Snow, Status (UF) and Socom

Snow

What!! It’s snowing! WTH? This morning here in the frozen tundra of MLPS I woke up to a inch and half of snow cover.. Since this is MN, normally that’s not unusual but April 20!! A few days before Easter! Are you kidding me!! In what was a record year this year for snow fall which left an eight foot snow pack that only a week or two ago finally melted away I’m simply damn tired of it! It got me rethinking my theory that our calendar is inaccurate, erroneous and just plain outdated (pun intended). This came to me early in my childhood when I was perplexed over how we could always have seven days in a week yet some months were 30 days, some were 31, and for some reason one was only 28? You can imagine what I thought when I found out we had to add a day to February every four years just to make it work! I imagined trying to explain my birth date to an alien from another planet.. “I was born on this year which is how many times in the past our planet made a full circle of our sun, and on this month which is the period our planet is tilted at a certain angle and this day which is the number of times our planet spun during that period on that count of our planets sun orbit cycle.. “ Huh? … Just when is Star Trek’s star-date system going to kick in and fix all of this?

Status .. I’m out of the loop.. A job on a lake home construction project in the middle of “bumfukegypt†better know as northwest Wis. put me temporary living in a RV, fairly isolated, no internet and even cell service was sporadic at best. Traveling back home every other weekend to touch home base and resupply left little time for personal pleasures such as visiting the illustrious Urgent Fury forums. When I finally was able to catch up.. I was like “WTF is going on around here!!†LOL. Without going into detail (since I’m still trying to figure out the details anyway). I will say this..

First- I as well as my clan have no plans to leave UF, seek other tournament venues nor have I even considered doing so.

Second- For those that have left… well best of wishes to them. UF has and will always be an open door community. Members are free to visit, stay or go as they care to. I’ve lost count of how many members have left, only to come back later as well as how many have choose to stay the course. I realize removal of membership status at times occurs and some times members don’t have a choice.. however, I also know that on almost every occasion membership suspensions are temporary and given time many membership disagreements are resolved and former good relations are reestablished. Our community members should try to keep this in mind when conversing and interacting on our forums despite the current status of an individuals membership in UF.

Third- disputes, allegations and implication. Yeah ok, life isn’t fair.. who said it was? Lose with dignity.. means just that.. buck up! Get them next time, deal with it.. etc etc.. I wonder if Sniper and Undertow still have to laugh when yet again another allegation of director misconduct occurs at UF? I’m sure Demo does.. LOL. It is part of what being in a community of clans is. Sure some times, somebody is going to get the short end of the stick. Hell who said we we’re perfect? Having been witness to the effort made by both the former owners of UF as well as the current administration to maintain as impartial and unbiased as possible in dispute resolutions I simply don’t see any justification for suggestions of this type. When deliberating hard decisions what is most beneficial to the community as a whole is the main concern. That doesn’t mean the staff is always right it simply means the most effective means for given validly to a counter stance is respectful debate and courteous statements of refute.

Lastly- staff and director cohesion? Who else is married? Has a business partner? Is a co-captain of a team? An argument with your spouse, a business disagreement between partners, a difference in opinions between clan leaders.. all of these occur they don’t necessarily mean a clan is breaking up, a partnership is dissolving or a marriage will end in divorce! If all the directors always agreed and staff was just a bunch of yes.men what good would that be? Yes there are disagreements sometimes even down right arguments but that’s just part of trying to do the right thing. The day the entire administration agrees totally on what is best for UF is the day I’ll get worried.

Socom- It’s here .. fricking finally!! Although I had the beta code almost right from the start, I haven’t had even a small amount of time to spend on it.. My beta playing time was 0 days, 0 hours, 13 minutes! LMAO! Getting back yesterday I headed to my local game shop first off in the morning, I was looking to simply pick up the game.. however I did the math and couldn’t help but want the deal the shooter, navigator, cam kit offered.. Well of course I was told, “we only got enough for pre-orders, did you pre-order it?†errr No.. but I’m not that stupid, they may have had a midnight release but I knew darn well Beer Buy and other dept stores didn’t, I hit the Burb Buy and lo and behold sur-nuf … one had my name on it. I’m way behind but so far I simply don’t know yet.. after such a long wait.. (again) I had a hard time associating this release with what my idea of what Socom is.. Out of the box… No LAN? That sucks but I can live with that… then ohh. I guess I have to charge up this new shooter parts toy.. no problem my trusty controller will be fine.. On to game play, errr where is the Lobby? OK never mind I’ll just start out with some single play to get a feel for it. Hmmm .. a lot less button functions to think about.. let’s jump right into hard (guess the highest difficulty is locked for now) thank god! That wheel of death is gone! Cover? Cover who? Oh ok sort of like RBV.. well not really.. OH shit … so I guess cars don’t make very good cover! LOL.. Does every AI have a rocket launcher? My movement is rather sluggish.. (max out the look speed) ok that’s a little better.. errr over the shoulder view? Only? Ok whatever.. let’s switch to left shoulder.. OK let’s not because I can’t.. Man I’m glad I’m not left handed that would suck… Get away from that car you idiot!! Damn! I’m dead! What are my team mate AI’s doing.. err ok nothing except getting in the way.. Yeah now that’s the Boomer AI I know and love!

That was about it for the first go .. I’m going to try my now charged up shooter contraption tonight… I’ve already moved the couch to a position where I can hide behind it well and I’ve cleared an area on the floor in front of the TV for that jump to prone move.. LOOK out Socom here I come.

• Directors

Goat Notes...

Snow

Why the heck do I continue to Live in Minnesota

Status-

Been there done that, will probably do it again and did you miss me...

Socom-

Wow they were not lying when they said a whole new experence

That was about it for the first go .. I’m going to try my now charged up shooter contraption tonight… I’ve already moved the couch to a position where I can hide behind it well and I’ve cleared an area on the floor in front of the TV for that jump to prone move.. LOOK out Socom here I come.

Honey you have to hit circle so that I can go into cover behind the couch, and maybe later you can hit triangle so that I can dive to prone in the bed tonight :o

Welcome back Goat...

Yes Bandit, Thank you for mentioning the Ranger team since it gives me the opportunity to thank the staff members who kept an eye on things for me. I especially want to thank Ranger Officers Ghost and Hippiechik for their management and commendable assistance during my leave of absence. Although not right away, I plan to spend a great deal of time on some re-organization and involvement within the Urgent Fury Rangers. Given my rather lengthy and prolonged time away from the homestead over the past couple of months. I need to do some catching up on my “to do list†both for home projects and other business task. I should be good to goat by the end of the month and feel confident in the Ranger Officers ability to continue to handle things until then. For now in concerns to the UF Rangers my immediate plan is to focus on considering new candidates for invitation to the Ranger team.

So Shane, do I hit the triangle button first and then jump to prone or do I work on the timing so that I’m hitting the triangle button while in mid air? LOL

Appreciation for the kind words. Wasn’t even that long but I really missed the community and the brothers and sisters of Urgent Fury. Feels good to be back

• Directors
So Shane, do I hit the triangle button first and then jump to prone or do I work on the timing so that I’m hitting the triangle button while in mid air? LOL

Depends on how the Mrs. Likes it... but get a running start and hold the triangle for the optimal results