Is there not a Patch at Launch? for Socom

There was supposed to be a patch today or at launch. And I was under the impression that they were patching in the Party System. I re-listened to the podcast last night and they say we were going to have the party system at launch. The 1.03 patch I thought was done in the beta.

I'm so sick of waiting... that's all I do with Zipper games is wait... I might get run over by something before they get the patches all done.

I'm more concerned with the create game feature. Right now you can't put a pass on it and it seems the only way you can join someone is through the join a friend/clan member feature. So will we be having the same issue as blackouts where anyone on someones psn who's in the game can join ?

I think they were not going to have a Party System at all then sometime changed there minds. And now there trying to put it in for the last month. Which is crap.

At least they are supposedly putting one in. They could be like other game developers and say "fuck the community, we're doing things our way". So even though it's super annoying and a party system is a no brainer to include, I give them props for actually listening to their community.

Guest Attitude

I hope Zipper gets that Paty system in quick. I sure you all are also having a difficult time joining friends in game. It appears everyone is always in a full match. :pout:

I hope Zipper gets that Paty system in quick. I sure you all are also having a difficult time joining friends in game. It appears everyone is always in a full match. :pout:

Ain't that the truth!! Last night we just started doing clan challenges. It's an easier way to keep everyone one the same team in the same room. All the matches are ranked so, you can still level up your weapons and such. The only rreally strange part is that you don't have a clue what map you play.

Ain't that the truth!! Last night we just started doing clan challenges. It's an easier way to keep everyone one the same team in the same room. All the matches are ranked so, you can still level up your weapons and such. The only rreally strange part is that you don't have a clue what map you play.

I tried to send clan invites last night, but couldnt figure out how. And i just finished playing for about 5 hrs or so, so i probably missed it. Is it easy to do?

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's kind of a pain, Nem. You go to the community page, then can send them to people on your friends list. You highlight their name and click X, then a dialog box opens and invite to clan is on the list. However, if they are; offline, busy, or at the main menu, it tells you that the attempt failed. You can also do it in game, if they are in the room with you.

It's kind of a pain, Nem. You go to the community page, then can send them to people on your friends list. You highlight their name and click X, then a dialog box opens and invite to clan is on the list. However, if they are; offline, busy, or at the main menu, it tells you that the attempt failed. You can also do it in game, if they are in the room with you.

So i was in the right place, but if theyre not in game it dont work. Gotcha!! Ill try it while playing tonight.

So whats Clan Challenge? Is that just like a private match? Is it ranked? :)

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It is ranked? I didn't think it was.

But maybe that's because RVN was playing RVN. lol We tried the clan match making system the first night, and it was a pain in the arse to say the least. So we just broke the clan in half and challenged each other.

But I'm glad Zipper thought of clans challenging each other and then the room becomes unranked.

I have a little bit a different view on the Party System today. If feel like playing with randoms and sometimes I do. Just get on and play no teamwork really or just with randoms. It would suck to play against clans. That's why they have the clan war section. I think with a grouped party especially a clanned up party people are going to be bouncing. They had that same mind set in MAG. Where Sony or Zipper didn't want to allow the parties whether clans or groups to over whelm the randoms. There's a lot more randoms then people that are in clans.

I bet they limit it some way....

It is ranked? I didn't think it was.

But maybe that's because RVN was playing RVN. lol We tried the clan match making system the first night, and it was a pain in the arse to say the least. So we just broke the clan in half and challenged each other.

But I'm glad Zipper thought of clans challenging each other and then the room becomes unranked.

Yes it is ranked. I modded up my ACR during a challenge last night.

With so many clans at UF, we should all start using it in the evenings. We had a full boat last night too, and we did end up waiting to find another clan with that many on a few times. Maybe a universal thread in this section will suffice.