Government Shutdown

yea, lets let the govt shut down so the other countries can see how weak and greedy we are so they can make their move........then youll have military members who dont give a shit cuz they arent getting paid then this will be New China......sounds fun.....*rolls eyes*

I think you would be surprised at how well it actually would go.. Don't be a sheep. We can't possibly be weaker than we are already. China could snatch the rug out from under us at any time with the trillions of dollars of debt we owe them. If that did happen these politicians would end up taking refuge there because after all they are the ones who sold us out to them in the first place. America needs reform and whatever it takes to get it will be worth it. This is not what the founding fathers envisioned.

Edited by Crusty_Demons

• Directors

We normally do not allow political posts, but as long as this is nice and civil... let me remind all of you older guys that this is not the first time, It was either 97 or 98 when we went with out pay cause they could not pass a budget when I was stationed at Pearl...

So its not the first rodeo, and that one was when Clinton was president.

And Dub you will be happy to know it affects all gov employess including the politicians.

Edit: nvm sometimes I get carried away. lol

Here is the softer version..

A lot of private sector employees are unemployed or under employed. This means less tax revenue. That means the govt needs to cut spending but can't because wasting money is all they know how to do. Sorry that people on the government payroll might lose their jobs but this was inevitable due to lack of morals and leadership in Washington and no one person or party is to blame. They are all at fault past, present and likely future. Our troops need to be at home where the real battle needs to be fought anyway.

Edited by Crusty_Demons

Where the problem lies is here......

I get paid half a paycheck this pay period. I will not be able to pay all my bills, it will count against me, not the government and wen I am busting my ass to get a better credit score, who is to blame? We know who is to blame, but who will be held accountable? Me.....

Where the problem lies is here......

I get paid half a paycheck this pay period. I will not be able to pay all my bills, it will count against me, not the government and wen I am busting my ass to get a better credit score, who is to blame? We know who is to blame, but who will be held accountable? Me.....

Congrats on the extension good to know your gonna be alright. The rest of us in 15 to 20% unemployment land will still be getting our half a paycheck or in a lot of cases no paycheck. It's good to know we got another loan to make sure people get paid. Lmao.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

Many joined the military for a steady paycheck, EVERYONE in the country had an opportunity to try to join, lets not forget that. We chose to defend freedom in our respective services, all we ask for is appreciation and to be paid. Id rather be unemployed, where I can go and look for a job, than have to work and not get paid.....

I have the utmost respect and graditude for service men and women. In fact my cousin just graduated boot camp for the Navy. All I am saying is if you really look and analyze what is going on here you will see the present course is heading to ruin. Don't think it can't happen.. even Rome fell mostly from it's own doing.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

When I hear about situations like this, I'm glad I'm a "Pinkerton".

I hope these douhe bags get over their petty differences and come to an agreement by the 15th.

I was thinking about this and when it comes to our armed services.

If a deal isn't reached by the 15th, and they say the military service men and women won't get paid, are you then allowed to leave the armed services?

If a deal isn't reached by the 15th, and they say the military service men and women won't get paid, are you then allowed to leave the armed services?

Nope, if we leave we will be considered AWOL and will face judicial punishment, so we will be forced to keep working with no pay...

Nope, if we leave we will be considered AWOL and will face judicial punishment, so we will be forced to keep working with no pay...

Hmmm? Isn't that called slavery?!!