So who's NOT buying Socom 4

Honestly, who cares if it is not "Socom" or whatever anyone means when they say "not Socom". Everyone wants another COD4 too... you know what, things just don't work that way and there will never be another game that produces that same feeling as many of the great games. If you had never ever played Socom before and had no prior judgement about this game, I guarantee many would be singing a different tune about this game.

The bottom line is that this game is fun to play. Put aside your preconceived notions and expectations for what a "Socom" game should be and see what it is in the real... This is a fun game to play.

I'm def buying it, shoot I had it preordered last July. I can't saw I am thrilled with it, I find myself bored after playing for an hour nowadays.

This might change when I'm actually playing with my clan I don't know. I think the game modes have a lot to do with this as well, they just

aren't "fun" for me like the old ones, and IMO only 2 (suppression and bomb squad) are geared towards round based play. I really hope

demo is added for retail and not held back for the first DLC.

Yeah I like it, but I hate being forced to go OTS to kill someone more than 5 feet away. Bomb squad is fun, suppression is awful(needs S1/S2 suppression rules), uplink is meh,and last defense is pretty much control points which is ok. But with the supposed changes coming I think it will be pretty good. I also think Cod people will like this game a lot at least til the next Cod comes out. The L1 aiming thing is built for them.

Yeah I like it, but I hate being forced to go OTS to kill someone more than 5 feet away. Bomb squad is fun, suppression is awful(needs S1/S2 suppression rules), uplink is meh,and last defense is pretty much control points which is ok. But with the supposed changes coming I think it will be pretty good. I also think Cod people will like this game a lot at least til the next Cod comes out. The L1 aiming thing is built for them.

I tried uplink, but it was respawn, the game kept going on and on and on. We kept getting all three uplinks, but couldnt get the HQ. So we would start all over again. After like 4 tries i said see ya and left. Can you play this in classic mode?

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I tried uplink, but it was respawn, the game kept going on and on and on. We kept getting all three uplinks, but couldnt get the HQ. So we would start all over again. After like 4 tries i said see ya and left. Can you play this in classic mode?

Yes you can play in in classic. It was sort of fun in the respawn mode if your playing with decent players. Your respawn becomes closer when you get all three uplinks and you get to drop air strikes.

Classic makes it a completely different game.

Yes you can play in in classic. It was sort of fun in the respawn mode if your playing with decent players. Your respawn becomes closer when you get all three uplinks and you get to drop air strikes.

Classic makes it a completely different game.

Cool. I'll have to try it out. Thanks!

Like I tell everyone I want evolution not de-evolution. Let the crybaby grandpas go jump on S2 imma go to S4 and enjoy it like it's meant to. Like Seth said it's not S2 it's not suppose to be S2 it's a completely new Socom experience. If you say it doesn't feel like Socom ya need to go back and play 3/CA again, cuz I feel Socom when play this.

As a few know, I can't stand COD, BF, MoH none of these games have online right IMO. SOCOM 4, while definitely not SOCOM as we remember it, Zipper had sad they reserve putting a new number on a SOCOM until they substantially change something, well they've substantially changed some things. And I for one find this SOCOM better then all those other games.

Sent from Galaxy class phone NC-1701

My copy of Confrontation is getting traded in when I pick up s4 and I don't even care if I have to pay them to take it. I am not one who usually trades in games but for Confrontation I can make an exception. I no longer have any use for it again ever. I suppose I could make it a coaster also..

S4 is Socom... It may not be exactly like what we remember but then if it was why bother making a new game? I would love to see some things make a come back though like maps and modes.

Guest Attitude
My copy of Confrontation is getting traded in when I pick up s4 and I don't even care if I have to pay them to take it.
Don't spend that $2.00 all in one place! lol.

I will be buying it but the biggest things I am truely disappointed in is the L1 aiming, grenade throwing and sprinting. The reason I used to love socom is because it was all one speed, you could aim the grenades and zoom was much better with using the D pad. I would think this was the best game to ever be produced if those 3 aspects were the same. I really miss extraction as well, Im not sure if in the real game they will have it, but that is a very competative game mode that defined socom, and teamwork as well.

With that said, I still enjoy the game, kinda iffy about some of the shooting though, I am still getting used to some things, like leading people while sniping and they are running, which is somewhat realistic, not as exaggurated as the game can be sometimes but maybe thats the lag from it just being a Beta. Thats the only input I have. I may be old school, but thats what I had expected.

D