan to the test the whole week and i miss that very much. Now i will not go against any decision UF puts in place all im saying is i just dont want this place turning into GB. I may not get on much anymore but i still love this community for the year i have been around. I tried the GB bullshit and it was garbage people just trying to get there YouTube fam ya digg. Like i said just please put something into effect thats all i ask.

@ yourmom - Dude we're right there with ya. We all love this community. That's why we're still here. No one wants to see it becomes GB and I feel it wont be. We gotta be patient tho. There's still minor after shocks of the recent drama, UF is in a little healing period right now. Once we're through this (and I feel that will be right around April 19th) I'm sure we'll see all the changes implemented before the next tournament begins.

i wanna share som e old school insight with ya ymnbf... i brought my clan to urgent fury before there was a hell week. we set up scrimms with other uf clans, and there was never any complaints about us. we applied and got accepted into a tacmap. we won it. and at the end, we were congratulated by every clan in that tacmap. hell week was a novel idea, but before that clans had to put in the effort to seek out other clans, set up matches, and impress them, back then, you were invited by the owners based on a reputaion, not one week that was handed to you. any clan can be good for 5 days. it takes a real clan to build a rep themselves.

• Like 1

UF Black was the ORIGINAL evaluation. Which is how it should be.

Hell week was a gimmick. Anyone can show up for 5 nights and be on their best behavior. Any tournament a clan lasted in were clans that stayed for the long haul. I have not seen 1 clan that has lasted through a tournament and hung around. I have also not seen a team that cheats on a continual basis stick around either.

UF Black was the ORIGINAL evaluation. Which is how it should be.

Hell week was a gimmick. Anyone can show up for 5 nights and be on their best behavior. Any tournament a clan lasted in were clans that stayed for the long haul. I have not seen 1 clan that has lasted through a tournament and hung around. I have also not seen a team that cheats on a continual basis stick around either.

That's confusing... I thought lasting through a tournament was a good thing.

I was wondering, where do we, AES, stand in all of this? We have been on ladders for quite some time and we are in the Blow Out tournament, do we still need to go through an eval period or a hell week or are we good to go? Thanks in advance for the info!

Edited by Shadow_Whisper
  • Like 1