Our cell phone contracts with T-Mobile are up in a month and we are looking to get new phones and possibly change providers.

I am looking for a website that reviews cell phones. Was wondering if anyone knows of some good ones out there. I've looked at CNET, but since they are so big you never know who is slipping them money under the table if you know what I mean.

We have been looking at getting the HTC EVO 4g from Sprint.

Alright, I have narrowed my search down to two phones.

HTC EVO 4g or Samsung Epic 4g

Basically the Epic has a better screen and better hardware (has a video chipset) plus a AMOLED screen but it is also a slider and has a keyboard (which I'm concerned about because I have never used a virtual keyboard... don't want the keyboard to become pointless) .

Anybody have anything to say about either of these phones? At this point I'm down to what phone has less annoying things... lol

Droid is king of all hands down and the google voice guided navigation is the best thing since sliced bread. I have a captivate which also has a superamoled and it is probably the best screen available on the market right now. It is super bright and very sharp. I'm not to sure about having a slide out keyboard though. I have adapted to the on screen keyboard and have no real desire to go backwards. HTC is one of if not the leading android manufacturers and the EVO is a great phone. The technology in the evo is starting to get a little old because of new phones coming out but is pretty solid.

I don't really think you could go wrong either way it's just a preference choice at this point. Best thing you can do is head over to XDA developers forum once you make your choice and get your phone rooted so you can unlock all it's potential.

What is XDA developers?

It's a very large forum dedicated to rooting/unlocking cell phones for custom software. The android operating system is developed by google, based on linux and open source therefore there is a lot of options for customizing software. Developers congregate there to build their software and people donate for their services.

Droid is king of all hands down and the google voice guided navigation is the best thing since sliced bread. I have a captivate which also has a superamoled and it is probably the best screen available on the market right now. It is super bright and very sharp. I'm not to sure about having a slide out keyboard though. I have adapted to the on screen keyboard and have no real desire to go backwards. HTC is one of if not the leading android manufacturers and the EVO is a great phone. The technology in the evo is starting to get a little old because of new phones coming out but is pretty solid.

I don't really think you could go wrong either way it's just a preference choice at this point. Best thing you can do is head over to XDA developers forum once you make your choice and get your phone rooted so you can unlock all it's potential.

XDA developers is a great place, but I dont recommend it for people new to rooting their phones...

you can also go to droidforums.net, they are a little more laid back, thats where I went when I first rooted my droid.

As for the phone, I for one absolutly hate Sprint.... No offense, but I had sprint for 4 years and was sooo happy to leave them. I would stick with TMobile or go with Verizon..... matter of fact I believe TMobile was acquired by AT&T?

As for Phones. I would look at the new Bionic or Thunderbolt by verizon, although the 4G LTE isnt in all places yet, it IMO isprobably gonna be the best 4G phones out on the android system....

Although I prefer the Bionic because it is made by Motorola, Im am not a big fan of HTC phones

Edited by l-Stonewall-l

There are plenty of instructions at xda but a lot of reading is required. Options never hurt though.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

I agree 100 percent... I spent almost 98 percent of my time on XDA when looking for phone rooting stuff and ways to enhance it.....Lots of great info there bro.