Tiger Woods 12 : The Masters

So, what do people think of the game?

I started off with tiger 09 and I have got to say I like the new putting system, in 11 the putting was way to easy! You could use as many putt previews to get your shot right as you wanted. Now its caddie skill and your ability to read the greens that make or break your round.

I also like that your attribute boosts only come from realistic sources. No more getting a +10 from your shoes or a +16 from your shirt. Now it’s all about your actual golf gear.

The course mastery levels seem very easy to achieve. You’re guaranteed a bronze on your first round if you have played any previous Tiger, and silver is a joke. I have not gotten gold yet but am only playing 2 rounds per tournament. From what I have seen the objectives are rather easy.

i agree! your caddie starts off as a supreme dumbass. but get your course mastery up and he becomes very smart. Well your still starting out i suggest looking at each shot and for alot of them be sceptical and dont be afraid to make your own shot. i do it often. its easier to hit a 5 iron 100% then to hit a 3 iron 92%. and for hitting onto the green use your choke up to lesson the distance.

Edited by PIRO_THE

I may go rent this after your little write up, Piro. I haven't played TW since 09. I tried 10,11, but didn't like them much.

The only thing I will disagree with you on, is the shoes giving you attribute boosts. Shoes make a HUGE difference. I went from wearing tennis shoes, to puma "turf" shoes, to a cheap pair of Calloway golf shoes, to my current pair of Addias 360 tours. Huge difference at each step. But you are right about the shirts and watches and pants and hats and such.

I have found that 12 is the only tiger to give me a challenge since I first got tiger 09.

Golf is about placing your ball not about hitting it at 125% powers with huge spin (put on after the fact) to allow you to shoot under par. And with Tiger 12 once you go to tour Pro, it auto turns off post hit spin and power up. It actually plays like a round of golf. Well putting it to amateur you still get to power up ever shot and putt preview your heart away. Amateur does not have a focus bar, its tiger 10 all over again.

Big Money, I agree shoes do affect the game but not as much as your shaft, grip, club heads and glove. But if you give shoes a stat then I guess your back to having sunglasses with a stat as well. And as far as I see you can already get a total of +20 for all your stats once you max out and get all the items open.

I would also say Tiger 12 is the most commercial of the series. You are constantly getting new gear, all from pro golf companies and seeing that companies web address when you unlock said item.

for those coming back to the game the big pain will be putting. God did I hate the putting when I started but now I am liking it.

Edited by PIRO_THE

Are you playing this with the move ?

is there any driving range or something for you to practice your swing to correct a slice or hook in your swing while using the move ? ( I have never golfed in real life but when using the move I have a huge slice lol )

I played the demo and liked it alot thinking about holding off on Socom 4 and buying this instead !

Funkvader,

Yes there is. Create your golfer and then go into the Performance tuning section and you can practice with your golfer all you want. You can also set your clubs up different so that your current swing what would create a slice would go straight.

I suggest to anyone playing the game to adjust your shot and tune your clubs this way. It will make you a hundred times better golfer.

until you reach course mastery of silver your Caddie will still suggest some of the dumbest shots out there. remember that the Caddie system is just an aid not a replacement for your own judgement.

i have had no issue with the Mics and have been playing online every few nights.

if any of you want to play a round add me: PIRO_THE

Edited by PIRO_THE