So who's NOT buying Socom 4

I have mine pre ordered.

Socom is not a specific game look, it’s a game and community feel.

There will be a NEWBEE guy that is stupidly affective and there will be people who excel really fast at learning that. Just like the IW80 was a broken gun in S2 with a head shot on the 4-5 shot almost ever time. Then in Confrontation the F90 with its ability to get a head shot across the map, or the specialization guns that just mopped the floor with rest of the available arsenal.

There will be “snipers nests†where you know there is a sniper that you can only kill with that ever needed perfect grenade throw.

There will be those 12-15yr old kids that run around with no clue of what to do talking all the time about the most useless stuff preventing you from making call outs or forming a plan.

There will be your typical online gangsters who talk but and act all tough, and go 0 and 8 in the game.

There will be curving bullets that kill you behind walls, there will be grenades that fly why farther then you think they can fly.

And there will be that guy that gets into your spawn hella fast.

But in the end you will play it and you will hate and love it. And you will want to do better and better at it. And some where close to the first DLC about 3 months from now, all the crying will stop and you will start saying “BACK IN CONFRONTATION …â€

So buck up and play the game or if you don’t like it DON’T PLAY IT AND STOP CRYING ABOUT IT.

I have mine pre ordered.

There will be your typical online gangsters who talk but and act all tough, and go 0 and 8 in the game.

LMAO!! Ran into one of those last night. With [EA*] tags on. Then we told him to leave because we don't like playing with cheaters, he flipped the hell out!! I told him, he shouldn't accept random tags if he can't handle the repercussions of it. Then he goes off on a rant about everyone in the room was out to get the black guy, and he'll come out to our suburbs and roll on us when we least expect it. I love those kinds of guys!!

Anyway, on topic, I LOVE this game. Sure there are some things that need tweaked, but overall this very well could be the best Socom yet. I really can't make that distinction until I've played the full game, but so far so good. Plus, it's a given that maps/modes we want will be in future DLC. I sure hope so, and that they don't put guns in DLC.

The only glaring problem that they don't seem to address in public, are the lobbies, or lack of lobbies. It might be in the beta forums, but with all the damn crybabies in there, you can't find a damn thing thats pertinent.

I bet they DLC us on a lot of the old modes and maps. I sure would Cha Ching.

Crossroads? "You Pay Ten Dolla!" "You no Pay you No Play"

The map I would like to see be brought back in a DLC would be Sujo. Think of Bomb Squad on that map. So many different avenues to go through. That would be great.

Guest Attitude

Plus, it's a given that maps/modes we want will be in future DLC. I sure hope so, and that they don't put guns in DLC.

The only glaring problem that they don't seem to address in public, are the lobbies, or lack of lobbies. It might be in the beta forums, but with all the damn crybabies in there, you can't find a damn thing thats pertinent.

Guns will most likely be in the first DLC. I mean, look at all the people that get the free shotty with the Gamestop pre-order. That gun will need to be made available at some point to the non-pre-order people. As will the abandoned map.

Edited by Attitude

LMAO!! Ran into one of those last night. With [EA*] tags on. Then we told him to leave because we don't like playing with cheaters, he flipped the hell out!! I told him, he shouldn't accept random tags if he can't handle the repercussions of it. Then he goes off on a rant about everyone in the room was out to get the black guy, and he'll come out to our suburbs and roll on us when we least expect it. I love those kinds of guys!!

Your kidding? You had a guy with [EA*] tags being an online thug?!! lol

I will be buying it but the biggest things I am truely disappointed in is the L1 aiming, grenade throwing and sprinting. The reason I used to love socom is because it was all one speed, you could aim the grenades and zoom was much better with using the D pad. I would think this was the best game to ever be produced if those 3 aspects were the same. I really miss extraction as well, Im not sure if in the real game they will have it, but that is a very competative game mode that defined socom, and teamwork as well.

With that said, I still enjoy the game, kinda iffy about some of the shooting though, I am still getting used to some things, like leading people while sniping and they are running, which is somewhat realistic, not as exaggurated as the game can be sometimes but maybe thats the lag from it just being a Beta. Thats the only input I have. I may be old school, but thats what I had expected.

D

If you reallu look at uplink is extraction instead of people it is data.

We kinda have the same discussion on the RVN forums. And my question to them is the same here.

If you are not gonna buy SOCOM 4, what tactical shooter are you counting on? Because the only tactical shooters that are even on the near horizon is Ghost Recon Future Soldier (10/2011) and Spec Ops: The Line (08/2011).

So if you don't buy SOCOM 4, will you stick with Confrontation? Or are you just done with shooters until the end of 2011?

Guest Attitude
maybe... but there is no danger of accidentally killing the data (by either side) or moving the data to an unknown location.
When you have someone grab the data, can't that person just hide when they have it? Then your actually "moving the data to an unknown location".

Guest Attitude

....also, on uplink (classic), we secured all 3 points and triangulated the enemies base. When I was the last one standing and moved in to plant the becon, it wouldn't let me. The square or circle icon (whichever) appeared but when I pressed and held, nothing would happen. What was I doing wrong (or not doing) that would not allow me to win the game (I died while fucking around with trying to get the becon to plant).:mmph: I would appreciate some information on this, as I don't want to look like an ass again in game. :smile:

When you have someone grab the data, can't that person just hide when they have it? Then your actually "moving the data to an unknown location".

they can, but the person with the data shows up with en E-tag afaik so you can't hide very effectively. Also you have to wait until someone steals the data before the defending team can pick it up.

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

Guest Attitude
....also, on uplink (classic), we secured all 3 points and triangulated the enemies base. When I was the last one standing and moved in to plant the becon, it wouldn't let me. The square or circle icon (whichever) appeared but when I pressed and held, nothing would happen. What was I doing wrong (or not doing) that would not allow me to win the game (I died while fucking around with trying to get the becon to plant).:mmph: I would appreciate some information on this, as I don't want to look like an ass again in game. :smile:
Hey guys, can anyone give me an answer to this question.

• Directors
Hey guys, can anyone give me an answer to this question.

Actually you are describing Last Defense and my money is on it was a bug... let me know if it happens more and I'll let Zipper know about it.