Urgent Fury PSA

Urgent Fury PSA

Knowledge is power. Have you heard that statement before? I believe most would say yes, as it is a very real and true statement. That statement could be said to have had a direct impact on the many technological advances, we have seen in the last 2 decades. We live in a society in which instant access to information can be the difference between success and failure.

Since the 80’s, technology has brought us many great new inventions, products and ideas. First there were pagers and then cell phones. Then came the Internet, emails and public forums. This phenomenon allowed the pc to become a standard household item. In 1997 18% of households in America had a computer, That percentage tripled to 55% by 2003. By 2007 according to a market report by Jupiter that percentage grew to 78%. The most recent numbers I could find by Nielsen say it is 80%. That is a lot of instant knowledge and power, however Americans were not satisfied with waiting to get home to get their fix on information and power, thus the birth of the smartphones.

While there were earlier versions of the smartphone, the first that allowed for limited web browsing was released in 2001. Palm Inc. introduced the Kyocera 6035. The war was on. Americans were ecstatic over the ability to have a device in their pocket that would not only allow them to phone anyone at anytime, but would also allow them to have access to email and the web at all times. As of last year over 91 percent of Americans have cellphones that allow them to always be connected to the information highway and each other. We have become dependent on our personal devices to keep us connected, to keep us up to date.

With great power, comes great responsibility. This is another, well known phrase that was made popular by the movie “Spidermanâ€. Just as the previously mentioned phrase, it is very accurate and true. You can arm yourself with all the knowledge and power in the world, however if you are unable to use it properly or in the correct manner, instead of a success, you will find failure.

I know this has been long and you are all probably wondering what all this has to do with a PSA for Urgent Fury? As I stated we live in a world where we always want to be connected. We do not want to miss anything. That being said, there is a function on our forums that our community users can set up to have their PM’s sent to their email. Any time you receive a pm on the UF site an email will be sent to your email account, which most now have access to on their smartphones. This email will come to you from Admin@urgentfury.com. This is how the site informs you of your new pm. This email will also state,

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

If you do not pay attention to the email, such as to who it is from, why you got it and the statement, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, and you reply to this email, an email and your private message (PM) included in the email, will go to the admin@urgentfury inbox. A director will see that pm.

In closing, if you choose to be connected. If you choose to use great technology, please be sure you do so wisely and correctly.

• Like 1

I used to think Bandit was a smart guy but once you play 1vs100 with someone only then do you truly know how smart someone is. Bandit is a snake, there are only 3 answer choices and he would always find a way to pick 2 of the 3 answers and he would always say on the mic "Yeah I picked B, but I'm pretty sure its C" as to always seem right whether he got it right or wrong. I'm pretty sure this is the reason I was never selected to the mob.